WTCC, BTCC, DTM and Aussie V8s
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
Cheeveer wrote:Won't watch live, but definitely looking forward to this one. Can it top last years race?
Had to have a chuckle in P1 which has recently finished..... Whincup, who was repeatedly told to watch his fuel but ignored team orders to run out of fuel towards the end of the last lap was sent out on very low fuel at the end.... not so much to set a time but to determine how far the car will run on reserve before coughing and spluttering!
Haha! That gotta sting.

Will be cheering on the Volvos and Lowndes of course, and also the Holden of Holdsworth and Seabass and the Supergirls entry. Relieved that they are somewhat on the pace, haven't heard much good about Renee Grace, but I hope de Silvestro can show her worth.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Mostert has had a massive accident in qualifying and has suffered a broken upper left leg and wrist. Suffice to say, the car is royally fucked, so even if they can get another driver the car won't be racing on Sunday. A marshal has apparently (note the apparently) been hurt as well, fortunately he is apparently breathing and conscious.

Video here:
Last edited by Guest 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced with a new video following removal of the original from YouTube
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

A frightening accident which has led to a complete red flag. The car is totalled, and it was a big hit, but the main worry is with Chaz of whose condition is currently sketchy with only vague reports from officials.

He appeared to misjudge the inside wall at Skyline / The Dipper, glanced the wall and was deflected head on into the opposite barrier where the car broke up and crossed the track again before stopping.

It was as big an impact as I have seen at Bathurst for many years. The car is a complete basket / wheelbarrow case.

Aftermath image.
An update on Mostert confirms he is "conscious, breathing and talking but does have injuries". He's currently in the medical centre having been taken there by ambulance..

Edit: Mostert has been airlifted to Hospital. Thoughts and best wishes for his wellbeing. As reported above Chaz has a broken upper leg and arm is the initial report from Prodrive. It seems the gearlever broke his leg. Hopefully when we receive a full report of his injuries there will be nothing more than we already know of.

Track has been closed for the day with no further activities. (Other than repairs to barriers)

I guess Mostert will be out for the rest of this year anyway.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

As an aside from the major issue of the day, that of Mosterts crash and physical condition, the track was super fast, and in Practice Jamie Whincup bolted on a set of new tyres and went for a time..... the result was the first V8 Supercars lap at Mount Panorama in the 2:04s bracket. Officially it was a 2:04.9097. A mega lap without doubt.

Whincup’s record lap beat the new lap record set minutes before by DJR Team Penske’s Scott Pye. Pye had been the first to break Fabian Coulthard’s Thursday benchmark / record time with 2:05.2s seven minutes from the end.

Sadly with Mosterts crash and the track closure for the day we wont see any official qualifying for the record to be officially set, but there will be some form of qualy for the V8s tomorrow before the Top 10 run off. Hopefully conditions will be similar to today and not too much oil gets laid down by others.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

theracer120 wrote: A marshal has apparently (note the apparently) been hurt as well, fortunately he is apparently breathing and conscious.
Now confirmed 5 marshalls were injured, 4 with minor injuries and the fifth stable in Hospital.
Five marshals were also injured in the accident at Forrest’s Elbow. Four have minor injuries and a fifth has been been taken to hospital in a stable condition.
Mostert misjudged the run to the Elbow on his first flying lap of the session, clipping the wall on the left before subsequent heavy contact on both the right and left hand sides.
The car rode up the wall during the third impact, damaging fencing and a marshals’ post before coming to rest on the circuit.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Bloody hell that was a violent impact. Very unforgiving track, and a challenging section. I don't watch V8's these days, but when I did watch it I don't remember seeing so much damage after an accident.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Cheeveer wrote: Will be cheering on the Volvos and Lowndes of course, and also the Holden of Holdsworth and Seabass and the Supergirls entry. Relieved that they are somewhat on the pace, haven't heard much good about Renee Grace, but I hope de Silvestro can show her worth.
Dave Reynolds has his own opinion of the Supergirls entry.... and it just cost him $25,000 when he said it....
David Reynolds has been fined $25,000 for a ‘disgraceful’ comment about the Supergirls wildcard entry at Bathurst.
Reynolds referred to the Simona de Silvestro/Renee Gracie entry as the ‘pussy wagon’ during the post-practice press conference.
He later issued an apology for his comments regarding the Supergirls team, who are ironically also entered by Prodrive as is his Bottle O entry.
In a statement distributed by Prodrive Racing Australia, Reynolds apologised for his comment and says he will accept the fine and “any subsequent team sanctions”.

“I unreservedly apologise for a comment I made in a press conference earlier today in relation to my female team-mates,” he said.

“While it was intended to be humorous, I understand it has caused offence

“As I stated in the press conference I genuinely hope they perform well as they are both highly-talented as they showed today with their pace.

“We all get on very well and I’ve spent a lot of time with them this week helping them prepare for this race.

“People know I am a little left-of-centre with my humour but I understand today I took it too far.

“I have personally apologised to Renee and Simona and I fully accept the penalty handed down by V8 Supercars and any subsequent team sanctions.”
Shane van Gisbergen meanwhile offered to help pay the fine via Twitter. :wink:

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

For fucks sake, obviously some people don't have a sense of humour.

Wonder what would have happened had it been one of the girls referring to themselves as the pussy wagon? Bet that would have been fine of course.

That crash was brutal too, looks like the fence ripped the side off the car in the second impact.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Dickish comments is not welcome in this sport, take that shit somewhere else.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

It's only dickish if the recipient of the comment was offended, for all you know the girls could have laughed their arses off at it (my wife did) and it was some liberal looney male who assumed a woman would be offended that caused him that grief.

I mean nobody got offended at Alonso's comments about Manor, Manor just replied in kind and made him look a cock without having to resort to the 'oh my feeling were hurt by that innapropiate comment' lark.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Holy shit, that was a big impact. You can see in the onboard footage he broke his leg in the impact with the right hand wall, his leg was slammed into the gearstick.

I agree with Ian, Aussies are known for their don't-give-a-fuck sense of humour. $25,000 though, that's like £500 isn't it? :tongue:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

£12k if it's AUD roughly.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
theracer120 wrote: A marshal has apparently (note the apparently) been hurt as well, fortunately he is apparently breathing and conscious.
Now confirmed 5 marshalls were injured, 4 with minor injuries and the fifth stable in Hospital.
Five marshals were also injured in the accident at Forrest’s Elbow. Four have minor injuries and a fifth has been been taken to hospital in a stable condition.
Mostert misjudged the run to the Elbow on his first flying lap of the session, clipping the wall on the left before subsequent heavy contact on both the right and left hand sides.
The car rode up the wall during the third impact, damaging fencing and a marshals’ post before coming to rest on the circuit.
It looks like Mostart crashed into a complete marshal hut during his flight. Best wishes to those injured.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Just had one of the biggest crashes I've ever seen outside of NASCAR in the Aussie Race Cars race, a bit of bump drafting just before the chase went very wrong sending one of the cars into a multiple barrel roll, ended up going over the wall into someone's driveway then burst into flames.

Pic from Mattzell89 at TBK, I'll spoiler it just incase
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Here's a video, according to Fox Sports he is conscious.

Utterly massive accident. You have to wonder about running these cars at a place like this, then again several years ago one of these cars turned over about a dozen times at Winton.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Yeah it can happen anywhere, I remember John Mickell rolling one at Oulton about 20 times just a few hundred meters off the start of a race thanks to an awkward nudge.