CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

That's awesome news! But he should be in F1.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

kals wrote: 5 years ago That's awesome news! But he should be in F1.
They got the wrong man.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

John wrote: 5 years ago
kals wrote: 5 years ago That's awesome news! But he should be in F1.
They got the wrong man.
F1's loss is Indycar's gain.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

I'm sorry but I don't see anything special in Rosenqvist. Definitely not F1 material IMO and I don't see how he can be any better than Ed Jones at Ganassi.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Vassago wrote: 5 years ago I'm sorry but I don't see anything special in Rosenqvist. Definitely not F1 material IMO and I don't see how he can be any better than Ed Jones at Ganassi.
Came within a cancelled race of winning the Super Formula title, sitting neck and neck with Gasly up until then. 3rd in FE last year, only 6th or so this year but with an ungodly amount of points left on the table due to retirements. Three wins in 11 races in Indy Lights, and a test with Chip that allegedly made Chip wanting to sign him straight away.

Dominated the 2015 Euro F3 championship with 13 wins and 20 podiums in total. Add two wins at Macau and a Masters of F3 win.

He's a damn sight more talented than half the current F1 grid. If Gasly can hack it in F1, so can Felix.
Last edited by John 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Vassago wrote: 5 years ago I'm sorry but I don't see anything special in Rosenqvist. Definitely not F1 material IMO and I don't see how he can be any better than Ed Jones at Ganassi.
Rosenqvist has got quite the record in junior formulae, winning titles at almost every level and winning races in pretty much every single seater catagory he's entered. From what I've seen his only limiting factor was staying in Euro F3 for as long as he did. Yet he still walked away with a Masters title, 2 x Macau GP wins, and 3-2-1 placings in Euro F3.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

kals wrote: 5 years ago
Rosenqvist has got quite the record in junior formulae, winning titles at almost every level and winning races in pretty much every single seater catagory he's entered. From what I've seen his only limiting factor was staying in Euro F3 for as long as he did. Yet he still walked away with a Masters title, 2 x Macau GP wins, and 3-2-1 placings in Euro F3.
His main limiting factor is his complete lack of sponsorship, really. In a way, he should be saluted for it, but if you don't have an affiliate with an F1 team, you're toast, really. He would have moved up if he'd been able to secure a F2 team that didn't need a paycheck. Alas...

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Yeah, I know all the numbers but F3 and Macau have dropped off the boil big time in recent years, it's no longer a premier indicator who's really talented out there. Dominating F3 in his fourth full season? Nope, that doesn't cut it for me at all.

The guy's like Alex Smith in the NFL. He may post all the right numbers but he's NOT the guy you want if you think Super Bowl.

I'd be amazed if he even gets a single podium at Ganassi next season. Probably a reliable Top 10 guy but that's it. He gives me the Minassian vibe rather than Montoya.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Vassago wrote: 5 years ago
The guy's like Alex Smith in the NFL. He may post all the right numbers but he's NOT the guy you want if you think Super Bowl.
Trying my hardest not to make a Kaepernick joke here...

But what do you want the guy to do? He can't do much more besides than deliver in the car he's currently in.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Most exciting news for Swedish motorsport in a long, long time! :thumbsup:
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Good news.

This thread will have more action next year :P.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

John wrote: 5 years ago
Vassago wrote: 5 years ago
Trying my hardest not to make a Kaepernick joke here...

But what do you want the guy to do? He can't do much more besides than deliver in the car he's currently in.
There's nothing he can do :tongue: He's 27, it's not like he's gonna set the world on fire to uncover his elite talent. Many people thought Ed Jones will actually do a lot better than he eventually did. This is a sidestep for Ganassi at best but maybe he really should have signed him two years ago already. Kanaan proved to be a complete waste in 2017 and Jones a mere fill-in as it turned out to be.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

But remember that Ed wasn't even Chip's second option for the #10 car. Chip wanted to sign Felix last year, but his FE contract with Mahindra stopped it. Chip then of course wanted Hartley, but when that was scrapped, he went with his third choice, Ed Jones. Perhaps suggesting that Ed wasn't that highly thought of by Chip either.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

John wrote: 5 years ago But remember that Ed wasn't even Chip's second option for the #10 car. Chip wanted to sign Felix last year, but his FE contract with Mahindra stopped it. Chip then of course wanted Hartley, but when that was scrapped, he went with his third choice, Ed Jones. Perhaps suggesting that Ed wasn't that highly thought of by Chip either.
Exactly. Ed didn’t do a bad job considering he was third choice and effectively just a temporary solution. 26 isn’t THAT old, he’s still got plenty of time in his hands to be successful and be the a future star of Ganassi and Indycar.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Whoa! Where do I sign for the Felix Fan Club here? You'd think the guy's the second coming of Ronnie Peterson judging by some of the comments here! For me, he's more like Marcus Ericsson 2.0 tbh. Very overhyped.

But you never know, even Charlie Kimball had like one season with Ganassi where he looked half-decent.