Went to a Shed 7 concert tonight

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Went to a Shed 7 concert tonight

Post by PTRACER »

Has anyone ever heard of this band?

It's my best friend's all time favourite band :huh: They appear to have had some chart success and have been around since 1990, although, the lead singer is only 35 years old.

They're one of those annoying modern bands where all of the songs in their back catalogue are of the same style of music, and musically speaking, all of their songs contain guitars repeating the same chord sequence over and over throughout the song with little variation.

Ok, so, the Shepherd's Bush Empire was packed with fans this evening, but the crowd were loutish (i.e. Like a football crowd) and many of them chose to throw pints of beer at other concert-goers and some at the band as well.

The music itself was as well played as the album versions, but it still wasn't my kind of music...The only two concerts I've been to before were Queen concerts and Queen always did "big" live versions of their songs and really big up the endings. When Shed Seven played their final song, there was nothing climactic about it at all - they song just finished, they said goodnight and walked off.

Oh and I was told I sounded like a ponce for calling it a concert...it was a "gig"... :roll:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Tell the dickweed(s) a "gig" is what the band members call a concert.
What if?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

But for those that go and see it, it was a concert, right? :P

I suppose it was good to get out...and see how dirty London really is.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

It was a concert, mhm.
What if?
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

You can't really compare a gig like this (at a club?) with any Queen concerts. At big outdoor arenas everything has to be so much bigger and spectacular to create the atmosphere. At clubs you just need the music.
I for one would rather see my favorite band in a small club or in a theatre than at a football stadium like when I saw the Stones in August.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I'd prefer to see them in a football stadium rather than a small club. You get better acoustics open air. The Shepherd's Bush Empire only seats 2000 people as well.