2022 Bathurst 12 Hour

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

2022 Bathurst 12 Hour

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

New date for Bathurst 12 Hour confirmed

A bit early to be putting up a thread for the Bathurst 12 hour, but we have great news today that will ensure greater popularity for the event..... Of course we missed out having the event this year due to Covid, but great news to have it back next year, and even better news the date has been changed from that set last month.

The original (March 18-20) date scheduled for the 12 hour sadly clashed with both the FIA World Endurance Championship and IMSA SportsCar Championship races at Sebring, which of course would have limited the scope for international involvement in the event.

Common sense has prevailed and a date with no clashes has been selected..... a date more in tune with its historical early February scheduling. I think the later original date in March was likely to have been chosen to give those international participants better chances of our border/ quarantine restrictions being more relaxed. This of course is now in the process of happening which is great news for all International Motor Sport within our shores (ie F1 and MotoG Grand Prix, and of course the 12 hour for a start.)

Next year’s Mount Panorama GT enduro will now take place on February 25-27, instead of March 18-20.
As I said not quite the usual early Feb., but its in February and it does not clash with anything major so all is good..

While Supercars promotes the event, it was SRO Motorsport Group’s Stephane Ratel who announced the March date, as a to be confirmed proposition, just over a month ago.

SRO runs the Intercontinental GT Challenge (IGTC) of which Bathurst is now the customary season-opener, and Ratel is pleased with the new date.
“The Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour has become a favourite event of the motorsport landscape both in Australia and around the world.

“Being held on Australia’s spiritual motorsport home, Mount Panorama, the race has become one of the most popular on the GT racing calendar and is held in such high esteem by some of the best teams and brands globally.

“Bathurst is the championship’s spiritual season opener, has an atmosphere like no other, and is rightly considered one of the world’s great endurance races,” he said.

“IGTC’s teams, drivers and manufacturers have undoubtedly played a role in amplifying this status, and I cannot wait to see their return to the mountain in 2022.

“Maintaining the event’s traditional early February date wasn’t an option but after consulting with teams, manufacturers and Supercars it also became apparent that an alternative weekend that month would be preferable to March when the Australian, European and American seasons begin ramping up.

“I think we’ve found a good balance between the two, which also allows us to keep an important element of what makes Bathurst special.”

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

that's great! Wouldn't really matter if not many European teams can attend, Australia got a decent GT3 field as it is.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago Wouldn't really matter if not many European teams can attend, Australia got a decent GT3 field as it is.
To that end Triple 8 have confirmed an entry. from them for the 12 hour..... an assault is probably journalistic licence but AFAIK they only have one GT car. :wink: :

Triple Eight confirms Bathurst 12 Hour assault

Triple Eight Race Engineering has confirmed it will field its Mercedes-AMG GT3 in the 2022 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour.

Two-time Supercars champion Shane van Gisbergen and new Red Bull Ampol Racing team-mate Broc Feeney will lead the team’s effort.

With Prince Jefri Ibrahim, the team will vie for top honours in Pro-Am.

It marks the first time Triple Eight will race as the designated outlet for Mercedes-AMG Customer Racing in the region.

As we know this year marks the return of the Bathurst 12 Hour after last year’s event was called off due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Already, the 2022 event has faced some hurdles with the event pushed back from late February to May due to international border restrictions.

More here https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/18/tr ... r-assault/

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Class changes for Bathurst 12 Hour confirmed

Them that make the rules (Supercars and SRO) have confirmed that Pro-Am will be the top class of this year’s Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour.

All-Pro driver line-ups will not be allowed for 2022, when the event returns to the global motorsport calendar.

Sadly it is said that entry numbers had been low, with little interest from overseas teams. No real surprises there though.

Especially as there remains a clash between the Bathurst 12 Hour and a round of Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe at Magny-Cours.

So the 2022 Mount Panorama event has now been re-oriented to cater more towards competitors from around the region than the heavy-hitting international teams who would bring fully professional driver line-ups. Just like the old days.

How are the classes now to be structured?

There will be at least one Bronze-ranked driver in every GT3 car which is entered in the race.

In Class A (GT3), a Pro-Am crew of three drivers shall be two Platinum, Gold, or Silver drivers, and one Bronze; if four drivers, then still on two may be Platinum, Gold, or Silver, and the other two must be Bronze.

(Triple Eight Race Engineering’s already announced plans to field a Mercedes-AMG GT3 for Shane van Gisbergen, Broc Feeney, and gentleman driver Prince Jefri Ibrahim in the event.)

A Class A Am crew shall be limited to no more than a single Silver driver, with the balance to be ranked Bronze.

Class B will be for GT3 ‘Trophy’ cars, as seen locally in GT World Challenge.

That too will have a Pro-Am subclass, for combinations featuring one Silver driver and the rest Bronze, and an Am subclass, for all-Bronze line-ups.

Class C is for Porsche GT3 Cup Cars, Class D for GT4s, and Class I for ‘Invitational’ Class Cars, as well as ‘GTC’ cars from one-make categories including Ferrari Challenge, Lamborghini Supercup and Audi R8 Cup.

Qualifying changes,

Qualifying will be determined on an aggregated lap time system, with the amateur driver in a car required to set a time.

Amateur drivers will also get extra practice time, but the Pirelli Top 10 Shootout will remain.

Despite the lack of overseas interest the round will still be part of the Intercontinental GT Challenge. Bring on next year when hopefully normality will return.

We already know the traditional February date will be back.... 3rd-5th February 2023 is the date already locked in.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Bathurst 12 Hour will have its earliest start time ever in 2022.

For this year’s race, the official start time will be 05:15 local time/AEST at Mount Panorama, and the finish thus at 17:13 plus one lap.

The change is because the Bathurst 12 Hour is also taking place later in the year than normal, in the middle of May, and hence daylight savings time will not apply.

However, it also means that approximately the first 90 minutes of racing will take place before sunrise, forecast for 06:46 local time on race day. :smiley:

The finish will take place essentially just as the sun is setting, at 17:10.

It started at 5:45am for a few years, but has started as late as 7am.

The full schedule will be revealed next week.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Well, we know it wont be the 12 hour with a massive amount of foreign involvement due to the time of year and the interference with the European calendar of similar events taking precedence for those that might have entered, but it is still going to be a great event with a fairly full field of albeit local entries. It is also of course being run primarily as a Pro-Am race.

Having said that about overseas involvement, we have just had confirmation of Craft-Bamboo Racing returning to the Mountain with the GT3 Mercedes that it came very close to taking a podium with last time the race was held, only to be thwarted by a late puncture.

First time ever Night practice session

A couple of novel differences caused by the May timing, one of which as mentioned above, is the earliest ever start.

This, given the proximity to winter here, means the early morning start will ensure that at least 90 minutes of running will be pitch black.... far more than the usual 15 mins or so of the previous years. In addition it will be getting dark by race finish as well. (Sunset is 17:12) As such there will be one Friday practice session (P4) that will be exclusively run in the dark in the dark.

Hopefully the Friday 13th Practice day and support races wont cause problems for those superstitious folk.

The full schedule of activity....
Schedule: Bathurst 12 Hour, Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

Start End....... Category.............. Session

Friday, May 13
08:00 08:30 Aussie Race Cars Practice / Qualifying
08:40 09:10 Combined Sedans Practice / Qualifying
09:20 09:50 TGRA 86 Series Practice
10:00 10:30 Bathurst 12 Hour Practice 1 (Bronze Drivers only)
10:40 11:10 Bathurst 12 Hour Practice 2
11:20 11:40 Aussie Race Cars Race 1 6 Laps or 1 lap after 11:37
11:55 12:45 Bathurst 12 Hour Resident Access
13:00 13:30 Bathurst 12 Hour Sponsor ride session
13:40 14:00 TGRA 86 Series Qualifying
14:10 14:40 Combined Sedans Race 1 10 Laps or 1 lap after 14:37
14:50 15:10 Aussie Race Cars Race 2 6 Laps or 1 lap after 15:07
15:20 16:00 Bathurst 12 Hour Practice 3 (Bronze Drivers only)
16:10 16:25 Bathurst 12 Hour TV Track Time
16:35 16:55 TGRA 86 Series Race 1 6 Laps or 1 lap after 16:52
17:05 17:45 Bathurst 12 Hour Practice 4

Saturday, May 14
07:25 07:55 Combined Sedans Race 2 10 Laps or 1 lap after 07:52
08:05 09:05 Bathurst 12 Hour Practice 5
09:15 09:45 Bathurst 12 Hour Sponsor ride session
09:55 10:55 Bathurst 12 Hour Practice 6
11:10 12:00 Bathurst 12 Hour Resident Access
12:15 12:35 Aussie Race Cars Race 3 6 Laps or 1 lap after 12:32
12:45 13:05 TGRA 86 Series Race 2 6 Laps 1 lap after 13:02
13:20 13:45 Bathurst 12 Hour Qualifying 1 (All Classes Bronze Only)
13:55 14:20 Bathurst 12 Hour Qualifying 2 (All Classes Pro Only)
14:30 15:00 Combined Sedans Race 3 10 Laps or 1 lap after 14:57
15:10 15:30 Aussie Race Cars Race 4 6 Laps or 1 lap after 15:27
15:40 16:00 TGRA 86 Series Race 3 6 Laps or 1 lap after 15:57
16:10 16:55 Bathurst 12 Hour Top 10 Shootout

Sunday, May 15
04:45 Pit Exit Open
04:50 Pit Exit Close
05:15 17:15 Bathurst 12 Hour RACE 1 lap after 17:13

All times local/AEST

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It must be getting closer as liveries are starting to be released..... this one for Triple 8.

Triple Eight Race Engineering has pulled the covers off its Mann-Filter backed Mercedes-AMG GT3 that will compete in this year’s Bathurst 12 Hour. Not that new really....

The #888 entry features the return of the iconic yellow and green brand colours from Mann-Filter known as the ‘Mamba’ pattern, having previously run a similar livery in 2020.

Mann-Filter’s colours are a fan favourite in the European GT racing scene, such as the Nürburgring 24 Hours but lesser-known in Australia.

Shane van Gisbergen, Broc Feeney and Prince Jefri Ibrahim will share the driving duties in the #888 car across the May 13-15 Intercontinental GT Challenge season-opener.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Chaz Mostert and Lee Holdsworth, who combined to win last year’s Repco Bathurst 1000, will drive with Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia in this month’s Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour.

However, rather than tackling the upcoming Mount Panorama enduro together, each will spearhead one of the Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II entries,

I guess they will announce an official final driver list in what cars over the next few days.

Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

That's a great looking livery. Yellow & green was the colors or my conscription tenure in the army so I always enjoy that one!
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago tackling the upcoming Mount Panorama enduro together, each will spearhead one of the Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II entries,

I guess they will announce an official final driver list in what cars over the next few days.
As I anticipated, the full entry list.

As we expected its a bit light..... 20 cars and still a number of TBA drivers.

Owing mostly to the lack of international attendance given the race’s May 13-15 slot clashes with the European GT racing season, 15 of the 20 entries feature in GT3 Class A.

There are six manufacturers represented on the grid for the Intercontinental GT Challenge season-opener, with Audi being the most populous brand at seven cars. Mercedes-AMG, Porsche, Lamborghini, KTM and MARC Cars Australia make up the other manufacturers.

GruppeM Racing, who previously announced an entry in December last year, will not be making the trip to Australia following the date shuffle. The Hong Kong-based team originally committed to the February

No. Class Car Team Driver A Driver B Driver C Driver D
#4 Class A Pro-Am Porsche 911 GT3R Grove Racing Stephen Grove Brenton Grove Benjamin Barker –
#6 Class A Pro-Am Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Wall Racing Tony D’Alberto David Wall Adrian Deitz Grant Denyer
#9 Class A Pro-Am Audi R8 GT3 Evo II Hallmarc Marc Cini Lee Holdsworth Dean Fiore –
#11 Class C Porsche Cup Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II Our Kloud-UpTo11 Motorsport Indiran Padayachee Eric Constantindis Aaron Zerefos –
#17 Class A Pro-Am Audi R8 GT3 Evo II Team BRM Mark Rosser Nick Percat Joseph Mawson –
#19 Class A Pro-Am Mercedes AMG GT3 Nineteen Corporation Pty Ltd Mark Griffith Will Brown Jack Perkins –
#24 Class A Pro-Am Audi R8 GT3 Evo II Tony Bates Racing Tony Bates TBA TBA –
#45 Class A Am Mercedes AMG GT3 RAM Motorsport Michael Sheargold Garth Walden Brett Hobson –
#47 Class A Am Audi R8 GT3 Evo II Supabarn James Koundouris Theo Koundouris David Russell Paul Stokell
#50 Invitational KTM X-Bow GT2 M Motorsport/ Vantage Racing David Crampton Trent Harrison Glen Wood Dale Wood
#52 Invitational MARC II V8 Wheels/ FX Racing PNG Keith Kassulke Hadrian Morall TBA –
#55 Class A Am Mercedes AMG GT3 Valmont Racing Marcel Zalloua Sergio Pires Duvashen Padayachee –
#65 Class A Pro-Am Audi R8 GT3 Evo II Coinspot Liam Talbot Fraser Ross Chaz Mostert –
#74 Class A Pro-Am Audi R8 GT3 Evo II Audi Sport Team Valvoline Brad Schumacher TBA TBA –
#75 Class A Pro-Am Mercedes AMG GT3 SunEnergy1 Racing Kenny Habul Martin Konrad Jules Gounon Luca Stolz
#91 Class A Pro-Am Mercedes AMG GT3 Mercedes-AMG Team Craft-Bamboo Racing TBA TBA TBA –
#95 Invitational MARC II V8 MARC Cars Australia Geoffrey Taunton Jake Camilleri TBA –
#222 Class C Porsche Cup Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II Scott Taylor Motorsport Alex Davison Geoff Emery TBA –
#777 Class A Pro-Am Audi R8 GT3 Evo II Audi Sport Team Valvoline Yasser Shahin TBA TBA –
#888 Class A Pro-Am Mercedes AMG GT3 Triple Eight Race Engineering Prince Jefri Ibrahim Broc Feeney Shane van Gisbergen

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Details for Broadcasting and International Streaming of the event

OK just a reminder the Bathurst 12 hour will be running this coming weekend FRIDAY 13th MAY > SUNDAY 15th MAY 2022.

Latest news and info/details can be found on the event website. https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/

We know it will be missing a number of International entries due to the later than normal running of the event.
Details of the entry is a couple of posts up on this page. :wink:

In terms of Broadcasting of the event it will be covered for locals on Foxtel and also FTA via the 7 Network (Maybe 7 Mate not sure at this stage but your TV Guide will show.)

As for those overseas who wish to follow the race will be broadcast live via the SRO GT World YouTube channel.

I dont have an exact event link for you at this stage but here is the Direct link to the SRO GT YouTube Channel

Sadly Radio Le Mans will be absent this year with clashing commitments in the US and Europe.

None the less Richard Crail will be here with assistance from a host of local broadcasting / media 'talent'
Richard Craill, who has called every 12 Hour since 2007 will be joined in the commentary box by Garth Tander and Matt Naulty.

Tander’s broadcast contributions will come after making five Bathurst 12 Hour starts of his own, all of which have been with Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia in a GT3 spec car.

Chad Neylon and Network Seven’s Mark Beretta will both be joined in pit lane by Briony Ingerson.

This year’s race on May 15 will be live on both the screens of Seven and Fox Sports through its 12-hour duration.

International viewers can watch the race on SRO’s GT World YouTube channel.

“I’ve raced in the 12 Hour for the last five years and even though we haven’t been able to deliver the kind of result we would expect, it’s always an enjoyable race,” Tander said.

“I’m looking forward to jumping into the commentary box this year and help tell the stories as the race unfolds, and give some of the insight I’ve learned from the last five years.

“It’s a competitive field and I’m looking forward to seeing how the race plays out this year.”

Sunday’s race coverage gets underway at 05:00 AEST ahead of a 05:15 race start.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Start things off with a walk down pitlane type preview which showes all the cars and who is driving them.

OK got that out of the way, moving on to on track activity today.

Swiss rookie heads P1

Its been wet at Bathurst for much of the day, not soaking but very moist, although with drying conditions in between.and we have had 3 practice sessions.... the first session was headed by a young Swiss rookie . His first time was a 16 to give you an idea of the conditions. He ended up on a 2:04.510 as the flag flew to end the session.

Results: Practice 1

Pos # Team Driver Car Class Fastest lap Gap
1 777 Audi Sport Team Valvoline Ricardo Feller Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:04.5150
2 75 SunEnergy1 Racing L.Stolz/J.Gounon Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:04.9079 +0.3929
3 6 Wall Racing T.D’Alberto/D.Wall Lamborghini Huracan GT3 APA 2:05.1804 +0.6654
4 24 Tony Bates Racing Cameron Waters Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:05.1962 +0.6812
5 47 Supabarn David Russell Audi R8 GT3 Evo II AAM 2:05.2990 +0.7840
6 65 Coinspot Fraser Ross Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:05.4383 +0.9233
7 888 Triple Eight Race Engineering Shane van Gisbergen Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:05.4575 +0.9425
8 91 Mercedes-AMG Team Craft-Bamboo Racing M.Engel/D.Juncadella Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:05.7827 +1.2677
9 17 Team BRM Joey Mawson Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:05.8941 +1.3791
10 74 Audi Sport Team Valvoline Nathanael Berthon Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:06.4302 +1.9152
11 4 Grove Racing B.Barker/S.Grove Porsche 911 GT3R APA 2:06.4858 +1.9708
12 55 Valmont Racing Duvashen Padayachee Mercedes AMG GT3 AAM 2:06.9362 +2.4212
13 50 M Motorsport/ Vantage Racing Dale Wood KTM X-Bow GT2 I 2:06.9561 +2.4411
14 19 Nineteen Corporation Pty Ltd Will Brown Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:07.5455 +3.0305
15 9 Hallmarc L.Holdsworth/D.Fiore Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:07.9238 +0.4088
16 222 Scott Taylor Motorsport Craig Lowndes Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II C 2:09.0624 +4.5474
17 95 MARC Cars Australia Geoffrey Taunton MARC II V8 I 2:10.4323 +5.9173
18 45 RAM Motorsport G.Walden/B.Hobson Mercedes AMG GT3 AAM 2:11.6765 +7.1615
19 52 Wheels/ FX Racing PNG K.Kassulke/H.Morrall MARC II V8 I 2:15.6805 +11.1655
20 11 Our Kloud-UpTo11 Motorsport Eric Constantindis Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II C 2:21.5406 +17.0256

P2 will be a Bronze drivers only session.
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Practice 2 saw the Bronze-rated drivers out on track for 30 minutes of running.

Despite a morning shower, the track was relatively dry by the end of the Am-driver session with the sun peeking through the clouds.
None of the Bronze drivers were willing to hang it on the line at this stage of the weekend and the best time of the session was Brad Schumacher again in an Audi R8 GT3, some 2 seconds of the P1 mark.

The session ended under the first red of the weekend.with one of the KTM X bows stopping on track.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Practice 3

Supabarn Audi crashes, Talbot fastest

The red flag came 15 minutes into the scheduled 40-minute session with Theo Koundouris in the wall at the top of the Mountain in the #47 Supabarn Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo II.

The car got sideways through Reid Park before slapping into the concrete wall on driver’s right just before the Grate, causing heavy damage to the right rear.
Time was added on but still no one got near the P1 times, and maybe a worry for the Mercs, Audi ended up 1-2-3 in P3.
The T8#888 car of SVG Feeney and Prince Jeffri Ibrahim spent nearly all of the session in pit lane, with 'PJI' returning to the garage immediately.

Results: Practice 3

1 65 Coinspot Liam Talbot Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:06.2166
2 777 Audi Sport Team Valvoline Yasser Shahin Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:06.6516 +0.4350
3 74 Audi Sport Team Valvoline Brad Schumacher Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:06.7354 +0.5188
4 75 SunEnergy1 Racing K.Habul/M.Konrad Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:06.9270 +0.7104
5 91 Mercedes-AMG Team Craft-Bamboo Racing Kevin Tse Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:06.9582 +0.7416
6 52 Wheels/ FX Racing PNG H.Morrall/Z.Morse MARC II V8 I 2:07.6011 +1.3845
7 24 Tony Bates Racing Tony Bates Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:08.2396 +2.0230
8 4 Grove Racing Stephen Grove Porsche 911 GT3R APA 2:08.4167 +2.2001
9 95 MARC Cars Australia G.Taunton/D.Fraser MARC II V8 I 2:08.6405 +2.4239
10 17 Team BRM Mark Rosser Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:10.4069 +4.1903
11 6 Wall Racing A.Deitz/G.Denyer Lamborghini Huracan GT3 APA 2:10.7625 +4.5459
12 9 Hallmarc Marc Cini Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:11.0352 +4.8186
13 55 Valmont Racing Marcel Zalloua Mercedes AMG GT3 AAM 2:11.4655 +5.2489
14 19 Nineteen Corporation Pty Ltd Mark Griffith Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:12.2620 +6.0454
15 47 Supabarn Theo Koundouris Audi R8 GT3 Evo II AAM 2:13.3932 +7.1766
16 45 RAM Motorsport M.Sheargold/G.Walden Mercedes AMG GT3 AAM 2:13.9457 +7.7291
17 222 Scott Taylor Motorsport Scott Taylor Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II C 2:16.9646 +10.7480
18 50 M Motorsport/ Vantage Racing David Crampton KTM X-Bow GT2 I 2:18.2660 +12.0494
19 11 Our Kloud-UpTo11 Motorsport I.Padayachee/ E.Constantindis/A.Zerefos Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II C 2:18.6317 +12.4151
20 888 Triple Eight Race Engineering Jefri Ibrahim Mercedes AMG GT3 APA

The Night P4 Session is underway now

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Van der Linde sets Friday pace in the dusk/night session

Kelvin van der Linde has dominated the 12 Hour’s first ever night practice session to ive Audi a clean sweep of every session. He was the only driver today to dip into the 3's with a 2:03.9569. Chaz Mostert (#65 Coinspot Audi R8 Evo II) split the internationals to go second, and Gounon’s time would be bumped to fourth by a last-ditch effort from Maro Engel (#91 Craft-Bamboo Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3). Markus Winkelhock (#777 Audi Sport Team Valvoline Audi R8 Evo II) rounded out the top five,

Only 19 cars took part with the Supabarn Audi crashed earlier in the day yet to reappear.

Results: Practice 4

1 74 Audi Sport Team Valvoline K.van der Linde/N.Berthon Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:03.9569
2 65 Coinspot C.Mostert/L.Talbot Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:04.2950 +0.3381
3 91 Mercedes-AMG Team Craft-Bamboo Racing M.Engel/D.Juncadella Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:04.3501 +0.3932
4 75 SunEnergy1 Racing L.Stolz/J.Gounon Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:04.4064 +0.4495
5 777 Audi Sport Team Valvoline Markus Winkelhock Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:04.9212 +0.9643
6 24 Tony Bates Racing D.Reynolds/T.Bates Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:05.2554 +1.2985
7 4 Grove Racing B.Barker/B.Grove Porsche 911 GT3R APA 2:05.4519 +1.4950
8 17 Team BRM N.Percat/J.Mawson Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:05.7521 +1.7952
9 888 Triple Eight Race Engineering Broc Feeney Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:05.8453 +1.8884
10 6 Wall Racing T.D’Alberto/D.Wall Lamborghini Huracan GT3 APA 2:06.6945 +2.7376
11 19 Nineteen Corporation Pty Ltd J.Perkins/W.Brown Mercedes AMG GT3 APA 2:06.7649 +2.8080
12 9 Hallmarc L.Holdsworth/D.Fiore Audi R8 GT3 Evo II APA 2:07.4046 +3.4477
13 45 RAM Motorsport G.Walden/B.Hobson Mercedes AMG GT3 AAM 2:08.0106 +4.0537
14 222 Scott Taylor Motorsport Alex Davison Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II C 2:08.5953 +4.6384
15 50 M Motorsport/ Vantage Racing G.Wood/D.Wood KTM X-Bow GT2 I 2:09.4189 +5.4620
16 55 Valmont Racing D.Padayachee/S.Pires Mercedes AMG GT3 AAM 2:09.4550 +5.4981
17 95 MARC Cars Australia G.Taunton/J.Camilleri MARC II V8 I 2:10.7275 +6.7706
18 52 Wheels/ FX Racing PNG Keith Kassulke MARC II V8 I 2:14.2927 +10.3358
19 11 Our Kloud-UpTo11 Motorsport I.Padayachee/E.Constantindis/A.Zerefos Porsche 991 GT3 Gen II C 2:21.5993 +17.6424

Just read that non Antipodeans can watch all of the Bathurst 12 Hour action live and free on https://motorsport.tv/ (not available to viewers in Australia and New Zealand).

In Addition SRO’s GT WORLD YouTube Channel ( https://www.youtube.com/gtworld ) will stream the event in its entirety.

International streaming will also be available via several other locations, including the Bathurst 12 Hour website and Facebook page.
Click this link for details https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/news/ ... t-12-hour/