The dumpster fire that is Motorsport Games

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

MonteCristo wrote: 5 months ago And worse it gets.
The decision Penske Entertainment didn’t want to make with its beleaguered video game vendor was made for it on Tuesday when Motorsport Games announced, “the suspension of the development of our previously planned INDYCAR game, to decrease operating expenses whilst also removing projects that are underperforming or are unlikely to generate revenue.”
https://racer.com/2023/11/07/motorsport ... ycar-game/
And worse! BTCC game also cancelled.

https://racinggames.gg/news/toca-termin ... ort-games/

This company sucked from the beginning and was never going to recover.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Looks like they'll get the Le Mans Ultimate game out at least, as a release date has been announced...Feb 7, 2024, I think it is.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

rF2 already has a more or less complete BTCC sim within it, so it is not all down the drain. However, the Indycar debacle is infuriating. They blocked iRacing and others from hosting Indycar related events, for what? An absolute shitshow. They've been cuckolding them and the whole simracing community, teasing us with something they could realistically never produce.

One side of me wants to f' em all to hell, other side of me wants to have that Le Mans game as good as it possibly can get.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
rsroy

Post by rsroy »

I do hope iRacing gets the IndyCar license back. Their platform worked well in the past.