Rate the 2023 Bahrain GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.

Vote now! Please don't rate the race if you didn't watch it.

NO VOTE - I did not watch it
7%
No votes
No votes
7%
18%
29%
14%
4%
14%
4%
4%

Total votes: 28

Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I voted 7 but didn't explain why. I was bored after the first few laps, it seemed to be settling into a dull race, then it picked up considerably towards the end, especially after the VSC. I did so enjoy seeing Alonso giving it his all and passing cars which on paper should be faster than his. See that kind of action makes me want to watch it more, if only we got more of that kind of thing.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago I was tempted to switch off by lap 17. The cars seemed so slow, the TV direction was bad, and having to listen to Croft wasn't ideal either. 1 point for Fernando's exploits, so a two.
Apparently they were qualifying in the 1:27s in 2018. They are two seconds slower now.

The races only really seem to get more interesting towards the end when the fuel load burns off. They really need to do something to make these care lighter and more nimble.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I'd like to have them put a minimum mass on the survival cell and the driver + seat only. Leave the rest of the components up to the teams. I recon 300-400kg should be within reach, also plays into the sustainability messaging. Less weight, less energy required to move it and all that.
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Everest Sport

Post by Kai-Star »

6. Max dominated but Leclerc held off Perez for a while and Alonso was mega at the end. The gap between the teams is positive. Look forward to the season even though it looks like Red Bull winning every race.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve