The Playstation 3 Thread

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Bottom post of the previous page:

If you play a Wii on a big tv it will kill your eyes. They are graphically no different to the Gamecube. If you could combine the motion sensor with the PS3 you would have a killer console.

The games on Wii are also a lot more arcade, go for the PS3.
P34
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by P34 »

Gotcha!
HC

Post by HC »

P34 wrote:Thanks! But I'm totally new to this field, so don't expect from me getting all those abbreviations! :twisted:

Today, I decicded to buy either a Playstation 3, or a Nintendo Wii. I'm not a gamer, and the last time I was playing something was during the PlayStation 1 prime time; however I'd like to have one or two racing games to play during my spare time.

I have a 40-something" Pioneer plasma (or is that LCD?) TV with a great acoustic system (same brand as the TV). Which of the above consoles (considering racing games available for them) would be a better choise for me? Thank you.
Coming from a Nintendo fanboy I would go for the PS3. Sure the Wii is innovative but most developers are only using it as a gimmick. The consoles from Nintendo never really got much attention from other companies. But that was okay because Nintendo's games were fantastic. This time around most of Nintendo's stuff is rather average or a remake. Just about every game has been released on the Gamecube: Pikmin, Resident Evil 4, Zelda Wind Waker Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, etc. There's only a new Mario and I think one or two other games that are worth checking out. But certainly no hardcore stuff. All the good games that are also released on other platforms are downtuned and miss certain options.

PS3 may not be that popular as the Wii but at least this time its quality over quantity, unlike the Wii. There's the graphics and the online support (which is free, not like Xbox). All the new games get released on it and the exclusives are also pretty nice.

As for racing games. If you want to play simulations then you have to go for the PC. If you're looking for good arcade racers on the PS3 then go for F1 Championship Edition (half price) or the just released Midnight Club LA.

PS3
+ Graphics
+ Newest Games

Wii
+ Innovative Controller
+ Virtual Console
- Average Graphics
- Small HDD
HC

Post by HC »

Home went online today, did already download it but with all the traffic now you won't get in so I'll wait till tomorrow. Apparently a lot of stuff is not yet working in the European beta.