Computer Game Screenshots

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I have been re-working the Auto Union C type physics lately for Assetto Corsa. Made a whole host of changes. The result is pretty damn fun.

Give it a go, tell me if it is any good and if so I'll upload to Racedepartment. The only thing I haven't worked on is tyre life, so that'll be the final change I make before official release: http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/temp/Auto ... taFile.zip

Changelog
Increased drag to match real life top speeds, new suspension, new power curve based on published data, revised tyres, correct number of gears and the real gear ratios/final drive used on the actual car, correct weight and weight balance, correct fuel mileage (2.8mpg or so at the Nurburgring depending on how you drive it). Maybe some other things here and there, I don't remember.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Super Late Models at Indianapolis Raceway Park

***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

trying out linking through discord, tell me if it doesn't work.

Look at how the Lada's chassis bends, been trying out Assetto Corsa and all the new mods that supposedly transforms the game, and got to say that the hype is real!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Works good :thumbsup: AC's physics engine is so good, the only bad thing about it is the AI + lack of rolling starts.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Yes, the AI is way too slow, that's why I'm driving a Yugo in those screenshots!

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Then there's my favorite mod in rFactor 2 at the moment, but look how flat they look while cornering:

it still is a great driving experience, but the fidelity in the graphics department is still way behind the original 8 year old Assetto Corsa for some reason.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 1 year ago Then there's my favorite mod in rFactor 2 at the moment, but look how flat they look while cornering:

it still is a great driving experience, but the fidelity in the graphics department is still way behind the original 8 year old Assetto Corsa for some reason.
Same with iRacing. AC with the latest custom shader patches looks amazing.

How is the AI in rF2 lately?

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

PTRACER wrote: 1 year agoHow is the AI in rF2 lately?
Depends so much on the individual mod, both tracks and car mod. Big step from rF1 and GTR2 of course, but nowhere near iRacing's and ACC's. But as it is much more cumbersome to mod than the older games, it is much harder to fix the mistakes the original modders has made. Like the DTM 1991 mod, it's talent files are rubbish, but there's no easy way to fix that. With some small adjustment I could make them race much more intelligently, but I have to figure out how to implement those changes into the game.

Original AC also has crap AI, but for other reasons. Just so damn slow! At 100% they are often 4 or 5 seconds slower than me on most tracks. Makes AI racing completely useless, unless you choose a overly slow car.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 1 year ago
PTRACER wrote: 1 year agoHow is the AI in rF2 lately?
Depends so much on the individual mod, both tracks and car mod. Big step from rF1 and GTR2 of course, but nowhere near iRacing's and ACC's. But as it is much more cumbersome to mod than the older games, it is much harder to fix the mistakes the original modders has made. Like the DTM 1991 mod, it's talent files are rubbish, but there's no easy way to fix that. With some small adjustment I could make them race much more intelligently, but I have to figure out how to implement those changes into the game.

Original AC also has crap AI, but for other reasons. Just so damn slow! At 100% they are often 4 or 5 seconds slower than me on most tracks. Makes AI racing completely useless, unless you choose a overly slow car.
I'm in a similar position with AC. Given a 10 or 15 lap race and 20 cars, even if I start last I'm likely to win or finish in the top 3.

What about ACC? Is the AI any better?

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Much, much better. In the 12h Bathurst I did, I finished 2nd a lap behind the winner, but battling back from about a 45 second deficit from the podium fight over 8 hours of racing. The fight for 2nd went back and forth between a few cars, depending on which AI drivers was in the seat and the state of the track. The AI doesn't defend very aggressively, nor pass each too much (which I guess is realistic since GT3's are very aero dependant) but they race each other much more realistically.

That's the luxury I guess Kunos have had in that title, that they don't have to cater to modders. Of course the AI is a lot better when you just have to deal with a very limited amount of cars and tracks, while rF2's developers have had to make a whole generic algorithm that is meant to work for an infinite amount of modded cars and tracks. That said, ACC's AI is a lot better than rF2's stock content too.

Results after 12 hours of green flag racing:

Also somewhat realistic: the 888 car of Lowndes, SvG and Whincup set fastest lap but wasn't consistent enough to contend for the win.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

week 13

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 1 year ago Much, much better. In the 12h Bathurst I did, I finished 2nd a lap behind the winner, but battling back from about a 45 second deficit from the podium fight over 8 hours of racing. The fight for 2nd went back and forth between a few cars, depending on which AI drivers was in the seat and the state of the track. The AI doesn't defend very aggressively, nor pass each too much (which I guess is realistic since GT3's are very aero dependant) but they race each other much more realistically.

That's the luxury I guess Kunos have had in that title, that they don't have to cater to modders. Of course the AI is a lot better when you just have to deal with a very limited amount of cars and tracks, while rF2's developers have had to make a whole generic algorithm that is meant to work for an infinite amount of modded cars and tracks. That said, ACC's AI is a lot better than rF2's stock content too.

Results after 12 hours of green flag racing:

Also somewhat realistic: the 888 car of Lowndes, SvG and Whincup set fastest lap but wasn't consistent enough to contend for the win.
I really enjoy the GT style racing in Assetto Corsa, except for the AI, so this post almost convinced me to buy ACC to be honest. The only real put-offs at the moment are a) The price, b) The inability to add track mods, c) The fact I don't have enough spare time to play it at the moment...

I've read there will be a big update released this year though.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Assetto Corsa is currently my favorite sim.
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

The only NASCAR sim I'll ever need.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

The only hillclimb sim I'll never need.