[WEC/IMSA] 2021 - 2024 Hypercars LMH/LMDh (all Hypercar cars untill now)

WEC, Blancpain, Le Mans Series, Rolex and special events like the Le Mans 24h
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 9 months ago Lamborghini to launch LMDH Car Today at Goodwood

Lamborghini will reveal its LMDh race car at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed.
All I have seen so far is a video launch, but here is that video just released. Itt seems to me to be as much a launch of the project, much of which is PR Guff, but you fdo get to see the car. At least it isnt renders but looks at the car are often glimpses. There are some full shots though.

Looks better than the renders we have seen so far thats for sure.. It is the official video released by Lamborghini Squadra Corse

It was sort of known but they do confirm the 4 drivers for next year as Grosjean and Kvyat plus Mirko Bortolotti and Andrea Cordorelli

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

This version has a bit more content, an 18 minute reveal of the Lambo.

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Good looking car. And nice livery.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 9 months ago Glickenhaus: Funding to pay for Upgrades Needed to Continue into 2024

Sadly Glickenhaus could disappear from the WEC grid after the end of this season, if not before....

Sadly Jim G cant even guarantee being at Bahrain or Fuji at the end of the year. Hopefully he can pull some irons out of the fire, because much as its nice to see all the factory Toyotas, Porsches, Peugeots, Cadillacs, Ferraris (and more in the pipeline) its always great to have a capable underdog in amongst them.......

.....He says that the end of the year (Fuji iand Bahrain) is not confirmed as yet. He needs to hurry up and decide given, although the events are not until mid Sept (Fuji) and November for Bahrain, that the WEC’s sea-freight containers in which teams put their cars and equipment in are due to leave shortly.

A WEC spokesperson said that freight for the overseas journey will be loaded on July 17-18, with the boat departing for Japan a day later.

:fingers: :fingers: :fingers: that Glick can find some generous sponsorship.

Not looking good for Glickenhaus. Confirmed now that they will nott be making the trip to Japan.

Glickenhaus to skip Fuji, WEC future in doubt

The future of the Glickenhaus Racing squad in the World Endurance Championship appears to be in doubt after a decision to skip the next round at Fuji in September.

Team founder Jim Glickenhaus has stuck to his vow not to continue in the series this year with his Pipo-engined 007 Le Mans Hypercar without sponsorship.

No funding was forthcoming before the freight left by sea this week for the Asian leg of the WEC comprising the Fuji 6 Hours on 10 September and then the eight-hour fixture in Bahrain on 4 November.

Glickenhaus hasn’t ruled out rejoining the WEC with its solo full-season entry for the finale in Bahrain, but he appeared pessimistic that sponsorship can be found in time.
“I’ve said that unless we find serious sponsorship that would allow us to continue this year in a good way and then go on into next year, then it makes no sense for us to continue,”

“Bahrain is still a possibility for us because we are still talking to people.

“But if we don’t get something in place for then, I’d say it’s very unlikely that we’d get something for next year, though it’s not over ’til it’s over."

“I think the days of the privateer are numbered.”
The only glimmer of hope for next year is that last year Glick didnt run at Fuji or Bahrain, and then come December lodged a single car entry for the year plus the double entry for Le Mans.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

OK Some news on progress of the Alpine and its A424 LMDh

But this story is slightly different to other recent Alpine news in other categories... the only firing here revolves around the firing up of the engine and its positive progression as a project. All the pieces and components are in place, what testing that can be done virtually has been and actual shakedown testing is imminent.

I have to say as a look it is quite tasty and I hope the look is transformed into performance.

I like the way the rear lights form the Alpine logo.

First Shakedown Imminent For Alpine A424 LMDh
French manufacturer Alpine’s forthcoming full-season programme in the FIA WEC’s Hypercar category is coming together fast. Its new A424 LMDh has completed a successful fire-up ahead of its first shakedown test.

The car, which was revealed at Le Mans with the presentation of the A424_β showcar, completed its first fire up on July 5th. Behind the scenes, the car’s 675bhp single-turbocharged 3.4-litre V6 has spent time running on dynos and Alpine says is close to finalising its configuration after extensive work with partner Mecachrome.

The engine is now also coupled to an Xtrac gearbox, which recently arrived at partner ORECA’s workshops to be integrated into the first A424 chassis. After it arrived in Signes, the team focused on finalising the assembly, validating the electrical, electronic and hybrid systems and the A424’s operating procedures.

In addition, the team has also been completing simulator sessions to work on its onboard software and tyres ahead of its first shakedown on track. An initial simulation of its racing processes that focused on the car’s configuration, data, telemetry and communications, was also conducted over two days on the sim.

The next major step for the car is its first two shakedowns, which will take place this month.

Following the two planned runs, the Signatech team, with assistance from Alpine’s Racing engineering staff, will take the A424 out for its first major test. Before the end of the year, Alpine is set to run the car at Circuit Paul Ricard, Motorland Aragón, Jerez and Portimão.

Alpine will also be working on the car’s final homologation as 2024 approaches, in collaboration with the FIA and IMSA.

“We are really looking forward to seeing the Alpine A424 on track for the first time,” said Bruno Famin, the vice president of Alpine Motorsports.

“It will really come to life after months of hard work behind the scenes by the Alpine Racing teams alongside our partners. The programme is proceeding according to plan, with the first fire-up and our first simulator sessions.

“We are now entering a phase where the target is to understand our package so that we can fine-tune it, improve its reliability, optimise it in all areas and evaluate our different technical options. The steps we have already taken were only the first milestones, and the bulk of the work remains.

“The Alpine Racing and Signatech teams will use all their recognised skills to launch this development process over the summer and beyond.”
. https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/08/ ... -lmdh.html,

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Short video of the Lambo SC63 testing at Imola.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Much better coverage of the Lambo Imola test, this one in proper landscape not portrait mode.... and over four minutes long
Finally, here we are; Lamborghini has begun the long period of testing on the new SC63 LMDh, which in 2024 will take part in the WEC endurance world championship. After a first static presentation in the world preview at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, it's time to get on track for the "refinement" work and define all the aspects leading the car to homologation and participation in the 2024 competitions. A welcome surprise of Imola allowed us to hear the sound of the 3.8-Liter twin-turbo V8 engine, which, in combination with the electric module, develops 680 hp and is coupled to the seven-speed X-Trac sequential gearbox. With a carbon fibre monocoque chassis produced by Ligier and the external body panels, also in carbon, the car weighs only 1,090 kg. At the wheel for these tests, we find two of the six official drivers, Andrea Caldarelli and Mirko Bortolotti. Enjoy! 😉

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 9 months ago
Glickenhaus: Funding to pay for Upgrades Needed to Continue into 2024

Sadly Glickenhaus could disappear from the WEC grid after the end of this season, if not before....

Sadly Jim G cant even guarantee being at Bahrain or Fuji at the end of the year. Hopefully he can pull some irons out of the fire, because much as its nice to see all the factory Toyotas, Porsches, Peugeots, Cadillacs, Ferraris (and more in the pipeline) its always great to have a capable underdog in amongst them.......

.....He says that the end of the year (Fuji iand Bahrain) is not confirmed as yet. He needs to hurry up and decide given, although the events are not until mid Sept (Fuji) and November for Bahrain, that the WEC’s sea-freight containers in which teams put their cars and equipment in are due to leave shortly.

A WEC spokesperson said that freight for the overseas journey will be loaded on July 17-18, with the boat departing for Japan a day later.

:fingers: :fingers: :fingers: that Glick can find some generous sponsorship.

Just thought I would add that Jim G has just had his pockets given a bit of a fill..... HHe just sold his Ferrari 412P at auction for 30 million bucks.

Here is the car background. https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-tr ... nsive-car/

Edit: Found the sale details and info https://www.classic-car-auctions.info/r ... odge-2023/

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Whoops. Someone made a mess of a Lambo SC63 at Ricard today.....

erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

An off at Signes is not what you want at Paul Ricard. If it reached the barrier, it must have been a very heavy one. And probably ran the non-chicane version of the Mistral Straight.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

And now the Alpine A424 LMDH breaks cover at Ricard. Spy footage has been published of the Alpine running for the first time by twitter user @Monac_inc.

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 8 months ago Whoops. Someone made a mess of a Lambo SC63 at Ricard today.....

More info re the Lambo off, albeit sketchy. From DSC
Unfortunately, Lamborghini’s track time at Paul Ricard was cut short after a significant incident. DSC received a ‘no comment’ from Lamborghini Squadra Corse in response to a request for details.

Screen grabs from circuit CCTV showed the car to have been substantially damaged by an impact with the barriers at Turn 11.

There is no official word on either the car or the driver, understood to have been Mirko Bortolotti.

DSC will not be reporting on information received from unofficial sources.

In addition to his LMDh testing role this year with Lamborghini, Bortolotti is the current DTM Championship leader and also a full-season FIA WEC contender with Prema in LMP2.

He is one of four confirmed drivers for the Lamborghini Hypercar/GTP effort, which will see the SC63 compete in the full 2024 FIA WEC season and the IMSA Endurance Cup races after Daytona.
. https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/08/ ... sting.html

erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Livery reveal for guess who..... :wink:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Some more pics. These indicate that they are images taken at Ricard last week prior to Botolottis crash at Signes.
There has been pretty much zero comms since then from Lambo about that setback, but it seems that it was a fairly substantial hit, if only from the fact it was at the high speed Signes / Beausset area and the post crash spy photos that surfaced. They showed fragments of lime green bodywork.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Isotta Fraschini plans two-car WEC Hypercar entry for 2024

The revived Isotta Fraschini marque could be represented by two cars when it joins the World Endurance Championship with partner team Vector Sport next year.

The British squad has revealed an intention to file entries for two Isotta Fraschini Tipo 6 Competizione Le Mans Hypercars for the 2024 WEC.

Vector team principal Gary Holland said
“We will be making two entries before the closing date in November and we hope and are hopeful that we will be granted them.

“We believe that we will bring something to the championship, be a credible player and certainly won’t be running around at the back of the field.

“But we understand the pressure on WEC entries for next year and will respect the entry process and whatever decision the organisers make.”

Holland explained that it made sense for Vector, which is moving up to the Hypercar class from LMP2, to run two cars if possible for multiple reasons.

“Our partnership with Isotta and Michelotto Engineering [which has led development of the Tipo 6] is strong enough to allow us to run two cars.

“It doubles the data you can gather over a race weekend and allows you to score more manufacturers’ points.”