Andretti F1

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Andretti F1

Post by Ruslan »

It does not appear that Andretti is going away. Here is his new team facility at Silverstone: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motors ... 6285&ei=34

They have a workforce of 80 people. It is a 48,000 square foot building.

P. Cornelius Scipio
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve

Post by P. Cornelius Scipio »

I wish every success to Andretti, they deserve to be in F1 and I am shocked by the fact that someone is such a fool as to claim that Andretti would not bring any value to F1. First of all they would increase competition and that, in itself, is a huge asset for F1, secondly Andretti is probably one of the greatest names in the history of motorsport, thirdly F1 is not a private business, it is a sport sanctioned by a sporting federation and by definition everyone should be allowed to compete.

GO ANDRETTI!!!!!!!!!
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

They could build a car and test it whilst not being restricted by the testing ban right? Spend a year doing a Toyota to learn more...
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

P. Cornelius Scipio wrote: 3 weeks ago I wish every success to Andretti, they deserve to be in F1 and I am shocked by the fact that someone is such a fool as to claim that Andretti would not bring any value to F1. First of all they would increase competition and that, in itself, is a huge asset for F1, secondly Andretti is probably one of the greatest names in the history of motorsport, thirdly F1 is not a private business, it is a sport sanctioned by a sporting federation and by definition everyone should be allowed to compete.

GO ANDRETTI!!!!!!!!!
Seeing how desperate F1 is to lean into the US, and have a US manufacturer in the wings to support them, I just don't understand why they're being knocked back again and again.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 weeks ago
P. Cornelius Scipio wrote: 3 weeks ago I wish every success to Andretti, they deserve to be in F1 and I am shocked by the fact that someone is such a fool as to claim that Andretti would not bring any value to F1. First of all they would increase competition and that, in itself, is a huge asset for F1, secondly Andretti is probably one of the greatest names in the history of motorsport, thirdly F1 is not a private business, it is a sport sanctioned by a sporting federation and by definition everyone should be allowed to compete.

GO ANDRETTI!!!!!!!!!
Seeing how desperate F1 is to lean into the US, and have a US manufacturer in the wings to support them, I just don't understand why they're being knocked back again and again.
$$$
I suspect it’s to put them off until the new Concorde is sorted and the dilution fee for a new team is $5/600 million. That will keep the existing team s happier and be more relevant to current team values.

On the subject of existing teams the rumours of Alpine becoming available albeit only to someone who will guarantee to use Alpine / Renault power units won’t go away. Their recent share sale values them North of a billion $. (24% sold for $326 million = 1.3 billion for 100%) Of course that scenario doesn’t fit with Andretti given the GM commitment to developing their own F1 engines…. depending on how serious GM are and how much is just talk. Who knows?.

Also yesterday I read that Marko was hinting that VCARB might entertain a change of ownership should the Red Bull shareholders agree. He did qualify that suggestion with an it wouldn’t be cheap so I suspect again North of a billion bucks.

I don’t know that Andretti has that level of investors behind them bearing in mind they baulked at paying over $200 ish mill for Sauber, albeit before team values rocketed up.

Edit: Link to the Marko VCARB sale article.... I was posting from my phone waiting for doc appt before and couldnt find it.https://www.planetf1.com/news/potential ... ko-rb-sale

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Well you have to give them ten out of ten for not giving up on this. Are they throwing good money after bad? Only time will tell. I hope they make it, they deserve to. I still can't fully understand why they won't let the team in when it's so obvious how committed they are. It's so wrong.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Why F1 rejected Andretti bid to join the grid for 2025, 2026
The underlying reasons were a combination of F1's doubts over the competitiveness of the Andretti bid, the fact that it would rely on an existing F1 engine manufacturer being forced into a supply deal until GM is ready with its own engines, and the belief that "F1 would bring value to the Andretti brand rather than the other way around."
https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/ ... -2025-2026

People on sidelines don't like teams talking into how is F1 managed. Here a team is ignoring all conventions (teams, owners, etc.), and everyone on sidelines is suddenly fine with it - because of Andretti(?). Seems slightly hypocritical. I think clingy Andretti should stay out until a new CA is negotiated.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Alpine denies new Andretti F1 team buyout rumours

Just as rumours emerge that Alpine could soon be sold, a hopeful Andretti-Cadillac is stepping up its efforts to enter Formula 1.

Despite being rejected by F1's commercial rights holder Liberty Media until at least 2028, Andretti opened a new building for its F1 project this week at Silverstone.

It is an independent property in its own name with the possibility to scale up activities as the situation evolves, Andretti Global said in a statement.

We have said that our work continues at pace, the organisation added. While we are building an American works team, having a European base is a great way to attract the best in F1 talent and install state-of-the-art machinery.

Former F1 driver Michael Andretti, who heads the organisation that also races in Indycar, Formula E and other top categories, told the media he is confident the outfit will eventually be on the F1 grid.

We are going to be there, he is quoted by the Spanish sports daily Marca. "We are convinced that we are going to achieve it.

Our goal is also to have a Formula 3 and Formula 2 team to help the F1 team, Andretti, 61, added. And then maybe even a WEC team.
grandprix.com
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Aty wrote: 3 weeks ago
Our goal is also to have a Formula 3 and Formula 2 team to help the F1 team, Andretti, 61, added. And then maybe even a WEC team.
grandprix.com
I guess that WEC potential Michael mentions is playing lip service to the fact that Ganassi are ceasing their WEC and IMSA Cadillac LMDh Hypercar partnership come the end of 2024. Given the fact Andretti have a close relationship with GM in their F1 ambitions maybe there is something there for the future?

My understanding is that CG cut the Cadillac link, and that other than GM saying they have enjoyed success with CGR across many series blah blah blah, they (Cadillac) will announce their 2025 WEC and IMSA plans in due course. CGR intends to continue it Sportscar involvement, just no mention of with who or what just yet.

Cadillac has however recently ruled out providing customer versions of its LMDh car to teams competing in the WEC or IMSA, certainly in the immediate future.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

I would actually love if we have Audi, Renault, Mercedes, Ferrari, Honda, GM, and Ford teams in some sort of competition. Porsche has decided to focus on hybrids and electrification, so, I can forget to see them in a line up for the time be. I am truly sorry about that.
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Everest Sport

Post by Kai-Star »

I fuly endorse Andretti as I'm sure almost all fans do. I wish them the best and hope they get to enter F1 at some point.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Well, it does look like they are still trying to work within the system (as opposed to suing F1 Management, which is what I would be doing): An article based on discussion with Mario Andretti: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... f970&ei=10

Anyhow, the question is my mind is whether they will be racing come 2026 or 2028. I really hope it will be 2026. I gather F1 Management is trying to squeeze another $200 - $400 million out of them.

What I really hope is that FIA takes charge and goes back to making it a proper competitive racing series and allows anyone who can field a competitive car to race, like it used to be.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Meanwhile, Andretti/GM is building an engine for 2028: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 8a23&ei=35

Also they are also looking to setting up an F3 and F2 team and maybe a WEC team to help develop American talent.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Article from the F1 News feed: https://www.grandprix.com/news/andretti ... olicy.html

A few interesting claims:
1. Amid F1's rejection of the Andretti bid, he said Formula One Management (FOM) then tried to hook up GM and Cadillac with an existing team.

2. For now, the project is still aiming for the green-light for 2026.

3. It's definitely about the financial side, no question about it, Andretti said, referring to the way the sport's commercial revenues are split between F1 and the teams.

They should just sue and air out F1 Management's dirty laundry in public.
Last edited by Ruslan 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

ANDRETTI: IF FORMULA ONE MANAGEMENT WANT BLOOD, I’M READY
https://www.grandprix247.com/2024/04/22 ... -im-ready/

Yeah, Mario is making friends in high places. I think however he can start examining his own contribution to this situation. It was fine and proper to apply, but one should try to negotiate outcome, instead purchasing a Colt 45.