2020 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

So the season at this stage does not start until May when the Spanish GP is to be run at Jerez.. The MotGP teams will be busy at the back end of the year with two lots of 3 races on consecutive weekends......The Valencia finale will now take place on 29 November, which means two triple-header runs of races end the season, with Austin, Argentina and Valencia following the traditional Japan, Australia, Malaysia triple-header - which, in turn, follows back-to-back events in Aragon and Thailand.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

That's not unusual. Look at some of the schedules in the seventies, they used to run five or six consecutive weekends, then. And, of course, if there was no WC event, they'd be running internationals in between. It's only a relatively recent phenomenon that professional racers have every second weekend off.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Iannone slapped with an 18 month ban for steroid use.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

John wrote: 4 years ago Iannone slapped with an 18 month ban for steroid use.
Doesn't he realise he's on the wrong type of bike for that shit? Just hit the weights room naturally.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

DoubleFart wrote: 4 years ago
John wrote: 4 years ago Iannone slapped with an 18 month ban for steroid use.
Doesn't he realise he's on the wrong type of bike for that shit? Just hit the weights room naturally.
We're talking Andrea Iannone after all. By all accounts not the sharpest mind in the paddock.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Jack Miller confirmed at the works Ducati team for 2021

Jack Miller will step up to the factory Ducati team for the 2021 season, with an option to extend his stay by a further year.

After jumping from Moto3 to MotoGP Jack spent three seasons as a Honda-contracted rider with LCR and Marc VDS, with whom he claimed a win at the 2016 Dutch TT.... the first MotoGP race in the Netherlands not to be held on its traditional Saturday slot - 167 grands prix had passed since a rider on a satellite machine had taken MotoGP win. Plus we saw the first 'shoey' on the podium, a move which Danny Ric ultimately did to death in F1.

For 2018, Miller moved to the Pramac Ducati squad and enjoyed his best season to date in MotoGP class last year when he guided his GP19 to five podiums finishes and eighth in the standings. Plus a few crashes.

After Ducati's main targets for a 2021 ride in Maverick Vinales, Fabio Quartararo and Joan Mir slipped through its fingers, Miller became favourite to move into the factory team. Dovi is still in negotiations for the other Ducati works seat.
Re Miller's appointment....
Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicalli said: "We are convinced that Jack has everything to be able to continuously fight for important positions, in every race, starting this season, and to take a big step forward next year thanks to the full support of the Ducati team."

The identity of Miller's 2021 team-mate is yet to be confirmed, as talks between Ducati and Andrea Dovizioso are still at an impasse.

The issue is thought to be down to the financial side of Dovizioso's deal, with Ducati keen to avoid big money offers in light of impending financial crisis as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/1 ... ad-in-2021

The vacant Pramac Ducati has been linked to Moto2 fronrtunners Enea Bastianini and Jorge Martin in recent weeks - though team boss Francesco Guidotti recently admitted it would be a "miracle" if Ducati could sign Martin.

Danilo Petrucci has been linked to a move to World Superbikes with Ducati, though an Aprilia MotoGP switch has also been rumoured should Andrea Iannone's 18-month doping ban not be overturned.

caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Andrea Dovizioso had a crash during a motocross race and he injured his collar bone. His injure requires immediate surgery. This puts a question mark on his participation for the first event of the season the next 19 july
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

According to his surgeon Dovi will be able to get on board of the bike in 10 days. Good news
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yeah I think that was the reason for the instant same day surgery.... not because it was a serious injury, just to give a simple surgery time to heal

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Honda confirms Espargaro for 2021 MotoGP season, Crutchlow to leave LCR

Honda has officially announced it has signed Pol Espargaro for the 2021 MotoGP season, while Cal Crutchlow has been moved aside at LCR to make way for Alex Marquez.

Honda has also confirmed it will be moving Alex Marquez out of the factory squad next season and placing him at LCR with factory support through 2022.

Marquez will replace three-time MotoGP race winner Crutchlow, who now faces an uncertain future.

Crutchlow joined LRC and Honda in 2015 following a tough campaign with Ducati the year before, and signed directly to HRC for the 2018 campaign.

Since 2018, Crutchlow has been the only other Honda rider to have won on the difficult RC213V and get it onto the other podium places other than Marc Marquez.

Crutchlow's 2021 options are now severely limited, with only Ducati and Aprilia yet to fully firm up its rosters.

Talks between Andrea Dovizioso and Ducati have stalled again, while uncertainty surrounds the second Aprilia seat alongside Aleix Espargaro while Andrea Iannone awaits to see if his appeal to have an 18-month doping ban overturned is successful.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Hang on. Alex Marquez is being moved out of the factory team next year before he has even had a single race with them???
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Hang on. Alex Marquez is being moved out of the factory team next year before he has even had a single race with them???
The implication is from what I can make out is he got the Repsol seat alongside his brother for one year as part of a sweetener deal to retain MM93 on a new long term deal which was then signed. He is also being moved to LCR with full factory support which I guess means works machinery.
The reigning Moto2 champion, who was signed to Honda to replace the retired Jorge Lorenzo at the end of last year and is thought to have been a key bargaining chip in HRC securing Marc for four more years, is yet to turn a wheel in his rookie campaign.

"I am very proud to announce my renewal with Honda Racing Corporation," Alex Marquez said.

"HRC gave me the opportunity to arrive in MotoGP and I am glad to join the LCR Honda Team at the end of 2020 and compete in a big team with great experience in MotoGP.

"I want to thank HRC and the LCR Honda Team for their trust in me to be able to continue in the Honda family and I will work hard to prove their confidence with results.
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/1 ... otogp-exit

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

MotoGP is back this weekend.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yeah after a long lay off of motorsport we now have , F1, V8SC plus both their feeder supports, Indycar Moto GP.... too much already! Hardly got time for a pee, let alone eat :haha: :haha:

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Quartararo on pole, nast off for Rins right at the end of qually. Hope he is ok for the race.

Marquez though looking the strongest of all so far, despite meh Q effort.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Cheeveer wrote: 3 years ago ......nasty off for Rins right at the end of qually. Hope he is ok for the race.
I read it was a dislocated and fractured shoulder.... he has been ruled unfit to race. It has been relocated but he is in Jerez hospital for MRI scans to evaluate tendon damage. Could be back in action next weekend if no further damage found.