20 years of The Fastlane

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Arthur-vL wrote: 4 months ago Wow, 20 years :bow: ! Congratulations with this milestone, cause it really is :thumbsup: ! Think of a website from early 2000 that is still relevant and online? Not many that you can think of, isn't? I think I signed up for this forum at some point, but certainly when we merged with Farzad's forum; when was that? I never saw him around, that is a pity. It might be that that is why I am not posting a lot, but still I know that when I like to have an objective view of events I can consult the forum over here. And also if I am in need of understanding an accident (recent of from the past) I know where to consult.

Many thanks for keeping this forum up and I hope it remains online until enternity :twothumbs:

BTW; here a snap of how it looked like in 2003:

Thanks Arthur! I remember the logo - it was designed by P34 (Sergey, from Ukraine). We planned to have a website showing off all our video captures like TBK, but then other sites started receiving takedown notices so we abandoned the idea.

The merger with Farzad's was perhaps in 2016 or 2017? I think their forum only had around 5-10 regular posters at the time - many of them signed up here but only a few of them are left. I have no idea what happened to Farzad himself.

Anyway, nice to see you around.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Hard to believe I've been on here for the past 16 years and that I've to blame some guys for me going to the IOM :haha: :bye:
Congrats anyway :twothumbs:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies