2022 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Not sure about this one, but hey I wont prejudge it.....

MotoGP’s Amazon Series: What it’s called, release date and more

long-awaited Amazon Prime Video docuseries will release this year as the two-wheeled series hopes to reap the same rewards Drive To Survive has given Formula 1.

The series was first announced last year, with camera crews spotted at the Qatar Grand Prix season-opener following the paddock around.

Like Netflix’s Drive To Survive, MotoGP’s docuseries will offer fans unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to the biggest names in the series and chart their 2021 seasons.

Here is everything we know so far about the Amazon series.
What’s it called?

The new Amazon Prime Series will be called MotoGP: Unlimited.

Dorna Sports, the commercial rights holder of MotoGP, announced the name of the series last week during a press call for its upcoming premier.

Who is making it and how many episodes?

MotoGP: Unlimited has been made by MediaPro, a Spanish production company, with over 50 film credits to its name.

The firm’s productions have netted it two Oscars and two Golden Globes.

MediaPro’s portfolio also extends to television, including The New Pope starring Jude Law, and award-winning advertisements recognised at the Cannes Film Festival.

MotoGP: Unlimited will consist of eight episodes at 50 minutes in length.

Who will appear in MotoGP: Unlimited?

It is unclear at this stage who MotoGP: Unlimited will focus on, but Fabio Quartararo’s ride to the world championship in 2021 and Marc Marquez’s return from injury will likely be covered.

The poster released for it also includes Maverick Vinales, Joan Mir, Francesco Bagnaia and Jack Miller, suggesting they will feature prominently.

It is understood the series has been shown to teams and riders for feedback, but they – along with Dorna Sports – have been kept away from creative decisions.

Have there been any other MotoGP documentaries?

While this is the first Drive To Survive-style docuseries produced about MotoGP, the championship has been given the documentary treatment in the past.

British director Mark Neale made a series of films focusing on MotoGP this century, starting with 2003's Faster. He made a follow-up in 2004 entitled Faster and Faster, which focused on the 2003 and 2004 seasons. In 2006 he released The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid about Valentino Rossi, Colin Edwards and Nicky Hayden during the 2006 campaign.

In 2011 he released a follow-up to Faster and Faster called Fastest, which centred on the rivalry between Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo, and events of the 2010 season. In 2015 Hitting the Apex, produced and narrated by Brad Pitt, was released, which focused on the early years of MotoGP in the 2010s.

That remains the last feature-length documentary centred on MotoGP released to a worldwide audience.

When will MotoGP: Unlimited release?

MotoGP: Unlimited will have its premier in Madrid on 16 February and Paris on 17 February, where two episodes will be shown and a press conference held at the former premier.

Though no official release date has been given for the series, Amazon Help in Spain appeared to have accidentally leaked a release date of 14 March – which is one week after the 2022 season begins in Qatar.

How can I watch MotoGP: Unlimited

MotoGP: Unlimited will be available to stream on Amazon Prime Video.

A subscription to Amazon Prime Video is available for £7.99 a month in the UK, or £79 for the whole year – which includes unlimited free and next-day delivery on items purchased on Amazon.

Amazon Prime Video can be accessed on laptop, mobile and tablet devices, as well as smart TVs through Amazon Prime Video's website and its app.
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/m ... e/8193520/

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Wow, had no idea this was in the works. Looking forward to it.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

While Indycar tries to do the same.

Wait for the formula to be exhausted in 3... 2...
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago While Indycar tries to do the same.

Wait for the formula to be exhausted in 3... 2...
True, don't think all these copies will pan out quite as successfully as Drive to Survive...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

SBan83 wrote: 2 years ago Wow, had no idea this was in the works. Looking forward to it.
Not long to wait.....

Amazon’s MotoGP Unlimited series gets official release date

The debut season of Amazon Prime’s new MotoGP docuseries Unlimited will premiere on the shopping giant’s video platform on 14 March after its first trailer was revealed on Wednesday

The trailer.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Is every sport making these now?
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Bagnaia signs new Ducati deal

Francesco Bagnaia will remain at the Ducati Lenovo Team until at least the end of the 2024 season after inking a contract extension.

Bags was the form rider of the back end of last season, winning four of the final six grands prix to secure overall runner-up status so no surprise Ducati wanted to hang on to him.

Its one less seat for the out of contract at season end Mir and Quartararo to have their eyes on.... though I cant see Miller, also out of contract at year end, hanging on to his Ducati seat unless some miraculous turnaround happens. So one works Ducati seat is definitely up for grabs for '23.

Especially when Miller has someone like Bags as a yardstick to be compared against. :wink:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

OK the wait is almost over......

The 73rd year of the grand prix motorcycle world championship season begins on 6 March. Thats this weekend!
:smiley:

It started in 1949 at the Isle of Man TT and has run every year since. :bow: Yes there have been changes but it still focuses on the three classes, premier class, intermediate class and lightweight class. (Yes there used to be the ultra light 50 cc and the then fashionable 350cc class but .... semantics and all that. Time has moved on. In essence we now have MotoGP (formerly the 500cc world championship) coming into existence in 2002, Moto2 (formerly the 250cc world championship) in 2010 and Moto3 (formerly the 125cc world championship) in 2012.

We will have 3 former Champions on the Moto GP grid this year, the saame as last.... but with Rossi retiring Quartararo takes his place alongside Joan Mir and MM#93.

We also have 5 new riders joining MotoGP.....Tech3 KTM will field an all-new line-up of reigning Moto2 champion Remy (son of Wayne) Gardner and 2021 Moto2 runner-up Raul Fernandez.

At VR46, Moto2 race winner Marco Bezzecchi steps up to MotoGP this season, as does fellow Moto2 race winner Fabio Di Giannantonio at Gresini Racing. At RNF Racing Yamaha, Darryn Binder steps straight up from Moto3 to MotoGP. (He is the first rider since Jack Miller in 2015 to make the jump directly from the lightweight class to MotoGP.)

Six manufacturers, 12 teams and 24 riders will contest the 2022 season. Two new teams join..... one nine-time grand prix world champion Valentino Rossi’s VR46 Racing, which will field Ducati machinery, andthe other RNF Racing Yamaha – which has been rebranded after Petronas SRT pulled out of grand prix racing last year.

Gresini Racing has broken ties with Aprilia for 2022 and returns to being a true independent team this season running as a Ducati satellite squad.

A third of the field be be on Ducatis.... the first time since 2016 that Ducati has fielded eight bikes, its factory squad, Pramac Racing, Gresini and VR46 all on Ducatis..

Aprilia and Suzuki are still the only manufacturers with no satellite teams and will field just two works bikes each.

The 2022 calendar features two new circuits for events it has run in the past.

The Indonesia Grand Prix will be staged at the Mandalika International Street Circuit on 20 March, marking MotoGP’s first street circuit and its first visit to Indonesia since 1997.

The Finnish Grand Prix for the premier class has not been staged since 1981 (though did play host to smaller classes in 1982) but returns in 2022 at the new KymiRing.

Full MotoGP entry list.....

Aprilia Racing

#12 Maverick Vinales
#41 Aleix Espargaro

Ducati Lenovo Team

#43 Jack Miller
#63 Francesco Bagnaia

Gresini Racing MotoGP Ducati

#23 Enea Bastianini
#49 Fabio Di Giannantonio

Mooney VR46 Racing Team Ducati

#10 Luca Marini
#72 Marco Bezzecchi

Pramac Racing Ducati

#5 Johann Zarco
#89 Jorge Martin

LCR Honda

#30 Takaaki Nakagami
#73 Alex Marquez

Repsol Honda Team

#44 Pol Espargaro
#93 Marc Marquez

Red Bull KTM Factory Racing

#33 Brad Binder
#88 Miguel Oliveira

Tech3 KTM Factory Racing

#25 Raul Fernandez
#87 Remy Gardner

Team Suzuki Ecstar

#36 Joan Mir
#42 Alex Rins

Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP

#20 Fabio Quartararo
#21 Franco Morbidelli

WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team

#04 Andrea Dovizioso
#40 Darryn Binder

I know I wont be the only one following it with anticipation. Plenty of fans here and rightfully so. More often than not we get great racing and the smaller classed always add to the spice..... especially the Moto3 lightweights. How will the VR46 Team fare.... will we maybe see a wildcard entry at Misano for the man himself?

Too many questions and what ifs at this stage, but although Ducati look strong, prepare for some in form stuff from some of minor teams who showed well in testing.

Safe season to all. Bring it on.

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Did everyone forget that the Qatar GP was today?? :)

As usual, I only watched the premier series race, not the feeders. What a win by Bastiannini. And I had no idea Fausto Gresini died last year (COVID-19) :( so a great, much-needed victory for sure. I almost teared up too as his widow and the team members were watching him start the last lap.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Watched it the entire afternoon ;)
MotoGP was the most interesting of the three by a country mile. Nontheless, I think that the true potentials will start to shine once we've seen them on three to four different types of layout as Quatar usually only stands for brute power. It'll be interesting to see who manages the more nifty circuits
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

SBan83 wrote: 2 years ago Did everyone forget that the Qatar GP was today?? :)

As usual, I only watched the premier series race, not the feeders. What a win by Bastiannini. And I had no idea Fausto Gresini died last year (COVID-19) :( so a great, much-needed victory for sure. I almost teared up too as his widow and the team members were watching him start the last lap.
I managed to fall asleep waiting for it to start, just after the Moto3 started and woke up half way through the Moto GP so just clicked the start over button for the main race and watched with a few laps delay. :whistling:

Re Fausto there were regular updates as to his ongoing health in this (well last year's equivalent) thread from when he became ill. viewtopic.php?p=397070#p397070
It was updated regularly over a couple of pages of the thread because sadly Fausto had a very hard time with Covid and spent several weeks in and out of ICU, seemingly eventually improving until a sudden relapse saw his condition deteriorate and sadly pass away.

I must admit I had a sizeable lump in my throat when Bastiannini won.... I wasnt aware his widow had taken over the Team Principal role. I have a new favourite team now in the absence of Vale. :wink:
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
SBan83 wrote: 2 years ago ......

I must admit I had a sizeable lump in my throat when Bastiannini won.... I wasnt aware his widow had taken over the Team Principal role. I have a new favourite team now in the absence of Vale. :wink:
Same for me, mate ;)
:bye:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

BESTIA!!!!
hat trick for italy!
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

It looks like Honda might be more up to pace this season since Losail was always a bad track for them. They probably chose the wrong tires for the and that's why Pol E. faded towards the end. Ducati had a difficult round even with Bastianini's win, maybe the '22 bike isn't actually better than '21? Yahama is obviously the biggest loser, they had no pace to speak of.

Tough luck for Ayumu Sasaki to lose a win due to a loose fairing. Didn't expect Vietti to run away with Moto2 but I'm curious what Acosta can do without the start issues he had in R1.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Jorge Martin has identified taking over the factory Ducati MotoGP seat currently occupied by Jack Miller as his “main goal” for the start of next season.

Miller really needs to get his act together if he plans on hanging around in the top tier. I really cant see him being retained by Ducati in the works team tbh. He is way too erratic..

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Martin’s ‘main goal’ to take Miller’s MotoGP seat

Jorge Martin has identified taking over the factory Ducati MotoGP seat currently occupied by Jack Miller as his “main goal” for the start of next season.

Miller really needs to get his act together if he plans on hanging around in the top tier. I really cant see him being retained by Ducati in the works team tbh. He is way too erratic..