Forums moved to https://forums.the-fastlane.co.uk

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Picci wrote: 1 year ago Just to let you know though, going to the main site i.e. the-fastlane.co.uk and then clicking on the button 'Forum' keeps giving the same error. Might be worth redirecting if possible.
Good shout. Just edited.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

PTRACER wrote: 1 year ago
hollie3sa wrote: 1 year ago The insta-logout problem seems to be solved for me as well. Great job, once again @PTRACER!

---

Now the only thing I gotta figure out is how to edit my 2nd Indexing Post in the CPdB Projects section. While I can apparently edit posts generally (as tested succesfully here, it seems like the CPdB one doesn't like to be manipulated because it sends me to this page:

I have not yet tested to see if editing that post in general/editing posts in that section is the problem. Or if it might be caused by what, in terms of text, I'm trying to edit. Will keep you updated :-)
That's really strange. I tried it and got the same thing. Then I tried again and the server's Antivirus software logo popped up.

All of these errors just seem to be related to the host's AV software. They keep blaming me and saying it's my code but this is a standard PHPBB3 forum, it happens on my GPL Addons site and also on a totally blank MyBB forum I created for test purposes.
I think I just found what caused the issue while 'cross-editing' two different posts.

It seems that the link 'https:// imgbb. com/' (which i had to type like this, bc otherwise it'd be blocked, duh) is what's getting blocked by the AV software. I used that website a while ago to upload some pictures. And the link that lead to the main website was accidentally 'hidden' in one of my posts.

E:\\ And there's possibly (at least) one more link that's getting blocked. Trying to find it atm.

E2:\\ Indeed, there was. And it was this: 'oestadodasartes.blogspot. ru' => the .ru domain. This, by the way, doesn't seem to be a problem with all .ru domains but only this specific one.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

hollie3sa wrote: 1 year ago
PTRACER wrote: 1 year ago
hollie3sa wrote: 1 year ago The insta-logout problem seems to be solved for me as well. Great job, once again @PTRACER!

---

Now the only thing I gotta figure out is how to edit my 2nd Indexing Post in the CPdB Projects section. While I can apparently edit posts generally (as tested succesfully here, it seems like the CPdB one doesn't like to be manipulated because it sends me to this page:

I have not yet tested to see if editing that post in general/editing posts in that section is the problem. Or if it might be caused by what, in terms of text, I'm trying to edit. Will keep you updated :-)
That's really strange. I tried it and got the same thing. Then I tried again and the server's Antivirus software logo popped up.

All of these errors just seem to be related to the host's AV software. They keep blaming me and saying it's my code but this is a standard PHPBB3 forum, it happens on my GPL Addons site and also on a totally blank MyBB forum I created for test purposes.
I think I just found what caused the issue while 'cross-editing' two different posts.

It seems that the link 'https:// imgbb. com/' (which i had to type like this, bc otherwise it'd be blocked, duh) is what's getting blocked by the AV software. I used that website a while ago to upload some pictures. And the link that lead to the main website was accidentally 'hidden' in one of my posts.

E:\\ And there's possibly (at least) one more link that's getting blocked. Trying to find it atm.

E2:\\ Indeed, there was. And it was this: 'oestadodasartes.blogspot. ru' => the .ru domain. This, by the way, doesn't seem to be a problem with all .ru domains but only this specific one.
You can solve the .ru issue by changing the TLD with another one (like .com).
It works with Blogspot only, though (because it's always the same website with any TLD).
Motorsportrace