STAKE F1 TEAM KICK SAUBER

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Friends?

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Valtteri Bottas (Car 77): “Today was a bit more challenging as the red flag cost us quite some running time. Ending the session with some precautionary checks resulted in a few missed test items and laps, but we still managed to get through our planned priorities. We were able to learn more about the C44 and we feel reasonably prepared for next week’s race. It’s still quite difficult to evaluate the true performance and the competitive field, but we are confident in the data we collected. Now, it’s all about analysing, learning and improving ahead of the race weekend.”

Zhou Guanyu (Car 24): “We had another good day where we focused a lot on our long runs and managed to complete a second full race distance. We got through our programme and experimented with various setups and configurations to draw our conclusions. It’s challenging to evaluate the full potential, especially with a completely new car, and we’ll continue working and making strides over the next few days to be ready for the upcoming weekend. However, the true performance and how we rank compared to the other teams is yet to be seen until the first qualifying and race. We feel good and will use the remaining days to learn and find margins for improvement.”
Sauber
So, is there some hope it will be better this year a peg or two?
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Ferrari power unit technical director Enrico Gualtieri has said that Formula 1’s new engine manufacturers will face a ‘huge challenge’ preparing for the sport’s new regulations set to come into force in 2026.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/02/ ... 26-engine/

Lets hope this is not going to turn into a disaster.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Aty wrote: 2 months ago
Ferrari power unit technical director Enrico Gualtieri has said that Formula 1’s new engine manufacturers will face a ‘huge challenge’ preparing for the sport’s new regulations set to come into force in 2026.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/02/ ... 26-engine/

Lets hope this is not going to turn into a disaster.
The fuel providers are also facing a major challenge given the requirement for 2026 to be for fully sustainable fuels

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

How are they defining sustainable?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Michkov wrote: 2 months ago How are they defining sustainable?
We have a thread on fuel stuff and the move to sustainable here: viewtopic.php?t=17476#p436366

It hasnt been updated for a while (several months but it goes into a lot of the detail from what is the process, the pitfalls and why it isnt happening until 2026. (Basically the teams / fuel suppliers have invested hundreds of millions in developing fuel to meet what we have today and its not feasible to adapt the current engines to being more sustainability fuelled when we have the new engine regs coming for 2026) I am sure that there is later info on line that hasnt made it into the thread because "its in the future".
Currently F1 uses E10 fuel, which contains 10 percent renewable ethanol. Of course the new enginr regs call for more electrical power

I will try and find some more recent info to ty and update the thread rather than get into fuel stuff in this thread if that makes sense.

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

This "KICK SAUBER" thing appearing everywhere when there is a reference to the team is really unfortunate.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Boys, we have long way to go before we see back of Max Verstappen.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Aty wrote: 1 month ago Boys, we have long way to go before we see back of Max Verstappen.
I think all any the drivers will see is the back of Max Verstappen

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

AAB (Alessandro Alunni Bravi) thinks they are in P6 on the grid as a team in racing conditions. It will be good if he can say the same later in the season; September would be good timing. I am not sure if Zhou had a good opening race, or his rivals had a lot of bad luck. Numbers say - good job, man.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

I'm gonna sue them for offences against my eyes
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

D/T 2024-03-07 11:55 (CET)
Audi really is taking over 100 percent of the Sauber team
https://www.grandprix.com/news/audi-alr ... owner.html
Additionally, Audi Sport technical chief Oliver Hoffmann is now officially on the board of directors at Sauber, memorialised on the Swiss commercial register.
Oliver was little in deep watter over his output, but...
https://europe.autonews.com/move/audi-t ... ormula-one

Unconfirmed news, but I am in love again. Now guys, who is driving for you?
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

I've been having a think about Sauber-Audi... Saudi? No, that doesn't work... anyway, but to my actual point.

Are Sauber in a worse position than Honda > Brawn? No, not in my view. So, could they do a Brawn given that there is a new ruleset coming in and it could end up that we see an engine formula as we did in 2014 when the Merc engine was simply so far clear that the best chassis on the grid couldn't compete.

Sure it's unlikely given the experience that Mercedes and Ferrari have of the existing engine architecture, but it's still a possibility.

We may also see a totally undeserving champion if they're unable to attract a top name - would anybody say Bottas deserves to retire as a world champion based on his talent? No, only a Merc fan who loves him for being Lewis' lapdog would say he is. He's clearly not at the level of the top world champions.

I hope they attract a top talent.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Contract extension for either Sauber driver is not guarantee after AAB has confirmed, the team is evaluating their options for next season. Names like Carlos, Nico, and Alex are mentioned as potential candidates.

AAB also made an interesting comment, which reflects his polite and silent critique of his current drivers. He said, paraphrasing, I am old school, and I belive that a driver must make difference.

Whilst a car needs many more improvements to move forward in a such tight mid-field, at the same time his data probably shows that drivers are not reaching current car potential. This is not something chief will appreciate.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Confirmed: D/T 2024-03-08 15:42 (CET)
German manufacturer Audi have moved to accelerate and expand their commitment to Formula 1 by choosing to take a 100% stake in Swiss operation Sauber, ahead of their arrival in the sport in 2026.

In 2022, Audi – part of the Volkswagen Group – announced they would join F1 as a power unit supplier when sweeping new regulations that feature increased electrical power and 100% sustainable fuels will be introduced in two years’ time.
Audi say Seidl will oversee the running of the Formula 1 project and act as the “face of the future Audi Formula 1 Team”.
:twothumbs:
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

We still need confirmation whether AAB stays on as TP. Second point, I am not sure whether Andreas will continue with his top job with Sauber. Lastly - drivers. Can¨t wait.