F1 2023 stuff not worthy of it's own thread

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hehehe but 2014 Nico got 11, Lewis only 8 and Massa got 1 pole lap

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Isn't Massa's pole where both Mercs threw themselves off the track?

I can think of one instance in three seasons where Max has crashed on a Quali lap. Lewis definitely has two in that time, three if you count his in lap at Sochi. The wall gave him no space man!
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Y 2008 in retrospect.

Jean Todt:
“Maybe we (the FIA) could have been tougher when the story came out. There is no doubt that the Singapore Grand Prix was rigged and should have been cancelled,” the Frenchman maintained.
https://www.grandprix247.com/2023/12/07 ... as-rigged/

An assertion of this kind begs a question, namely, if this happened once, how many other cases occurred and were blotted up by BE, MM, and people like those two?

Regardless of polemics, and despite my feelings of sorry for Massa, this is a "can of worms" that cannot be open if we want to preserve our collective sanity.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Aty wrote: 4 months ago Y 2008 in retrospect.

Jean Todt:
“Maybe we (the FIA) could have been tougher when the story came out. There is no doubt that the Singapore Grand Prix was rigged and should have been cancelled,” the Frenchman maintained.

An assertion of this kind begs a question, namely, if this happened once, how many other cases occurred and were blotted up by BE, MM, and people like those two?

Regardless of polemics, and despite my feelings of sorry for Massa, this is a "can of worms" that cannot be open if we want to preserve our collective sanity.
I haven't commented much on this story but I find it embarrassing. Massa lost that championship by himself and they are never going to overturn the result 15 years later. I think it's a bit "ugh" if he thinks winning a championship that way is good.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

PTRACER wrote: 4 months ago
Aty wrote: 4 months ago Y 2008 in retrospect.

Jean Todt:

I haven't commented much on this story but I find it embarrassing. Massa lost that championship by himself and they are never going to overturn the result 15 years later. I think it's a bit "ugh" if he thinks winning a championship that way is good.
I think Massa is seeking (delayed) justice, however for practical reasons he might be better off to forget this page of his life.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

I've been seeing bits and pieces about this in the media. I didn't really fully understand why Toto and Susie Wolff were being investigated, and nor do they, but apparently it's all over now. It was a storm in a teacup to some degree, but what it has managed to do is unite all the teams in F1. I know, we never saw that coming did we?

Here is the story about it that explains it way better than I can. It does seem like things haven't been good at the FIA since Jean Todt stepped down and we got Mohammed Ben Sulayem in charge instead.
It hasn't been a great last few years for the relationship between Formula 1 and its governing body, the FIA. From passive-aggressive remarks to not being on the same page about key matters, diplomacy has suffered since Mohammed Ben Sulayem replaced Jean Todt in late 2021. The latest scandal surrounding a surprise FIA investigation involving Toto and Susie Wolff—and its sudden squashing of it—is amplifying this animosity to new levels.

It all started when the FIA was allegedly tipped off by a report in the Business F1 magazine, and issued a press release Tuesday announcing an investigation into a leak of confidential information. Specifically, the information in question was said to have been divulged "to an F1 team principal from a member of FOM personnel." More specifically, it accused Susie of sharing sensitive F1 (FOM) information with her husband Toto, an F1 team principal.

According to F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali and most F1 team bosses, they were all blindsided by the announcement and quickly moved to denounce it. Susie, who has held many roles within F1 and currently reports to Domenicali as F1 Academy managing director, promptly issued a statement claiming the FIA's behavior was "intimidatory and misogynistic," adding that she was "deeply insulted and sadly surprised" by the allegations.

Within hours of Wolff's statement, F1 teams began a campaign in support of the influential couple, claiming to not have any involvement in the alleged reporting of wrongdoing to the FIA. By the end of Wednesday, all 10 F1 teams had joined in solidarity in ways that frankly have never been seen before.

The F1 teams' collective agreement and the industry's support for the Wolffs put enormous pressure on the FIA who was already struggling to justify the suspicious investigation. It even struggled to identify the source of the rumor that triggered the events, claiming it was a Motorsport.com report involving Toto, while many outlets pointed back to the Business F1 magazine.

Less than 48 hours after announcing the investigation, the FIA moved to drop the whole deal, claiming that it was satisfied no conflicts of interest were taking place between FOM personnel and a team principal. Just like that, it all went away. Well, specifically, the FIA said this:

"Following a review of Formula One Management's F1 Code of Conduct and F1 Conflict of Interest Policy and confirmation that appropriate protective measures are in place to mitigate any potential conflicts, the FIA is satisfied that FOM's compliance management system is robust enough to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of confidential information. The FIA can confirm that there is no ongoing investigation in terms of ethical or disciplinary inquiries involving any individual. As the regulator, the FIA has a duty to maintain the integrity of global motorsport. The FIA reaffirms its commitment to integrity and fairness."

The original investigation seemed sketchy at best, but the backpedaling of it speaks volumes to the tension between the FIA and Formula 1. In a sport that's already lacking transparency and fair marshaling, and appears to be torn between its commercial rights holder and its governing body, this latest snafu shows that all is not well.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/fias-wolf ... dium=email
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

We heard you (Aty and many others) and we responded:
Revealed: The FIA's radical plan for lighter and shorter cars in 2026

The new generation of F1 cars will be introduced in 2026. The cars will be smaller, lighter and more agile, as explained by Single Seater Director at the FIA, Nicolas Tombazis.
https://racingnews365.com/revealed-new- ... ula-1-cars

My Christmas wish has been answered?
Simple Thank You is not reflecting correctly and sufficiently my delight.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Reflecting on the season in an interview with DAZN, Stella said “My top three drivers with the same cars would be Max Verstappen, Lando Norris and Fernando Alonso.”
Missing in his litany: Hamilton, Russell, Leclerc, Perez, Sainz...naming a few drivers. I wonder if such question - name the best - actually serves to any purpose (other than making a few chaps miserable). Choice of Alonso is really an odd one.
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

Well we all know Red Bull won pretty much everything in sight. They put up a picture of all their trophies in 2023, so here it is:

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Star wrote: 4 months ago Well we all know Red Bull won pretty much everything in sight. They put up a picture of all their trophies in 2023, so here it is:

If Perez was less rubbish (eg: same number of podiums as Max - not saying he would beat him), they would have had 8 more podiums and trophies!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

An article about Anderstorp, a filming day with RBR and David Coulthard, it's F1 heritage, and its future which is, guess what, under threat from people complaining about the noise. And guess what, this is a quote from a complaint:
– Ibland låter det så tandborstarna skakar i tandborstglasen. Men man stänger fönstren, lär sig ignorera, säger hon medan ljudet från banan hörs som en bisvärm som flyger nära.

Hon medger att hon visste att banan fanns där när de flyttade dit.
Google translate:
- Sometimes it sounds like the toothbrushes are shaking in the toothbrush glass. But you close the windows, learn to ignore, she says while the sound from the track is heard like a swarm of bees flying close by.

She admits she knew the track was there when they moved there.
So she willingly moved there. And has the audacity to be surprised to what she knew was there. Sigh. :nuts:
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

People like that make me angry too, why move there if you knew it was going to be annoying?

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Where is the full list of registrants for F1-2024 season? I was under impression that 15th Dec was a deadline when FiA must publish who is racing next season.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

No surprises then. I am not on any social platforms, and in FiA news this was not posted there.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Aty wrote: 4 months ago No surprises then. I am not on any social platforms, and in FiA news this was not posted there.
The surprise is that Scuderia AlphaTauri as a name remains, albeit with the addition of the letters RB..... and not the much suggested name change to "Racing Bulls"

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always