The Formula E Thread - 2014-15 Season

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

That's the VIP price though. Silver is £56, Bronze is £22. More reasonable , but still considerably more expensive than Berlin.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

£22 is still expensive for what it is.
But then I'm probably the exception, someone I know was happy to pay £90 to get into the Blancpain Endurance Series at Brands the other week, I was like are you mad?
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Is that how much it is these days?! I remember in the early 2000s, the last time I went to a BTCC race weekend, it was about £25 to get in and maybe another £20 on top for a grandstand seat at the top of Paddock. The entry fee seemed worth it at least, I had as much fun playing in the amusements, doing the pits walkabout and browsing in the shops as I did watching the racing. Sometimes they had a truck you could go inside to play the latest Gran Turismo with a wheel and pedals and one year they even had Quasar. I can't imagine them having that sort of entertainment now.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Fair enough, that is more reasonable as you say. I wonder what the VIP ticket gives you?
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

According to their site, priority seating (aka Grandstand) and access to the "executive area", so probably a VIP tent serving drinks and food.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Formula E is in London this weekend!

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

They decided to do some promotion on the one show Thursday night, got the presenters to close all their eyes and drove one of the cars up behind them to see if they could tell how noisy it was, the presenters all played along but it was quiet obvious they could hear the gearbox whine long before the car appeared lol.

Of all the promo we've had round here in the last week, not one has mentioned the entry cost.... can't think why.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I believe I checked the ticket prices a few weeks ago and found them nearly double the cost of the Berlin round...

Well it was a nice thrilling little end to the season. Sarrazin won Race 2 but got disqualified for running out of battery power (even though he won...what?). The circuits this season were far too narrow, especially the London track. That's my only criticism of this series. It's more exciting than F1 is at the moment anyway.