2025 Calendar

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

2025 Calendar

Post by Star »

Here's the first look at the provisional calendar for 2025. It's very similar to 2024 in a lot of ways, after the first few races. Australia opens the season, then China and Japan have also moved ahead of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia as far as I can tell, at least without thoroughly checking it race by race.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Star wrote: 3 weeks ago Here's the first look at the provisional calendar for 2025. It's very similar to 2024 in a lot of ways, after the first few races. Australia opens the season, then China and Japan have also moved ahead of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia as far as I can tell, at least without thoroughly checking it race by race.
Several stretches of back-to-back races.

1. So should I be planning a trip to Europe for 16 May to 1 June and attend 3 GPs (Imola, Monaco and Barcelona).
2. Or... 27 June - 6 July and attend two GPs (Austria and UK)
3. Or...25 July - 3 Aug and attend two GPs (Spa and Budapest)
4. Or...29 Aug - 7 Sep and attend two GPs (Zandvoort and Monza)

Of course the problem is still that:
1. The cost of tickets is very high now.
2. Most good seats have been sold.
3. Hotels those weekends are expensive.
4. The racing sucks.

Maybe I shouldn't look at going until 2026... or maybe 2028 when the Andretti team is racing. I did seriously consider going over this year but was looking at it costing a lot of money, so I could sit in a lousy seat that looks at only one corner and watch Max dominant the race. Choose to spend my time doing something else.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

The way F1 is trying to please US, if I would be in your place, I sit at home and wait. The F1 race is coming into your town soon. You can watch it from your front porch. :happy:

On more serious note, for visiting race in Monaco you may need a second mortgage on house.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Melbourne only gets the season opener again because Ramadan will be almost all March hence Bahrain & Jeddah were moved to April? We could see those first five GP change order around Ramadan for quite some time :whistling:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Vassago wrote: 3 weeks ago Melbourne only gets the season opener again because Ramadan will be almost all March hence Bahrain & Jeddah were moved to April? We could see those first five GP change order around Ramadan for quite some time :whistling:
It may well be to do with Ramadan dates but It was also part of the deal to extend the AGP contract into the 2030's that 5 of the next 13 years of the contract (now extended to 2035) will see the AGP as the opening round of the season.. Mind you having said that this year 2024 was one of the races that was due to be the opening round when. All other years it is contracted to be one of the first three races.

The contract details as released back in June 2022 are detailed in this article. Albert Park get opening round guarantees in new AGP Contract

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

@Ruslan Personally I'd go for option 3 or 4, either Spa or Monza would be races I'd choose if I could pick. They're both epic tracks in my view.

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

@Ruslan

Wherever you go, be sure to be hooked up on an iPad feed. Spa is known to be a wet event. Monaco could be sunny, but expensive, and you need to plan visit probably more than a year in advance to get tickets. I continue to believe that an extra large TV together with data feed on a tablet provide for most informative, and enjoyable viewing experience. Plan site seeing for another day.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

@PTRACER @Mods

Re 2025 Calendar

Just a thought but my feelings are the calendar is an important topic and deserves an exclusive thread on its own, rather than being 'hidden' in a miscellaneous already random, diverse, and often used thread.

There are bound to be further comments re the calendar as it goes from being provisional to confirmed so over the season in this random thread it will get further fragmented as a discussion. Also as we discuss any personal GP visits over the year.

Its always good to be able to reference the calendar during the year with a single click rather than having to use the search function to find the relevant post. (Selfishly from that easy reference pov it helps me to plan putting together the previews rather than going to an external site!)

Your call, and I will go with the flow whatever the call. As I said, just a thought. :wink:

Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

I've been upgraded ;) Thanks @PTRACER

Sorry, @Everso Biggyballies I probably should have started a new topic for it. I'll try to remember next time. :cool:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Star wrote: 2 weeks ago I've been upgraded ;) Thanks @PTRACER

Sorry, @Everso Biggyballies I probably should have started a new topic for it. I'll try to remember next time. :cool:
Crikey, no need to apologise it was just a thought. Thanks for posting it in the first place. I hadnt seen it announced.

Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Aty wrote: 3 weeks ago @Ruslan

Wherever you go, be sure to be hooked up on an iPad feed. Spa is known to be a wet event. Monaco could be sunny, but expensive, and you need to plan visit probably more than a year in advance to get tickets. I continue to believe that an extra large TV together with data feed on a tablet provide for most informative, and enjoyable viewing experience. Plan site seeing for another day.
Yea, planning a year ahead is a problem. I do have a life.

Back in 1990s I had to cancel a trip to see Montreal. I got recruited to lead a tour in Russia and had to cancel going. Luckily my friends that went were able to re-sell the tickets for me at the gate.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Star wrote: 3 weeks ago @Ruslan Personally I'd go for option 3 or 4, either Spa or Monza would be races I'd choose if I could pick. They're both epic tracks in my view.
Well as you know, we were going to do Budapest and Spa this year, but the tickets we could get sucked. It was $2,000 to get a grandstand seat at Budapest that allowed up to see the exit out of the last corner and halfway down the straight. Then back to watching 90% of the race on the big screen. For Spa it was a new grandstand at Turn 12 that pretty much allowed us to see one turn where there is never any passing. Only around $300, but transport and hotel to add up for a very limited view. So, ended up passing on that trip.

Not sure how to do better next time.

I may wait until 2026 in the hope that the racing will be better.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Ruslan wrote: 2 weeks ago
Aty wrote: 3 weeks ago @Ruslan

Yea, planning a year ahead is a problem.
You can do it. :haha:
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Ruslan wrote: 3 weeks ago
Star wrote: 3 weeks ago Here's the first look at the provisional calendar for 2025. It's very similar to 2024 in a lot of ways, after the first few races. Australia opens the season, then China and Japan have also moved ahead of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia as far as I can tell, at least without thoroughly checking it race by race.
Several stretches of back-to-back races.

1. So should I be planning a trip to Europe for 16 May to 1 June and attend 3 GPs (Imola, Monaco and Barcelona).
2. Or... 27 June - 6 July and attend two GPs (Austria and UK)
3. Or...25 July - 3 Aug and attend two GPs (Spa and Budapest)
4. Or...29 Aug - 7 Sep and attend two GPs (Zandvoort and Monza)

Of course the problem is still that:
1. The cost of tickets is very high now.
2. Most good seats have been sold.
3. Hotels those weekends are expensive.
4. The racing sucks.

Maybe I shouldn't look at going until 2026... or maybe 2028 when the Andretti team is racing. I did seriously consider going over this year but was looking at it costing a lot of money, so I could sit in a lousy seat that looks at only one corner and watch Max dominant the race. Choose to spend my time doing something else.
The boredom factor is a fair concern.

However, you could try to combine a couple other things, though. Eg: F1, then MotoGP and/or WEC (pending their schedules, of course). The latter would be better races, while also providing a variety of tracks and a bit of an X factor.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

Ruslan wrote: 2 weeks ago
Star wrote: 3 weeks ago @Ruslan Personally I'd go for option 3 or 4, either Spa or Monza would be races I'd choose if I could pick. They're both epic tracks in my view.
Well as you know, we were going to do Budapest and Spa this year, but the tickets we could get sucked. It was $2,000 to get a grandstand seat at Budapest that allowed up to see the exit out of the last corner and halfway down the straight. Then back to watching 90% of the race on the big screen. For Spa it was a new grandstand at Turn 12 that pretty much allowed us to see one turn where there is never any passing. Only around $300, but transport and hotel to add up for a very limited view. So, ended up passing on that trip.

Not sure how to do better next time.

I may wait until 2026 in the hope that the racing will be better.
I do recall you telling me that.

I don't know how Monza is for seating and ticket costs, that's a very good track also in my opinion.