The Fastlane F1 Survey **Finished!**

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

WTCC wrote:What does the NEW Dietritch Mat-eh?-shitz track look like? Presuming his funding worked etc?
He tore it apart expecting to get planning permision, but then it wasnt approved so it is now all torn up ready for his new never to happen complex. It resembles a building site atm as far as im aware. Certainly not usable as a circuit of any sorts to my knowledge.

I think I even heard a rumour that it will be sold for a housing development but I may be wrong there.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I need a few more responses for Sunday please. That'll be one of my chances where I can look at the results and talk to Martin Brundle about it at the Festival Of Speed, if possible.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
StrtRacrZ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by StrtRacrZ »

Who? Marlon Brando?

Seriously, Who?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Martin Brundle, the ex-F1 driver :tongue: 1984 to 1996 and he's commentated on almost every race from 1997 to now. He was the 1988 World Sportscar Champion and won the 1990 Le Mans 24 Hours.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

That ain't Marlon Brando! That's Don Corleone! :smiley:
What if?
PTfan54
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by PTfan54 »

Warren wrote:That ain't Marlon Brando! That's Don Corleone! :smiley:
Yeah, I was gonna say... :haha:
Bernie Ecclestone's Glasses: The Greatest Spectacles in Racing
aerogi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by aerogi »

where's Spa in that survey? I can't choose it from the best circuits, nor from the ones I want to have it bac.... it will see there is like no interest at all for Spa????

Some mistake I think in this survey...
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/aerogi/index ... rum=aerogi , the 2nd best motorsport forum of the world! :)
aerogi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by aerogi »

PTRACER wrote:Österreichring:

A1-Ring:

Very different circuits :) One much much faster than the other. :smiley: Technically, the only changes they'd have to make is to just use the old Hella-Licht, Flatschach and Sebring sections. The other curves can't really be modified.
I think you should have only included circuits which are 'possible' to be back on the calender, otherwise you might as well have included the old Hockenheimring for example...
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/aerogi/index ... rum=aerogi , the 2nd best motorsport forum of the world! :)
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

If you look on the low-resolution maps of the Oesterreichring, you can still see the tarmac of the old circuit. It's probably in no worse condition than the rest of the A1-Ring itself.

aerogi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by aerogi »

PTRACER wrote:If you look on the low-resolution maps of the Oesterreichring, you can still see the tarmac of the old circuit. It's probably in no worse condition than the rest of the A1-Ring itself.
ok then...

but what about my other remark? :tongue: In every survey I fill in, I want to have an apportunity to make sure that Spa comes up as the best racing circuit...
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Sorry :oops:
aerogi wrote:where's Spa in that survey? I can't choose it from the best circuits, nor from the ones I want to have it bac.... it will see there is like no interest at all for Spa????

Some mistake I think in this survey...
Spa is supposed to be coming back anyway. I know that probably every single person would prefer to have Spa instead of the other circuits, but there's currently no plans to bring back Long Beach, A1-Ring, Brands Hatch, Donington Park etc. :smiley: Which would make the question a waste of time, IMO. Also, the other question on your favourite circuit - it's your favourite circuit on this year's calendar. Spa isn't on this year's calendar.

aerogi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by aerogi »

hmmmm, you don't convince me. With these results, Spa will nowhere be mentioned... and I think if you would have left the option that people can enter a circuit names themselves, Spa would be the one with most votes...

and besides, it is not certain that Spa will be back next year, as teams don't want more races, and Mexico and South Korea wants to hold a race as well! It was in our news this week, that when it comes to 'offer' money to host the race, Spa will have no chance...

and we all know that even though Spa is a great circuit, when it comes to money, they don't care of how good a circuit is...

remember Spa being dropped a few years ago because of the tobacco ban? Remember Suzuka being dropped next year in favor or boring Fuji?

So... if there's a F1 survey, I want to make sure that we want Spa!!!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

At the moment, Suzuka is one of the most popular circuits on the race calendar, according to the poll.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

PTRACER wrote:At the moment, Suzuka is one of the most popular circuits on the race calendar, according to the poll.
Yeah, so lets put it off the calender and replace it with another Tilke track! :haha:
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Xen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Xen »

Finished the survey ! :wave:
Nordschleife, the ultimate track in the world...
Corsair
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Corsair »

Cheeveer wrote:
PTRACER wrote:At the moment, Suzuka is one of the most popular circuits on the race calendar, according to the poll.
Yeah, so lets put it off the calender and replace it with another Tilke track! :haha:
That's what's happening. They are, or planning to, replace it with Tilke's edited Fuji track that is, in fact, total shite.