Poll about the F1 Qualifying, Monaco 2006 *SPOILERS!*

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.

Do you think Schumi stopped at Rascasse on purpose?

YES, and I am a Schumi fan
11%
YES, and I'm NOT a Schumi fan
63%
NO, and I am a Schumi fan
22%
NO, and I am NOT a Schumi fan
4%

Total votes: 27

Arturo_Pereira

Post by Arturo_Pereira »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I have been watching F1 races for more than 30 years and I never say a World Champion acting this way. Much less, trying to make the fool from F1 fans clearly lying about what he did, in a childish way, and not assuming any responsability for his actions.

This kind of mess started well in 1990 at Suzuka, where an irresponsible drives crashed other car on purpose to get that car off the track and got a title without any penalty.

A 7 times World Champion can not loose the car at 10mph and say he just made a mistake. If anybody watched the way these guys kept their cars under control behind the pacecar, while making zigzags to heat the tyres, can not say this was just a mistake. MS´s records are not in his favour, but MS should not be blamed for this. The FIA is the main responsable for allowing this anti-sportifs moves in the past, from MS and from other drivers, including Ayrton Senna.

MS should have been banned from F1. He simulated a mistake to get an advantage, while at the same time he put in danger other drivers´ secutiry. This is not new coming from MS (Adelaide 1994, Estoril 1997, just to name a few), but considering FIA´s records about justice, I am not surprised MS got a soft penalty for such an ungentlemanly behaviour.

Fortunately, any World title won by i.e Jim Clark is clean, as well as are many others. Both Senna and MS wins are far from being that clean and hence deserved. IF a 7 times World Champion needs to use this kind of moves to get a pole position, God saves F1, since only Gods can save it.

Many people tends to assume MS said the truth, when his records show he is a lier and that he has no doubts about pulling other drivers off the track when he has somehting to win or to loose. There has been many drivers in the past that had less talent than MS, but certianly their World titles were well deserved. With some notable exceptions, Aytron Senna to name one, the vast majority won their titles with clean tactics and they showed respect for other drivers´ integrity.

In any case, Ayton Senna had the balls to recognize what he did. MS just tried to mask his unsportmanship :shock:
AP
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

The FIA is the main responsable for allowing this anti-sportifs moves in the past, from MS and from other drivers, including Ayrton Senna
Yep :thumbsup:
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Just thought it might be nice to add the comments of one of the investigators or officials involved in handing down the verdict and penalty..... some of the things the te;emetary brought up...... hmmmmm, Michael you have the ability not to need to stoop to these depths.

Steward's comments
....." ]It was a painful decision because we could not make a mistake and put the reputation of a driver at risk," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We don't know if the entire manoeuvre was deliberate, but in that spot he had certainly not done anything like it throughout the weekend: he braked over 50% more heavily than on the other laps.

"Then he performed some absolutely unnecessary and pathetic counter-steering, and that lasted five metres, until there was no more chances of going through the turn normally.

"He lost control of the car while travelling at 16km/h! That's something completely unjustifiable. And the engine shut off because he wanted it to, by losing enough time before hitting the clutch. This is clear.And the excuse that he did not engage reverse because there was traffic doesn't make sense."
Well it certainly seems that there was sufficient guilt to at least charge him with deliberately stopping on the circuit, which at the end of the day is enough of a no-no to get the punishment he did.

A final thougght relating to his comments on not knowing that the drivers were on a hot lap, I can only say to him that if he hasnt picked in 16 years that during the last two minutes of qualifying of this nature (ie not single car) that all runners, certainly those top runners with the chance of improving are going to be on the circuit. To say he didnt know is just a bit of an NFW in my mind
:roll:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
ASH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ASH »

There's a bad Schumi, every now and then. In two month nobody will give a shit about Michael's "disabled punk buster", as they did with the flexi mirrors (not that again :roll: ).
Work as hard as you can! Do it as well as you can! Don't shit where you eat!