How to watch a rally?

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

How to watch a rally?

Post by PTRACER »

WRC is coming to Japan in November. They have tickets on sale for the special stages in the stadium but no information about how to watch the regular stages. Are you supposed to just venture several kilometres into the forest by yourself? I'm not even sure where the stages are...
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

No clue, but I get my stage maps from here for what it's worth. The next round, Rally Chile, has its stages already in the database. I guess for Rally Japan it should appear before the event too, from there its just follow the herd I guess.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 7 months ago No clue, but I get my stage maps from here for what it's worth. The next round, Rally Chile, has its stages already in the database. I guess for Rally Japan it should appear before the event too, from there its just follow the herd I guess.
Thanks! I checked last year's Rally Japan maps, the stages are in the same part of Japan as this year's rally. Looks like I will need my car and a warm jacket though, they are deep in the countryside.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records