Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

GPL Slipstream Patch v3.1

Post by PTRACER »

After two years and hundreds of hours of development it is my pleasure to bring a new patch to the GPL community.

GPL Slipstream Patch V3.1 restores the original game's slipstream physics and equalises them across all 3rd party mods. It also modifies the draft's strength and length to bring GPL more in line with modern sims.

The slipstream's length is now around 40% longer than in the original game, but less than 10% the length of the slipstream in the mods. On average, the strength has been reduced by approximately 35%.

For full compatibility with all currently released mods, two separate 36fps versions and two 60fps versions are included. The 60fps versions convert the game to 60fps automatically without the need for brr's patches. It's not necessary (and not possible) to activate both this and brr's patches at the same time.

--------------------------------

Slipstream v3.0 includes a number of pioneering security features to guarantee there is no chance of cheating either online or offline:

1. Saving of Best Laps is disabled to avoid any impact on GPLRank.
2. Unpatched players cannot join patched servers.
3. Patched players can join unpatched servers and use the Chat function in most mods, but cannot advance past the track selection screen or go to track.
4. Advancing past the track selection screen is not possible if any incompatible patches are enabled.

Patches with known incompatibilities: 60fpsv1, 60fpsaiv1, 60fpsv2, 60fpsv2newmod, 144 fps v1.0, dirtgearpatch (all versions), pitstop and repair patches by Olaf Lehmann.

Additional features:
- Fixes a bug in brr's 60fps patches which prevents additional car graphics from loading in certain mods (i.e. Those selected from the dropdown menu on the Player Info screen)
- Fixes a bug in 1967 Historical Mod V2 and the 1955 F1 mod which prevents the player's engine from blowing when overrevved
- Works natively with both US and UK versions of the EXE

The patch has been extensively bug tested, but inevitably some people will have problems getting it to work. The Readme file includes a comprehensive set of FAQs which should resolve the vast majority of problems.

Please be sure to read the installation instructions carefully prior to installation.

DOWNLOAD ]

Enjoy!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
bs51

Post by bs51 »

Great effort and many thanks for this. Really appreciate that after all these years new ideas still being developed.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

bs51 wrote: 7 months ago Great effort and many thanks for this. Really appreciate that after all these years new ideas still being developed.
Thank you!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

andygpl
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: Honda
Favourite Driver: John Surtees
Favourite Circuit: Zandvoort

Post by andygpl »

Hello, PTRacer, I was really looking forward for the new version of the patch. Does it include the nonlinear dependence on distance as described there:viewtopic.php?t=17922&start=15#p447470?

I tried to test the 36 fps version, but no luck with my gpl.exe. No conflicting mods from your list are on but no green start button. I do not remember what patches I applied in the past (definitely gplshift) but something is interfering with your patch. I also tried an exe which I believe comes from GPL 2004 demo which I believe I used as a basis but no luck either. I do not have the CD available now, tomorrow I will try with the original exe.

Best regards, Ondrej

Edit: Found another exe, with it it works. GPL Shift is not the cause.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

@andygpl Thanks for your patience Ondrej!

Yes, all mods now use the non-linear formula (blue line on that graph).

Do you have a copy of the "broken" EXE? I'd like to troubleshoot it if possible. (No issue with GPLShift on my side either). Anyway, I'm glad you got it working :)

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

GPL Slipstream Patch has been updated to v3.1. The following changes have been made in the new version:

- Fixed a bug which prevented the green button from being displayed in World Championship mode
- Disabled World Championship and Single Player modes in the 60fps patches (the options redirect you to Training mode instead)

Thank you to andygpl for the bug report.

Please be sure to delete the v3.0 files prior to installation and follow the installation instructions again from scratch. In case anyone forgot to upgrade, v3.0 and v3.1 are fully compatible with each other online.

Download: https://gpladdons.the-fastlane.co.uk/ad ... quals~831)