Horner under investigation

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Red Bull GmbH said in a brief statement on February 28, before the start of the season, that the complainant had a right of appeal after the grievance was dismissed.
So, she is reportedly appealing (unconfirmed yet by RB).

I don't however understand mechanics of this case. It was widely reported that she was purportedly awarded large sums of money (from two sources), yet now she is lodging this appeal? Does this mean in reality there was no pay out? One would think if you accept 1 M, you also stop complaining and go away for good.

The truth in this case is really rare commodity.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Rare commodity because in the politically correct Western corpo world Horner would have been suspended and fired long before the investigation had been finished. You know - to limit the PR damage. However the Asian majority owners let it be investigated until the very end to uncover the facts and there apparently was no #### to hit the fan after all. Guess doing things the Asian way caught everyone in Europe by surprise which isn't actually a surprise itself.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
P. Cornelius Scipio
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve

Post by P. Cornelius Scipio »

Aty wrote: 1 month ago

I don't however understand mechanics of this case. It was widely reported that she was purportedly awarded large sums of money (from two sources), yet now she is lodging this appeal? Does this mean in reality there was no pay out? One would think if you accept 1 M, you also stop complaining and go away for good.
You are correct in pointing out this massive inconsistency. IMHO either (i) she took the money and signed an agreement where she committed to confidentiality and to take no further action, or (ii) she never took any money, is still employed by RBR (otherwise she wouldn't have the power to appeal the findings of internal investigation), hasn't been made redundant but only suspended and has appealed the KC's findings. In a sense this inconsistency highlights the fact that most of what has been fed to the general public by some media is utter bs

I think that this case is much more straightforward than some media want to describe it (and some journalists I fear do not fully understand how certain matters work)
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

P. Cornelius Scipio wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago

You are correct in pointing out this massive inconsistency. IMHO either (i) she took the money and signed an agreement where she committed to confidentiality and to take no further action, or (ii) she never took any money, is still employed by RBR (otherwise she wouldn't have the power to appeal the findings of internal investigation), hasn't been made redundant but only suspended and has appealed the KC's findings. In a sense this inconsistency highlights the fact that most of what has been fed to the general public by some media is utter bs

I think that this case is much more straightforward than some media want to describe it (and some journalists I fear do not fully understand how certain matters work)
It seem so. Some articles claimed there were actually two reports on this case. Thai had his lawyer looking at it. There is no coherence what's fed to public.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Too often these days we have 'trial by social media', rather than actual proper enquiries. No matter the result of any enquiries there are, you will always have those who claim it's a cover up and people are lying if they don't get the outcome they want or believe they should have got.

I think Red Bull have done the correct thing in doing a full and detailed enquiry into what happened and for not immediately giving into the baying mob and firing Christian Horner as so many others do these days to appease the media/their fans.

Don't get wrong, if he was guilty of actual sexual harrassment I'd be in favour of him being fired on the spot as that is totally unacceptable, especially when he's the boss of the woman who claims he did wrong by her. At the same time, I'd hate to see him fired for something he didn't do.

I don't know where this will end, but I do know the longer it goes on, the worse it is for the team, F1 in general and of course Christian Horner and the woman involved. One of them is being economical with the truth and whichever one of them it proves to be deserves everything they get coming their way.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

:agreepost:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Apparently the latest meeting of the red bull board lasted until dawn.

Horny all night long
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Well, turns out she has filed the complaint against Red Bull. According to the Telegraph, if the appeal fails then she still has the option to go to an employment tribunal. So this story is going to drag out for months: https://sports.yahoo.com/christian-horn ... 58353.html

On the other hand, according to BBC, the complainant has registered grievances with FIA. This kind of pushes its visibility up: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motors ... b62b&ei=16

According to BBC a complaint was made to the FIA ethics and compliance hotline on 2 February and a second complaint was made on March 6. FIA is not able to confirm receipt of the complaints (that is not in the above article).
Last edited by Ruslan 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

This is getting out of hand.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Aty wrote: 1 month ago This is getting out of hand.
that is what they want.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

How?
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 month ago
How?
You cannot control perceptions. RB product, FiA, F1 and the team are all potentially in the line of fire, which might be rapidly getting out of control in public arena.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I fail to see what FOM or the FIA has to do with an internal RB matter.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Michkov wrote: 1 month ago I fail to see what FOM or the FIA has to do with an internal RB matter.
You need to follow the case. It is not anymore strictly team's issue.

Both, FiA and FOM expressed concerns over RB incident (more than once or twice).
March 1 - F1 and FIA meet in Bahrain

Ahead of the first qualifying session of the season, Domenicali and Ben Sulayem met to discuss the developing situation.

Horner was also seen leaving the pit wall during final practice to meet with them, as the focus on the issue continued to heighten.
March 16 - Accuser's FIA complaint?

Following reports midweek that Horner's accuser would seek an appeal against the dismissal of the case, a BBC report suggested there had been a complaint from the accuser made to the FIA.

In response, the governing body released this statement: "At the FIA, enquiries and complaints are received and managed by the Compliance Officer, and the Ethics Committee where appropriate.

"Both bodies operate autonomously, guaranteeing strict confidentiality throughout the process.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Ruslan wrote: 1 month ago Well, turns out she has filed the complaint against Red Bull. According to the Telegraph, if the appeal fails then she still has the option to go to an employment tribunal. So this story is going to drag out for months: https://sports.yahoo.com/christian-horn ... 58353.html

On the other hand, according to BBC, the complainant has registered grievances with FIA. This kind of pushes its visibility up: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motors ... b62b&ei=16

According to BBC a complaint was made to the FIA ethics and compliance hotline on 2 February and a second complaint was made on March 6. FIA is not able to confirm receipt of the complaints (that is not in the above article).
But is it the woman in question who is still pushing this, or are others enouraging/urging, paying for her to do this?

We all know it's a power struggle and both sides seem to be really determined. It's seemingly not going to end until one side has won and the other is forced out. All we get to do is eat popcorn and watch as this plays out as it escalates.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
P. Cornelius Scipio
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve

Post by P. Cornelius Scipio »

Star wrote: 1 month ago
Ruslan wrote: 1 month ago Well, turns out she has filed the complaint against Red Bull. According to the Telegraph, if the appeal fails then she still has the option to go to an employment tribunal. So this story is going to drag out for months: https://sports.yahoo.com/christian-horn ... 58353.html

But is it the woman in question who is still pushing this, or are others enouraging/urging, paying for her to do this?

We all know it's a power struggle and both sides seem to be really determined. It's seemingly not going to end until one side has won and the other is forced out. All we get to do is eat popcorn and watch as this plays out as it escalates.
well said. I could only add that on occasion it seems that the problem is not between the two shareholders but between Horner/the shareholders (the legal entity that exonerated Horner from any wrongdoing is Red Bull GmbH... it's the Austrian who said he did nothing wrong, it's not a minor detail, thay might have had their disagreements but it looks as if they want to solve this matter in a professional way, not out in public) and the Marko/Verstappen side, it seems as if Marko and Jos want to control the team, IMHO that is what is really at stake here