RIP Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

RIP Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Sad to read that Christine McVie has passed away aged 79.

Obviously have not heard so much of Fleetwood Mac lately but back in their heyday they were huge selling tens of millions of records in the late seventies. Rumours must be one of the biggest selling albums of all time. I know I bought it and still have it somewhere.

Christine was probably the one consistant thing in the band that was in the news for its in house battles and volatile personalities.... she was probably the least controversial of the lot.Through all the highs and lows of Fleetwood Mac she was always a strong, silent stabilizing force and kept it classy.

McVie herself had been married to bassist John McVie, and their break-up — along with the split of Nicks and Buckingham — was famously documented on the 1977 release Rumours, among the bestselling albums of all time.
So many good songs from that period, such classics as You Make Loving Fun, Go your own way, Everywhere, and Don’t Stop, and now I guess Yesterday's Gone would be appropriate.

Of course in Motor racing terms we all remember Fleetwood Mac for providing "The Chain", the the music to the BBC Grand Prix Show

RIP Christine McVie

She had a very pure voice, and this song she wrote shows it off.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Of course we won't forget she was also with Chicken Shack when she was still Miss Perfect.

Thanks for posting the vid of Songbird, one of my favourite Mac songs. A few years ago, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine published an album, simply called Buckingham-McVie (or vice versa, can't recall). I bought it, because I always considered those two to have made up at least 90 % of what made Mac great. It's good, but like all things we loved in our youth it's no longer the original, and it's not new either, so neither fish nor fowl I guess. But, in their time, Mac were gigantic!

RIP, Christine :rip:

Edited to say, of course I also have the Rumours album, and have had it since teenage years. Back in the day, I don't know of anybody who didn't have it at least on cassette (back then, it was a 'thing' to have your friends make copies of your latest records on music cassettes as a means to save pocket money for more purchases, and a collectively bigger collection of records).
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.