WTCC, BTCC, DTM and Aussie V8s
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: British Touring Car Championship
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton

Post by Nononsensecapeesh »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Jake Hill wins the final race of the 2023 British Touring Car Championship.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Ash Sutton equals Andy Rouse and Colin Turkington's record of 4 British Touring Car titles and Alain Menu's record of 12 Wins in a season from 1997

First Driver's and Manufacturer's titles for Ford since 2000.

First winless season for Honda since 1995 and for the Independent drivers since 2003.

First season since 2008 not to produce a first time winner.

First defeat in the Manufacturer's Championship for BMW since 2015 and since 2014 for both BMW and Honda.

Ash Sutton sets a new record for the number of points in a season with 446, beating the previous record of 434 set by Turks in 2014.

ROLL ON 2024!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Haven't seen the BTCC for years. No way to watch it. No streams either.

Therefore i watch the British GT Championship.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

erwin greven wrote: 7 months ago Haven't seen the BTCC for years. No way to watch it. No streams either.

I have the same problem with the British GT Championship.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 7 months ago
erwin greven wrote: 7 months ago Haven't seen the BTCC for years. No way to watch it. No streams either.

Foxtel here stopped running BTCC here from lack of interest a couple of years ago. Even the ITV live stream here now is Geo Blocked even through a VPN.

British GT show a live broadcast link on their website. There is already a link up for the October 23rd meeting https://www.britishgt.com/watch-live

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 7 months ago

Foxtel here stopped running BTCC here from lack of interest a couple of years ago. Even the ITV live stream here now is Geo Blocked even through a VPN.

British GT show a live broadcast link on their website. There is already a link up for the October 23rd meeting https://www.britishgt.com/watch-live
Got it!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

I thought this worthy of mention, in a when is it all getting a bit silly..

Its in South American TCR so not on our doorstep but it just goes to show the limits people go to when it comes to trying to win a title. It hasnt gone as far as firing bullets at the drivers, but trying the burst a tyre or a radiator, enough to render the car a DNF. It seems this car the sharpshooter did not get the desired effect, but the fact is he tried. I thought first maybe they were being a bit dramatic and it might have been stones .... but they found a spent bullet!

Bullet holes found in Argentine touring car after race

The car being driven by eventual Turismo Nacional Argentina Class 3 champion Leonel Pernia was hit by multiple gunshots during the season finale.

Photographs from his MG-C Pergamino team show a bullet embedded in the radiator of his Ford Focus, while a headlight also sustained gunshot damage at Viedma, on November 18.

Pernia was unharmed, and not even aware of the incident until after the race.

“I called this conference due to the facts that are publicly known and reported by the Turismo Nacional organisation,” he said, according to Carburando.

“The mechanics found what seemed a bullet shot, so the team filed a report as soon as the team arrived in Pergamino and it was confirmed by an expert that there was not only one shot, but there were two, of which one still has the bullet embedded somewhere of the radiator.

“But hey, I don’t want to delve into details because it would be reckless on my part.”

APAT (Asociacion Pilotos Automoviles Turismo/’Association of Touring Car Drivers’) has confirmed that it will cooperate with investigations by local authorities.

Pernia, understandably, was left shaken by the incident.

“I went to fight for a championship in a car race and ended up with two gunshots, I have never experienced anything like,” the Argentine told campeones.com.ar.

“What happened chills the blood and has nothing to do with a gun, a bullet or a shot.

“It must be eradicated and the person responsible must be found and acted upon.

“In motorsport, we have to be united so that the truth is known and understand that you lose and win like in any sport.”
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/11/29/ca ... -car-race/

A couple of other pics.

rsroy

Post by rsroy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 7 months ago

I fondly remember the 90s with the BTCC being broadcasted on Eurosport. Haven't seen a single BTCC race since they lost the rights...
SAM_HBSK

Post by SAM_HBSK »

I never really had a interest in touring cars, apart from them popping up in the video games I played either myself or with dad and seeing clips in TV or on the net. Where would be a good spot to start? BTCC?
Cars. Bikes. Yay.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

SAM_HBSK wrote: 5 months ago I never really had a interest in touring cars, apart from them popping up in the video games I played either myself or with dad and seeing clips in TV or on the net. Where would be a good spot to start? BTCC?
Call me biased but I think Australian V8 Supercars is pretty good. It seems to have a number of fans in Europe as well so I guess im not alone. @Vassago, one of our Euro members here from a neighboring country to yo is a fairly keen follower. With the V8SC you can have races from 100klm Sprints right through to 500 klm and 1000klm Endurance (with co-driver) races. Plus of course the Bathurst 1000 klms is one of the most iconic events of International motor sport events with a history of over 70 years during which time it has catered for many types of touring cars from Improved Production through the brilliant Group C big V8 TCs to Group A and now exclusively for V8s. V8s. Of course being V8 the sounds are good and at Bathurst they reach speeds of 300kph. They compete for the ATCC (Australian Touring Car Championship)

Nowadays its run exclusively for Mustangs and Camaros,

There are heaps of videos of V8SC and its predecessors on youtube, or on the https://www.supercars.com/videos website.

Last years Bathurst. 1000 had a bit of everything....

SAM_HBSK

Post by SAM_HBSK »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 months ago
SAM_HBSK wrote: 5 months ago I never really had a interest in touring cars, apart from them popping up in the video games I played either myself or with dad and seeing clips in TV or on the net. Where would be a good spot to start? BTCC?
Call me biased but I think Australian V8 Supercars is pretty good. It seems to have a number of fans in Europe as well so I guess im not alone. @Vassago, one of our Euro members here from a neighboring country to yo is a fairly keen follower. With the V8SC you can have races from 100klm Sprints right through to 500 klm and 1000klm Endurance (with co-driver) races. Plus of course the Bathurst 1000 klms is one of the most iconic events of International motor sport events with a history of over 70 years during which time it has catered for many types of touring cars from Improved Production through the brilliant Group C big V8 TCs to Group A and now exclusively for V8s. V8s. Of course being V8 the sounds are good and at Bathurst they reach speeds of 300kph. They compete for the ATCC (Australian Touring Car Championship)

Nowadays its run exclusively for Mustangs and Camaros,

There are heaps of videos of V8SC and its predecessors on youtube, or on the https://www.supercars.com/videos website.

Last years Bathurst. 1000 had a bit of everything....

Thanks! Will definetly check it out.
Cars. Bikes. Yay.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

BTCC has its merits even if it may not always seem like it.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

TCR Australia season started at Sandown last weekend and Ben Bargwanna won two races. TransAm was another James Moffat dominance while Todd Hazelwood was in the wars from what I've noticed.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Three Trans Am races in Symmons Plans and three times it was interrupted by bush fire. I thought March is autumn in Australia? Guess Tasmania has a different climate after all? :tongue: @EversoBiggyballies
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Vassago wrote: 1 month ago Three Trans Am races in Symmons Plans and three times it was interrupted by bush fire. I thought March is autumn in Australia? Guess Tasmania has a different climate after all? :tongue: @EversoBiggyballies
Hey had their hottest night in like 120 years a week or two ago in Hobart.

Not sure what their summer was like rainfall wise, but maybe it's bone dry down there.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Trans Am race four and grass fire number four! This time a car went off and sat still for a few seconds which was enough :tongue: