Shane Byrne Huge crash in testing at Snetterton.

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motogp and WSBK + everythin classic
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T
Favourite Driver: Kevin Schwantz
Favourite Circuit: VIR

Shane Byrne Huge crash in testing at Snetterton.

Post by mattia2 »

Today, Shane Byrne himself realesed this statement via the Facebook page of the British Superbike Championship:

"Update time.. apologies for putting this out so late but here's where I'm at.. I have 2 bruised lungs, all of my ribs fractured, 4 broken vertabrae, a broken neck in 2 places, broken septum, collarbone, multiple other back fractures, fortunately no paralysis which was a big bonus as paralysis was a major issue and concern, the 1 at question from my surgeon after seeing my x-rays was how on earth are you not paralysed! His operation to fix the back and neck ran obvious risks of paralysis potentially coming back in the mix, fortunately the op went very well.

I’m now pretty sore and beaten up but a rehab and recovery program always starts the instant a crash ends, it's a long road ahead but for once I got a great start and can't thank all of you for your confirmation support throughout these difficult time.

There are so many people to thank, Marshalls, medics, team members, friends, fans, family that I really don't know where to start, a massive shout-out to my amazing wife Petra though, she is my world, my everything and never ever stops being by my side whilst bringing up or children being a mum to them then running around like a headless chicken after me, thank you all so much for the support, See you soon when hopefully I'll be feeling substantially better than I do right now, apologies again for the delayed update, I need a nap now, that's knackered me lol"

To me it's unbeliavable that he's still alive. It's just impossible.
If you find some photos or even a video, please post it down below.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

thx for the update.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."