Question for people who know lots about guitars

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Question for people who know lots about guitars

Post by PTRACER »

My guitar has just come back from the guitar shop to have a full setup...paid £40 for it. There's still fret buzz on the low E string and on the high E , I get a funny buzzing noise coming from the bridge when I play on the 9th to 11th frets. :shock:

Should I take it back and demand my money back or demand they do a proper job? There's also a chip in the guitar and it's brand new, but I don't know if I did that getting into the car or not (I don't think I did).
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
BleedingGums

Post by BleedingGums »

Take it back.

£40 at least buy's you answers to any of your queries... in my book! :wink:
The blues isn't about making yourself feel better, it's about making other people feel worse.
ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

You could also go back and ask if you can compare your guitar to another one of the same type and one from a different one. It could be that it is just a characteristic of yo guitar. If not, than you can always demand a refund or another setup.
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

Pitch a bitch....you paid for quality work and you should recieve it or know the reason why not.
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

There will always be fret buzz unless the action is set to an 1/8" or higher. Ask if the nut was filed and how much relief was put in or taken out of the neck compared to the original condition. I liked a nearly straight neck with hardly any relief.
What if?