MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

theracer120 wrote: 6 months ago There isn't enough cars in the race
Long gone are the days of cars snaking around Murray's Corner on the grid :(.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

The details on the two late DNFs. #18 did indeed run out of fuel and by the time they wanted to leave the pits after a splash the #97 has finished the race already so pitlane was closed.

#3 had the starter motor drop out so that was what caused the sparks and black flag.

https://www.supercars.com/news/winterbo ... st-lap-dnf
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bathurst 1080p HD Highlights.

For those that might have been unable to watch the race in its entirety or furreners who couldnt find a stream there is a good quality 'extended' (17 minute) highlights video of the race put up today.

(Click on the settings (gearwheel) in the bottom of the video to make sure the 1080p option is ticked in the 'Quality' section)

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Interesting time comparison of Full time drivers v Part timers.

Russell not too shabby.Based on Fastest 50% of Laps,
His 'fastest' was faster than SVG and most others. His average lap <0.2 off SVG and very close to Brodie.

Have not looked in detail so maybe other standouts within.

Edit: If you cant read that maybe the original is better

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Interesting to read today that SVG finished the race with the same gear lever bracket damage that the other two T888 entries suffered and led to their DNF's. His damage was just a crack and not actually a break that the other two suffered, so he was able to finish the race without the need for repair. Close run thing though, as it is said to have failed on the final lap of the race.. I guess that the brackets were not up to the job, perhaps too much of the bracket removed in a bid for weight saving. It has been a problem all year it now turns out, on all T8 works and customer cars and had been the subject of several upgrades through the year.
Van Gisbergen finished Bathurst 1000 with cracked gear lever riser

The Red Bull Ampol Racing Camaros looked on for a one-two in the Great Race until Broc Feeney’s gear lever mount broke with 25 laps to go.

That was the third such failure for a Triple Eight entry during the day, with the Supercheap Auto wildcard having already broken two of them.

Van Gisbergen’s Race Engineer, Andrew Edwards, has now revealed that Car #97 escaped with a cracked riser.
Edwards did admit on the Inside Supercars podcast that they were “seconds from disaster,” which they escaped thanks to careful management from the Kiwi.

He told the Inside Supercars podcast, “Initially, I wasn’t going to tell him but Jamie’s [Whincup, Team Principal] advice was, let him know because he could do something about it, which he was dead right in the end.

“So, we let him know and he just softened up the way he used the gear tower which obviously helped a lot.

“Because, two out of our three cars it happened to, [so] there’s no reason why it wasn’t going to happen to the third, because the other ones happened pretty close to each other so, lifing wise, they’ve all done similar things.

“So, you can expect it almost to happen to the third one, so that advice was good from Jamie, and Shane did drive differently from there with the lever for the rest of the race.”

On whether van Gisbergen’s mount cracked, Edwards confirmed, “That’s correct.

“It looks like it was on its way to do the same thing as the others, so I think the way he managed it there… we were seconds from disaster again.”

Gear lever mounts have been in the spotlight at various times this season, with multiple revisions to the spec.

It is understood that the enhanced leg protection left room for fewer mounting points (four instead of six) and hence more load through each point.

Drivers were cracking the risers when the first season of Gen3 began in Newcastle, and each of PremiAir Racing’s Tim Slade and Tickford Racing’s Thomas Randle broke one completely at Wanneroo.

It subsequently became understood that PremiAir had not in fact installed the first revision of the spec at that point but a further beefed-up version came in time for the following event at Symmons Plains anyway, although Andrew Edwards indicated that Triple Eight’s cars were not on that spec at Bathurst

“I think there’s been a couple of updates since Tim’s failure and maybe I think we’re still on revision one of that, so there’s probably some things we need to look at there,” said Edwards.

“But, we’ll review that when we get home; what the issue is and how to make it more bulletproof.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/10/12/va ... ver-riser/