New track - Blandford Camp - 10.08.2023

Discussion and releases for the 1998 racing simulation by Sierra/Papyrus
ROOKIE4EVER

New track - Blandford Camp - 10.08.2023

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

A great track by Pete Bennett.

My today's test : 11.08.2023

-Layout : 4.5/5. Very exciting. Hard to give a definitive advice with my usual test (15 minutes of practice and a short novice run, here 7 laps) but, as I get to know it better, it will probably become addictive. The layout already suggested it but the hilly aspect adds to the pleasure. I didn't adored Ingliston, driving with 3 pedals and right-foot braking, it's not the kind of track that suits me well, but I got a big slap with Boreham. One of my favorite flat track. You can bet that Blandford's elevations will make me love it even more. Really great for a first contact.

-Graphics : 4.5/5. It's hard to beat this, even if I reserve the top mark for longer tracks. The dat is huge, and this is confirmed when you have the track in front of your eyes : here it's perfect, because there's a lot of life around the track. Even the birds are watching the race despite the engines' noises.

-Difficulty : 2.5/5. Easy to medium. The layout is simple, but the elevations make all the difference, so don't get too carried away. Quite a few blind spots, then, and if the margin for progress doesn't seems huge, there's surely a bit of time to be gained by turning again and again.

-Elevations : 2.5/3. medium to high. Just right for a track of this length.

-Clearances : There are a few everywhere, so the track will be perfect for online races. For that the choice to have widened the track compared to reality is very judicious for the pleasure of driving and it's also valid against AIs. But beware : there are also barriers, poles, trees and houses, so don't tempt the devil and get out "in the right place".

-Overall score : 9/10. Not far from perfection for this kind of track. Like Boreham, I'd put it in my championship (in 2024 if it happens).

-AI : work perfectly. Well tuned for an average driver like me. No kamikaze behavior at the start.

-Reverse : dnalb - not tested yet.

Blandford Camp (bland) - track.ini : 3.13 miles / racecon : 5054.00 meters - 76 segments / dat : 115 mo - 617/387 :

https://www.gpl67.org/blandford-camp
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Great! Thanks for the video!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records