Rare and Unraced Motor Racing Liveries

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: British Touring Car Championship
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton

Post by Nononsensecapeesh »

Bottom post of the previous page:

erwin greven wrote: 11 months ago
Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 11 months ago Image
Presenting the Le Mans 2023 edition of the Peugeot 9X8!
Pretty obvious it is rare and unraced. It still has to race for the first time.
Well "art-car" liveries aren't exactly renowned for lasting very long even if they are actually raced after all.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

At least it will be recognisable on track. Actually I quite like it....

.....better than the Porsche LM liveries pictured below, although I dont actually dislike them

What the Porsche pressroom says about them.
Porsche Penske Motorsport sends three 963 with a special livery to Le Mans

The three Porsche 963 fielded by Porsche Penske Motorsport at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans will be decked out in a distinctive design. However, the fundamental look of the 963 will stay the same. The colourful designs were unveiled today (Friday, 28 April) as part of the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC race weekend in Belgium.

On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Porsche brand, the No. 75 vehicle will tackle the Hypercar class at the 100th anniversary of the 24-hour race as an additional entry from the Stuttgart sports car manufacturer.

Porsche presents its three LMDh hybrid prototypes at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans sporting an exclusive design. Fifteen stripes in seven different colours, which flow from the front and flare out at the rear of the Porsche 963, represent the core design element. To differentiate between the three racing cars, fins on each engine hood have different colours: black for the No. 5 car, white for the No. 6 and red for the third No. 75 Le Mans racer. Porsche unveiled the special foil wrap on the eve of the Le Mans dress rehearsal at the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC at Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 11 months ago At least it will be recognisable on track. Actually I quite like it....

.....better than the Porsche LM liveries pictured below, although I dont actually dislike them
Rather like both of them.

Regardless, as you say, they'd be recognisable. The WEC grid is stacked with red/black/white cars at the moment. Anything different stands out.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 11 months ago
The problem might be with differentiating between the 3 Porsches. They all look quite similar, with the exception of a different colour tail fin..... from the front the #75, #5 and #6 all look very similar. Could be difficult even for the crews recognising which car is which at night entering pitlane. Especially if under an SC when perhaps 2 or even 3 of them arrive in convoy :idunno:

Oh I just spotted they have different colour mirrors. Hmmm that should be easy to pick at night. :sarcasm: :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 11 months ago At least it will be recognisable on track. Actually I quite like it....

What the Porsche pressroom says about them.
Porsche Penske Motorsport sends three 963 with a special livery to Le Mans

The three Porsche 963 fielded by Porsche Penske Motorsport at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans will be decked out in a distinctive design. However, the fundamental look of the 963 will stay the same. The colourful designs were unveiled today (Friday, 28 April) as part of the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC race weekend in Belgium.

On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Porsche brand, the No. 75 vehicle will tackle the Hypercar class at the 100th anniversary of the 24-hour race as an additional entry from the Stuttgart sports car manufacturer.

Porsche presents its three LMDh hybrid prototypes at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans sporting an exclusive design. Fifteen stripes in seven different colours, which flow from the front and flare out at the rear of the Porsche 963, represent the core design element. To differentiate between the three racing cars, fins on each engine hood have different colours: black for the No. 5 car, white for the No. 6 and red for the third No. 75 Le Mans racer. Porsche unveiled the special foil wrap on the eve of the Le Mans dress rehearsal at the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC at Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium.

So Peugeot has a mohican and Porsche has a rainbow shark.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Audi in the 2021 Spa 24 Hours.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

James Kaye driving a Honda Integra Type-R at Knockhill in the 2000 British Touring Car Championship. This is rare because he usually drove a predominantly white Honda Accord that year.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

After Joe Nemechek failed to qualify for the 1997 Daytona 500 driving Felix Sabates #42, the team bought out Phil Barkdoll's car so they'd make the race. Nemechek started at the back due to the driver change and would finish 28th after being involved in a crash with 4 laps remaining.

Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

acerogers58 wrote: 1 year ago Journeyman driver Mike McLaughlin was set for a career resurgence in 2003, He signed for a brand new team, called "Angela's Motorsports" which leased equipment from Robert Yates Racing and planned to run the full NASCAR Busch series schedule. The team looked great, setting the fastest time at Daytona winter testing. However, as the saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". When it was time to make the first payment to Yates for the equipment, the cheque immediately bounced, prompting Yates to repossess his equipment. Before Speedweeks rolled around, the team completely shutdown and all employees were fired. McLaughlin gave all employees two weeks pay out of his own pocket but his racing career was effectively over.

A more in depth look at the scam that was Angelas Motorsports

The image seems to have vanished.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 11 months ago
acerogers58 wrote: 1 year ago Journeyman driver Mike McLaughlin was set for a career resurgence in 2003, He signed for a brand new team, called "Angela's Motorsports" which leased equipment from Robert Yates Racing and planned to run the full NASCAR Busch series schedule. The team looked great, setting the fastest time at Daytona winter testing. However, as the saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". When it was time to make the first payment to Yates for the equipment, the cheque immediately bounced, prompting Yates to repossess his equipment. Before Speedweeks rolled around, the team completely shutdown and all employees were fired. McLaughlin gave all employees two weeks pay out of his own pocket but his racing career was effectively over.

Should be fixed now, no idea why it disappeared, the article I took the photo from is still up.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

acerogers58 wrote: 11 months ago

Should be fixed now, no idea why it disappeared, the article I took the photo from is still up.
I know, that's what puzzled me.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Fixed
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

McLaren's 2023 Triple Crown liveries.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Hit around the head repeatedly with the fugly stick.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

MonteCristo wrote: 11 months ago
I like it.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

MonteCristo wrote: 11 months ago
I like it.
me too.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."