AlphaTauri to be re-named in 2024,

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

AlphaTauri to be re-named in 2024,

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

AlphaTauri to be rebranded in F1 2024, says Marko

It wasnt too long ago when rumours were in the air that Alpha Tauri might be sold off after the death of Mateschitz, but those thoughts reduced when it was announced Franz Tost was retiring from the TP role he had held since Minardi became Toro Rosso back in 2006 and Laurent Mekies was confirmed as his successor.

However the AlphaTauri name is sett o be discarded with the team to be renamed for the 2024 Formula 1 season, as part of the team’s ongoing restructure under new Red Bull management, according to Helmut Marko. No news yet on what the new name might be beyond confirmation the team will have closer ties to Red Bull, to the extent that much of its opertion will move from Faenza to the UK.
AlphaTauri is in-line for a management restructure as long-serving team boss Franz Tost will step aside at the end of the campaign to be replaced by respected Ferrari racing director Laurent Mekies.

Marko has now said that this extensive overhaul will extend to the AlphaTauri name. Speaking to Austria’s Kleine Zeitung, the 80-year-old explained: “AlphaTauri will have two new leaders in Laurent Mekies and Peter Bayer [the outgoing FIA general secretary] from 2024.

“There will be new sponsors and also a new name. The orientation is clear: based on Red Bull Racing, as far as the regulations allow. Do-it-yourself constructions are the wrong way.”

The future of the Faenza team was the subject of considerable speculation at the start of the year.

This followed the late-2022 death of Red Bull co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz and the installation of a new company leadership structure while AlphaTauri struggled with its adaption to the ground-effect rules.

Last month, however, Red Bull motorsport advisor Marko confirmed that a decision had been made to retain AlphaTauri - which sits bottom of the constructors' standings - but that the main hub of the operation would move to the UK.

This will allow the team to build around its aerodynamics outpost at Bicester and allow for greater collaboration with reigning constructors’ champion Red Bull to improve form and save money.

Marko said of the grand prix team that won the 2008 and 2020 Italian Grands Prix: "The decision has been made. AlphaTauri will remain fully owned by Red Bull and will continue to be run as a junior team.

"The cooperation with Red Bull Racing will be closer, also in terms of cost cap and synergies."

AlphaTauri formerly ran under the Toro Rosso moniker between 2006 and 2019. Its rebrand was seen as a way to boost the awareness of Red Bull's fashion division AlphaTauri.

But questions were raised internally by new Red Bull CEO Oliver Mintzlaff about the limited impact that the F1 operation has had in increasing brand exposure.

Ahead of a rename, there remains uncertainty surrounding the immediate future of the driver line-up. F1 rookie Nyck de Vries is under pressure to keep his seat heading into the European leg of the calendar after a string of crashes.

The Formula E and FIA F2 champion has finished behind team-mate Yuki Tsunoda in six of the eight GPs held so far this season.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/alpha ... /10488684/

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

RB should be forced to sell Minardi and keep ownership only of one team (as everyone else have). Just to keep things fair. That constant medlling into team's affairs raises all kind of questions no one is (publicly) asking. If RB needs a partner, do it as everyone else. Supply your powertrain or whatever, but that's where it should end.
Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

I walked into the Alpha Tauri store the other day when I was in Vienna. Unfortunately plastering Yuki’s face (as nice as he may be) as a fashion icon does not make sense and frankly I don’t like what they sell.

I suppose enough time has now passed for people to stop hating RBR for raping Minardi and for feeling only half compensated by keeping the base at Faenza. We’re all happy to let it go now. Cheers.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: British Touring Car Championship
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton

Post by Nononsensecapeesh »

What again?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Torro Tosso > Alpha Tauri > ??? ..... try Racing Bulls. :rolleyes:

It seems we now have news on the new name for Alpha Tauri in 2024 onwards, thanks to some investigative journalism.

I have read of rumours of it being Racing Bulls, but now those rumours look like being close to the mark with something official that is more than a hint..

Of course we will know for sure on December 12th, the date the FIA are announcing the official entrants for the 2024 season. (The same day we will know what name Sauber will be entered under, with Sauber confirming this week they do have a new naming rights sponsor in place.

The investigative journalism I mentioned has uncovered some fairly good reasoning..... like the filing of a trademark application for the term ‘Racing Bulls’ on June 29, which was registered on August 14.

In the last week, a Racing Bulls logo has been registered, following an application submitted on September 13.

The new logo is bit of a Toro Rosso lookalike, with the car featuring a large single bull on its airbox (though STR did adopt the dual bulls in front of a sun for its team branding). In fact here is the logo that has been registered.:

Based on the trademark submission, the colours remain deep blue and white, in keeping with Scuderia AlphaTauri’s current scheme.

I think it is a fairly average name to be honest. I reckon there was nothing wrong with STR, or Scuderia Toro Rosso as it was originally renamed from the old Minardi when RB bought the team.
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

What would the team IT department be called?

Racing Bulls*IT?
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Wow, I'm..... underwhelmed by the new name I have to admit.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Okay I found my answer. Alpha Tauri will become Racing Bulls. Got it.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PTRACER wrote: 5 months ago Okay I found my answer. Alpha Tauri will become Racing Bulls. Got it.
Sorry.... I didnt update the thread title 'cos technically it hasnt been officially confirmed yet by RB/AT.... but it appears that it will be from the things we do know like trademark registrations made recently etc.. Was going to update it when its official and confirmed

I guess they want to announce it to coincide with the FIA 2024 F1 Team entry list release on December 12th.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Word seems to be in the paddock that the team formerly known as Alpha Tauri will be formally known in 2024 is going to be
Visa CashApp Racing Bulls.

Actually this is quite a good article explaining the new position of the team and its new objectives of not being seen as the Red Bull Junior team.

There is a bit of blah blah at the start which is a rehash of what we know, namely the registration of Racing Bulls and a logo last year. I have left that out as its irrelevant as it has yet to happen. Interesting that the team is now one of only two not to have a launch date.... :suspicious:
..... the registration of Racing Bulls trademarks last year.

That included not only the name but a logo.

However, the rebrand has not yet occurred and officially the team is known as AlphaTauri RB.

It is a subtle change to last year courtesy of the the addition of ‘RB', which many have taken as an indication of the intended new identity.

Furthering that is the revelation a new web address has been registered.

Last July, the RacingBulls.com domain was registered, while earlier this month VisaCashAppRB.com was purchased, too.

It is thought the team's formal name will be Visa CashApp Racing Bulls.

While the precise owner of the domain has been masked by the use of an agency, it is the same company that registers RedBullRacing.com.

That organisation bills itself as a domain management service for “exceptional brands”.

The desire to change the AlphaTauri team name for the coming season stems from something of a repositioning of the AlphaTauri team.

To date, it has been largely a junior operation and used as a finishing school for prospective Red Bull drivers.

Max Verstappen, Daniel Ricciardo, Alex Albon, Carlos Sainz and more have progressed through the team in their formative years.

Going forward, the concept is to have the operation compete in its own right – working in concert with Red Bull Racing where it can but looking to achieve genuine results on track rather than being satisfied simply developing the next generation.

The rebrand is also a tenuous acknowledgement that the promotion of the Red Bull fashion brand AlphaTauri has not delivered results and further highlights the team's repositioning within Red Bull's priorities, with the squad having to secure commercial backing.

A double-barrelled commercial name has been touted for some time, with Visa and CashApp being long-rumoured partners.

Therefore, the domain name registration can be taken as further evidence of the pending rebranding of AlphaTauri RB to Racing Bulls
https://speedcafe.com/further-clues-to- ... me-change/

Maybe Brown is so anti the AT team and its status is because they seem to have snagged Visa as a naming rights sponsor and he missed out. :haha:

Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Well they've done it, the official new name is Visa Cash App RB, to be known as RB.

When Alpha Romeo went for their new name and thought they had the most stupid one out there, Alpha Tauri were like, hold my beer.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Star wrote: 3 months ago to be known as RB.
Not to be confused with RBR, or RB for short.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

MonteCristo wrote: 3 months ago
Star wrote: 3 months ago to be known as RB.
Not to be confused with RBR, or RB for short.
And not to ever be used in connection with the word "Juniors" or "Junior Team". :suspicious: :nah:

I actually liked the Toro Rosso name and wish they had never changed it.
As least if they had a fail you could call them the Roaring Tossas... it had a ring to it.

Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

I'll continue calling it Alpha.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It gets more complex ..... Although not mentioned in today’s announcement, the Faenza outfit is also using the VCARB acronym, and it’s understood that it might eventually be r as the type designation of the RB chassis, with a final decision yet to be taken.

So it seems like we or likely might see the launch of the car at Las Vegas on Feb 7th as the VCARB 1. (The other RB will be known as the RB20.)