FIA to start process for new teams to join F1

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I am not sure there will be a new Concorde Agreement. Lberty was quoted that they think they not need one. I am hopng they will change their mind.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Aty wrote: 2 months ago I am not sure there will be a new Concorde Agreement. Lberty was quoted that they think they not need one. I am hopng they will change their mind.
Yea, I don't know the legal documents that establish what FOM controls and what FIA controls. I always kind of thought that FIA controls who can race. Apparently not. FIA may have to move forcefully to reassert its authority. 2025 could be very interesting.
P. Cornelius Scipio
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve

Post by P. Cornelius Scipio »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 months ago I believe that the Concorde which covers all parties, FOM FIA and teams has to be signed for a team to be eligible to race. A team being within the Concorde is then classified as a legit entrant and can race within the guidelines (2 cars etc). I think the legal issue that Andretti can do is to challenge the ethics of the Concorde at the EU Council or whatever it is called. One of the issues is that the current Concorde expires at the end of 2025 with a new Concorde to be formulated for 2026 on.. The Concorde of course is what outlines who gets what of th pie. Whether the dilution fee is part of the Concorde I dont know. I imagine it is but have no idea whether it is in reality..
the Concorde Agreement governs the distribution of the revenues that the rights holder pays to the teams. The FIA is a public entity governed by French law so I don't understand how they could be a party to the Concorde Agreement unless all that is going on in pure legal terms is that they are formally made aware of the existence of the Agreement and of the contents (all or part) thereto. I haven't checked the (publily available) documents but the fact that the FIA gave their green light to Andretti irrespective of Liberty and the teams seems to corroborate this view, ie they operate on 2 different levels. Hence some suggest that Andretti could try either to challenge the decision taken by the teams (there is a certain breach of European Competition rules, if you guys remember the Corcorde Agreement had already given rise to some issues in this area of the law some years ago) or even turn up at the first race and see what happens. I am not a competition lawyer but I would argue that anyone could turn up at a race, certainly within the EU, and ask to take part based upon the FIA's rules. The problem would be commercial, in the sense that they wouldn't be covered by the Concorde Agreement and therefore would have problems in getting any money (start money and prize money are no longer formally separate from TV and other commercial rights). For this reason in the past the Corcorde Agreement was criticized by EU competition authorities. In a sense Andretti could turn up at the first race of 2026 (let's say at the first race within the EU), and either they are not allowed to race and they sue the promoters, Liberty, the teams and FIA for damages because they are barred from receving their fair share of the money or they could be allowed to race without receiving any start, prize or TV rights money and in turn sue the promoters, the teams and Liberty. As I said previously given the costs involved it would be madness even if Andretti had a very sound case as the timing for a binding judgment would be such that Andretti would go bankrupt. For this reason IMHO it's the FIA that has to take action against Liberty and the teams, either they stop disrupting competition or the FIA should threaten to take away the "world championship" status of F1 (I'm not talking about the trade mark that if I remember correctly belongs to Liberty, I'm talking of the world championship status awarded by the FIA, basically bankrupting F1). I'm sure that it won't happen, the FIA hasn't got any backbone, they will cave in to the teams
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

I do periodically check my spam folders: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... ff4f&ei=38
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

For adding new racing teams all 24 pits need to be reconfigured. Lead time for this work is probably more than a year. (Planning, approval, construction...) Andretti needs to apply gentle, respectable pressure, collaborate and not forcing it. Starting war would be a loosing proposition for him.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Aty wrote: 2 months ago For adding new racing teams all 24 pits need to be reconfigured. Lead time for this work is probably more than a year. (Planning, approval, construction...) Andretti needs to apply gentle, respectable pressure, collaborate and not forcing it. Starting war would be a loosing proposition for him.
Yet if Brad Pitt and his film making cronies need a pit garaage someone manages to pull one from some secret store. Obviously not all circuits are the same with space available so the (Brad) Pitt in the Pits think might have been for instance we cant do it at Monaco but we will give you a space at Silverstone or something like that. Obviously for a new team joining it needs to have space at ALL circuits so clearly some would need more work than others.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

I guess after reading fresh news, there is no point showing up at the race without invitation (come and race with us).
[T]he sport is limited to ten teams only, officially shutting the door on all new entries. Formula 1 couldn’t have been any more clear that the sport is now a private club for the ten current teams and the only way to get in is buying one of them.
Liberty clearly slammed a door shut for any new applicants as the 11th team.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/andretti ... -door.html
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

GENERAL MOTORS: CONFIDENT IN ANDRETTI CADILLAC APPLICATION, ASKING FOR MEETING WITH FOM
Cannot understand NO means NOT NOW? I thought planned review of his application in 2028 was more than reasonable. This is just another distraction I thought racing doesn't need. It was addressed, decided, and we need to move on. There is also lack of respect for the other teams. He may not like them, but they live together for about ten months every season. They meet in pits, etc. How you can co-exist like that if they don't want you? Shotgun marriage?
XcraigX
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

I completely agree with Eddie Jordan. The team should not be the body making the decision. Selfish and bad for the “sport” (if it even is a sport anymore).
https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1b ... alous-lm22
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

XcraigX wrote: 2 months ago I completely agree with Eddie Jordan. The team should not be the body making the decision. Selfish and bad for the “sport” (if it even is a sport anymore).
https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1b ... alous-lm22
I was never all that keen on Eddie Jordan, but he does make some excellent points here.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!