WWF 2021 "Winner takes all "Season Finale Max v Lewis Abu Dhabi Handbags GP"

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago Hilarious that Lewis fans are still arguing that he turned Merc into what it is. I've literally just seen a debate that stated Merc had nothing to do with Brawn GP.

It's literally just a name.
Remind me whose engine Brawn used after Honda pulled the plug on F1. And who was Mercedes team Principal back in 2010? In fact during the first year of Mercedes Brawn still owned a chunk of the shares.

ISTR Mercedes were getting podiums with Rosberg back in 2010, 3 years before Lewis even joined. That Nico also won a race for them and score pole positions before Lewis even joined.... in fact Nico scored two races for them after Lewis joined before Lewis got to win one with them.

Seriously many of these Lewis / Merc fans are dangerously deluded when they get anywhere near a keyboard.

Someone should perhaps remind them that what is now Mercedes F1 started as Tyrrell back in 1970, before becoming BAR and then morphing into Honda before it became known as Brawn! :haha: Oh and that the factory they now use is the same Brackley factory the team used in it's Honda days. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Lewis unfollowed f1 instagram profile and it makes the news. Hamilton playing the drama queen. What he wants an honour wdc prize?
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

caneparo wrote: 2 years ago Lewis unfollowed f1 instagram profile and it makes the news. Hamilton playing the drama queen. What he wants an honour wdc prize?
He is just being a drama queen. Is he really so pissed that this unfollowing the F1 Instagram account is going to mean anything? And Toto is still pushing the "Im trying to persuade Lewis not to walk away from F1." Is Lewis that scared George Russell is going to beat him. And the fact that the all Team Principals have voted Max the better driver of the two. (All bar 1 :wink: )

Talking about Toto, he has likened the result of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to Diego Maradona's infamous 'Hand of God' incident from the 1986 FIFA World Cup! :nah: :tearful:

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

You know Lewis will wait until pre-season testing and really hang this out. If the car is a shitbox, he'll retire rather than drive mid pack. If it's a winner, he'll race.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
caneparo wrote: 2 years ago Lewis unfollowed f1 instagram profile and it makes the news. Hamilton playing the drama queen. What he wants an honour wdc prize?
He is just being a drama queen. Is he really so pissed that this unfollowing the F1 Instagram account is going to mean anything? And Toto is still pushing the "Im trying to persuade Lewis not to walk away from F1." Is Lewis that scared George Russell is going to beat him. And the fact that the all Team Principals have voted Max the better driver of the two. (All bar 1 :wink: )

Talking about Toto, he has likened the result of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to Diego Maradona's infamous 'Hand of God' incident from the 1986 FIFA World Cup! :nah: :tearful:
Not especially nice as it implies cheating from max :)
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

This may have gotten lost in the 30 pages of reality TV storyline, but what are the opinions on the track modifications now that we've seen a couple of races on it?
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago Even if the safety car had come out 10 or 15 laps before the end, I still think the outcome would have been the same.
I would say that if the safety car had come out 10 to 15 laps away from the end, then Mercedes would have made different choices (and so would any race director). At that point you know the race will resume and you pit for tires, even if you risk giving up track position. Plus, let's also argue that Max would not pit at that time (because if he does, there is no advantage lost), now Max is on old tires and Lewis on fresh ones and right behind him and the roles are reversed for the last 5 or 8 laps of the race.

It really was a miracle that things played out that way. The odds were entirely against that sort of ending and it was a perfect storm of luck that put Max in a position to win (and he took it). But Merc/Lewis just needs to accept thats what happened and move on. Sometimes you get the red flag and get to fix your car and sometimes you get the chrome horn. It's just unfortunate that it was too late to do anything about it on the last lap of the last race of the year. If this had happened 3 races ago, it would not be as harsh on the losing driver.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

XcraigX wrote: 2 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago Even if the safety car had come out 10 or 15 laps before the end, I still think the outcome would have been the same.
I would say that if the safety car had come out 10 to 15 laps away from the end, then Mercedes would have made different choices (and so would any race director). At that point you know the race will resume and you pit for tires, even if you risk giving up track position. Plus, let's also argue that Max would not pit at that time (because if he does, there is no advantage lost), now Max is on old tires and Lewis on fresh ones and right behind him and the roles are reversed for the last 5 or 8 laps of the race.

It really was a miracle that things played out that way. The odds were entirely against that sort of ending and it was a perfect storm of luck that put Max in a position to win (and he took it). But Merc/Lewis just needs to accept thats what happened and move on. Sometimes you get the red flag and get to fix your car and sometimes you get the chrome horn. It's just unfortunate that it was too late to do anything about it on the last lap of the last race of the year. If this had happened 3 races ago, it would not be as harsh on the losing driver.
Yeah, it would make sense for them to pit if it was a few laps earlier.

Worst case? Max doesn't pit to gain track position. But with more time, 100% chance that all the lapped cars would be moved. So then it's all Lewis to prey on Max.

More likely, they both pit with Lewis keeping position. The question is what would happen if it restarted with both of them on new tyres. I dare say that Max would forget where the brake pedal is and just launch it in there.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Okay, this is in the Daily Express newspaper and I'm not sure how reliable it is, but they're running a story that says Lewis Hamilton may be hit with a 10 place grid penalty in the first race of next season for missing the Paris gala. The outgoing Jean Todt seemed to say he understood, but the new FIA president doesn't seem to be so forgiving if this story is to be believed:
Daily Express

Lewis Hamilton could face a 10-place grid penalty for the first race of the 2022 Formula One season, the Bahrain Grand Prix in March, for failing to attend the FIA's end-of-year prize-giving ceremony. Hamilton and Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff opted not to go to the gala in Paris on Thursday night following the controversial events of Sunday's season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The 36-year-old was denied a record-breaking eighth Drivers' Championship in agonising circumstances at the Yas Marina Circuit with Red Bull's Max Verstappen profiting to win his first ever world title.

Wolff, whose team still won the Constructors' Championship despite Hamilton's misery, said to media on Thursday: "I won't be there because of my loyalty to Lewis and because of my own personal integrity. But we will be represented as a team by James Allison, who will be taking the trophy on behalf of all the people in Brackley and Brixworth."

In addition, Mercedes also refused to send its F1 or Formula E cars, both of which won championships, over to Paris for an FIA-commissioned pre-gala photoshoot.

Jean Todt, the outgoing FIA president, had said at the ceremony that he was sorry Hamilton had not attended but added: "I think we should let it go. We have to rise above it."

However Todt has since been replaced by the newly-elected Mohammed Ben Sulayem who has hinted that the seven-time world champion may still be penalised for flouting the governing body's regulations.
Full story here:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... stappen-F1
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Star wrote: 2 years ago Okay, this is in the Daily Express newspaper and I'm not sure how reliable it is, but they're running a story that says Lewis Hamilton may be hit with a 10 place grid penalty in the first race of next season for missing the Paris gala. The outgoing Jean Todt seemed to say he understood, but the new FIA president doesn't seem to be so forgiving if this story is to be believed:
Daily Express

Lewis Hamilton could face a 10-place grid penalty for the first race of the 2022 Formula One season, the Bahrain Grand Prix in March, for failing to attend the FIA's end-of-year prize-giving ceremony. Hamilton and Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff opted not to go to the gala in Paris on Thursday night following the controversial events of Sunday's season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The 36-year-old was denied a record-breaking eighth Drivers' Championship in agonising circumstances at the Yas Marina Circuit with Red Bull's Max Verstappen profiting to win his first ever world title.

Wolff, whose team still won the Constructors' Championship despite Hamilton's misery, said to media on Thursday: "I won't be there because of my loyalty to Lewis and because of my own personal integrity. But we will be represented as a team by James Allison, who will be taking the trophy on behalf of all the people in Brackley and Brixworth."

In addition, Mercedes also refused to send its F1 or Formula E cars, both of which won championships, over to Paris for an FIA-commissioned pre-gala photoshoot.

Jean Todt, the outgoing FIA president, had said at the ceremony that he was sorry Hamilton had not attended but added: "I think we should let it go. We have to rise above it."

However Todt has since been replaced by the newly-elected Mohammed Ben Sulayem who has hinted that the seven-time world champion may still be penalised for flouting the governing body's regulations.
Full story here:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... stappen-F1
Silly tbh.

FIA should understand their man has caused offence. Just leave it, or fine him £50,000 to give to kids with no ability
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

White six wrote: 2 years ago Just leave it, or fine him £50,000 to give to kids with no ability
Haas will appreciate the donation on behalf of their drivers.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

:haha:
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago
White six wrote: 2 years ago Just leave it, or fine him £50,000 to give to kids with no ability
Haas will appreciate the donation on behalf of their drivers.
:haha: :haha:
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

White six wrote: 2 years ago
Silly tbh.

FIA should understand their man has caused offence. Just leave it, or fine him £50,000 to give to kids with no ability
:rofl:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

I don’t really buy this “Lewis is going to quit” nonsense. He’s a sensitive primadonna but he’ll come round. He’s got contractual obligations to deal with and surely he’s going to look even worse leaving the sport than if he came back to fight another day.

Motorsport.com said they could promote Ocon from Alpine but I suspect his current teammate would be on Toto’s speed dial!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Picci wrote: 2 years ago I don’t really buy this “Lewis is going to quit” nonsense. He’s a sensitive primadonna but he’ll come round. He’s got contractual obligations to deal with and surely he’s going to look even worse leaving the sport than if he came back to fight another day.

Motorsport.com said they could promote Ocon from Alpine but I suspect his current teammate would be on Toto’s speed dial!
I dont see him retiring either.
One thing good if he was.... Ocon to Merc, Piastri to an Alpine race seat. Simples.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

He won't retire. It's all bluster. We had this a year ago.

As I've said before, this will rumble on through to pre season testing. George will do day 1 and 2, Lewis will be "absent", and if the car is good he will be there for day 3. If the car is shit, he'll retire and claim he was pushed out rather than repeat 2009 and 2011.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.