New GPL Addons Site

Discussion and releases for the 1998 racing simulation by Sierra/Papyrus
ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hi Paul.

It seems that there is no Enna Pergusa.

For Sviestad it is in the L. It might be better in the S ?

Greetings. :mrgreen:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

ROOKIE4EVER wrote: 1 year ago Hi Paul.

It seems that there is no Enna Pergusa.

For Sviestad it is in the L. It might be better in the S ?

Greetings. :mrgreen:
Hey R4E, sorry I never replied to this. I have now uploaded Enna (no idea how I missed it!). I'm happy for Sviestad to be under L since the circuit name is also "Linköpings Motorstadion" :thumbsup:

Currently webfoot is in the process of organising/sending his entire archive. I have been working a lot on website both on Thursday and all day today to accommodate these extra 5000 or so files. I'm going to have a big job adding them to the database that's for sure.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

Hello Paul. :smiley:
Great progress with the addon search panel. Incredible. :thumbsup:
You'll have to tell me how to help you by uploading some missing files. Example : Tomioka, the "bapom-tomioka.zip".
You could give me the process via my mail as you have it since few days.
Greetings.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

ROOKIE4EVER wrote: 1 year ago Hello Paul. :smiley:
Great progress with the addon search panel. Incredible. :thumbsup:
You'll have to tell me how to help you by uploading some missing files. Example : Tomioka, the "bapom-tomioka.zip".
You could give me the process via my mail as you have it since few days.
Greetings.
Hey R4E, sure I can do that :thumbsup: Actually 50% of webfoot's track addons are uploaded to the database now (1,565 files). I really could use some help with assigning each record to the correct circuit. If you or anyone you know can help with that, it would be really appreciated!

After that we can start uploading anything that is missing.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

Hi Paul. :wink:

Great news to see so many files available now. :thumbsup:

As I test a track each day, what I can propose you is to check what I have and what you propose with the help of Webfoot for each track. That way, for each track, we will be sure to have everything.

Moreover, I can propose you the "perfect mix" as I check each time which are the most recent or the most complete addons and I complete it, if needed, a recent addon with an older one that would propose elements not included in the new one. I'll do this little by little, of course.

Let me know if it's ok for you.
:smiley:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

ROOKIE4EVER wrote: 1 year ago Hi Paul. :wink:

Great news to see so many files available now. :thumbsup:

As I test a track each day, what I can propose you is to check what I have and what you propose with the help of Webfoot for each track. That way, for each track, we will be sure to have everything.

Moreover, I can propose you the "perfect mix" as I check each time which are the most recent or the most complete addons and I complete it, if needed, a recent addon with an older one that would propose elements not included in the new one. I'll do this little by little, of course.

Let me know if it's ok for you.
:smiley:
That sounds good. Perhaps I can add a section to the Track Database for "Recommended Addons" or something similar? I've been in contact with eagle3555 and he has discovered certain circuits in the database don't work at all (CTD, or Could Not Load Track error). The only fix is to install the updates from webfoot's archive.

But first I really want to fix the data I have uploaded so people can search it. I'm not able to do this totally by myself.

ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

It's ok for me, it's in the spirit of what I offer to my readers of the French-speaking community.

As soon as the addons listed by Webfoot will have been uploaded, I could start to make the verifications, propose you the eventual missing files and feed this section with recommended addons.

I already have enough to do that for the first 260 tracks released (those released from 1999 to the end of 2002) as I tested them in detail. If all goes well I should have reached 300 by the end of April.
:mrgreen:
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

A top X category would serve the purpose quite well. If you base it on number of downloads you wouldn't have to worry about updating it either.
PTRACER wrote: 1 year ago But first I really want to fix the data I have uploaded so people can search it. I'm not able to do this totally by myself.
What's needed there. I already got access to the DB, if you tell me what's needed I could put some hours in while watching the Grand Prixs.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

ROOKIE4EVER wrote: 1 year agoAs soon as the addons listed by Webfoot will have been uploaded, I could start to make the verifications, propose you the eventual missing files and feed this section with recommended addons.

I already have enough to do that for the first 260 tracks released (those released from 1999 to the end of 2002) as I tested them in detail. If all goes well I should have reached 300 by the end of April.
:mrgreen:
That sounds good R4E! That sounds like a helluva big project you are working on there :shocked: Let's collaborate on that later on!
Michkov wrote: 1 year ago A top X category would serve the purpose quite well. If you base it on number of downloads you wouldn't have to worry about updating it either.
I would need to find a way of counting downloads first, it's a little complicated based on my current site design. I'll add it to the list of things to do later.
Michkov wrote: 1 year ago
PTRACER wrote: 1 year ago But first I really want to fix the data I have uploaded so people can search it. I'm not able to do this totally by myself.
What's needed there. I already got access to the DB, if you tell me what's needed I could put some hours in while watching the Grand Prixs.
If you could help out, that would be great!!

The problem: There are four circuits which start with the word "Le" --> Le Mans Sarthe, Bugatti, Sarthe Nite and Le Mas Du Clos. Because of the simplistic way I imported the data, all addons for these four circuits are currently assigned to Le Mas Du Clos. Same with Adelaide. There are two Adelaides, and everything is assigned to Adelaide 2002, but some addons might be for Adelaide 1967. Circuits which have unique names like Lydden Hill don't have the issue.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

The quickest way to distinguish between tracks I can think of is by track folder name. Those have to be unique in GPL and the tracks at least have the property already. It's going to be some work to add property to the track addons, but once done I imagine you could link them using that.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago The quickest way to distinguish between tracks I can think of is by track folder name. Those have to be unique in GPL and the tracks at least have the property already. It's going to be some work to add property to the track addons, but once done I imagine you could link them using that.
That's not at all a problem. Currently the addons are linked to TrackID and the Track Name is being displayed. A few clicks and I can display the track folder name in the dropdown instead.

webfoot

Post by webfoot »

ROOKIE4EVER wrote: 1 year ago As soon as the addons listed by Webfoot will have been uploaded, I could start to make the verifications, propose you the eventual missing files and feed this section with recommended addons.

I too would be interested in seeing all your track recommended build instructions. Very useful when rebuilding/revisiting a track.

Looks like Paul will put me out of a job for giving you any missing updates :smiley:

Paul,
For any corrupt track installs, using my archived version should be ok. I have used them to install and drive every track.
ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

webfoot wrote: 1 year ago I too would be interested in seeing all your track recommended build instructions. Very useful when rebuilding/revisiting a track.
Hello Webfoot.

Most importants tracks will have a full page. The others will have a very complete summary but a little less detailed, obviously.
You can see what it looks like for Bremgarten (done in 2014, updated in 2023) here :
https://www.grandprixlegends.fr/bremgarten-21112014

You can also see Milwaukee, for example, on the M page :
https://www.grandprixlegends.fr/le-dico-des-circuits-m

In the left corner of the pages you have a button to get an immediate translation if you want.

For the moment I have only made or updated/completed 68 articles/tracks. Testing a track in both directions takes me an hour but choosing the addons before and especially making the article after obviously takes much more time. That's why I'm focusing for the moment on the test itself. The articles will come afterwards according to the time I can spend on them.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

webfoot wrote: 1 year ago Paul,
For any corrupt track installs, using my archived version should be ok. I have used them to install and drive every track.
Nice to see you here Richard. Will give that a go, thanks :thumbsup:

kartm
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: jackie Stewart
Favourite Circuit: rouen

Post by kartm »

hi id like to contribute i have some 1968 Formula 2 updates , who were at SRMZ only ,and is there a section to group them together with the main carset