Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

IOM TT Course for GPL released

Post by PTRACER »

15+ years in the making. It took me 20 minutes to get round the first lap (which I actually recorded with Action! and will post later). Would love to know @Andy's thoughts on this recreation.

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

A modern 600 goes sub 20 ;)
But you do well , really !

It will be interesting to see the video
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Andy wrote: 4 years ago A modern 600 goes sub 20 ;)
But you do well , really !

It will be interesting to see the video
What's the record? 16-something?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Outright lap record has been set by Peter Hickman aboard a BMW S1000RR in 16:42.778 min (135.452mph / 217.989km/h) in the final lap of the 2018 Senior race.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago 15+ years in the making. It took me 20 minutes to get round the first lap (which I actually recorded with Action! and will post later). Would love to know @Andy's thoughts on this recreation.

Halfway down Bray Hill though the walls look a bit different in reality.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

I wonder though, if course alterations had been built in or if places like Quarry Bends or Brandish look like before they were altered.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Andy wrote: 4 years ago I wonder though, if course alterations had been built in or if places like Quarry Bends or Brandish look like before they were altered.
He started the build in maybe 2004-5, so I can't answer that! I have one shit video of me crashing. I'm going to try and record a fast lap tomorrow and upload it. I've managed to drop my laptime down to 18 minutes now with one or two spins. This course is so ballsy. I'm 2 minutes off the motorcycle WR and yet I'm taking turns at 190mph and going full throttle for almost a whole minute in some places. How fast are these top guys going?!

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago
Andy wrote: 4 years ago I wonder though, if course alterations had been built in or if places like Quarry Bends or Brandish look like before they were altered.
He started the build in maybe 2004-5, so I can't answer that! I have one shit video of me crashing. I'm going to try and record a fast lap tomorrow and upload it. I've managed to drop my laptime down to 18 minutes now with one or two spins. This course is so ballsy. I'm 2 minutes off the motorcycle WR and yet I'm taking turns at 190mph and going full throttle for almost a whole minute in some places. How fast are these top guys going?!
Superbikes are doing around 190 mph at the end of Sulby 'Straight' but some say that this isn't the fastet bit of the course. In fact, my mate, a local former MGP winner, calls the bit from Creg-ny-Baa to Brandish the fastest stretch by far.
I usually marshal at Quarry Bends, the start into Sulby 'Straight', and the riders claim about 140 mph through the Bends ! Not too bad a speed for a series of corners :haha:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Andy wrote: 4 years ago
Superbikes are doing around 190 mph at the end of Sulby 'Straight' but some say that this isn't the fastet bit of the course. In fact, my mate, a local former MGP winner, calls the bit from Creg-ny-Baa to Brandish the fastest stretch by far.
I usually marshal at Quarry Bends, the start into Sulby 'Straight', and the riders claim about 140 mph through the Bends ! Not too bad a speed for a series of corners :haha:
Let's just say that driving it myself has completely opened my eyes up to how amazing it is. Maybe Creg-ny-Baa to Brandish is fastest in real life, but in GPL, it's the Crosby (?) part of the course.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Need to get GPL working again!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Andy wrote: 4 years ago
Let's just say that driving it myself has completely opened my eyes up to how amazing it is. Maybe Creg-ny-Baa to Brandish is fastest in real life, but in GPL, it's the Crosby (?) part of the course.
Well, in Crosby you come past a pub on right hand side before you reach the so called Crosby Leap, a crest where the motorcycles produce mad wheelies.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Cheeveer wrote: 4 years ago Need to get GPL working again!
If you got a CD, look for the GPLPS installer else go 2004 demo and work from there. Let me know if you need help
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I have had GPL installed since 1998. Issue is that it won't detect 3 different controllers (my G25 wheel, Thrustmaster pedals and gear stick).
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 4 years ago I have had GPL installed since 1998. Issue is that it won't detect 3 different controllers (my G25 wheel, Thrustmaster pedals and gear stick).
I use a G25 with Fanatec CSL pedals. The game has no problem with that. Do you have GPL Shift installed? That should allow you to connect your stick as a third controller.

sebbbl
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Grand Prix Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari 312T
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber
Favourite Circuit: AVUS
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Focus

Post by sebbbl »

sebbbl wrote: 8 years ago Coming down Bray Hill at 241 km/h...
PTRACER wrote: 8 years ago Is that the IOM that has been out for 10+ years?
sebbbl wrote: 8 years ago Yes, it's the downscaled one. Still fun to drive after watching the video...

I think they are working on the full track.

And here we are at 286 km/h - what a track!