[WRC/IRC] 2012 Season - BMW Mini to split with Prodrive?

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I'm calling it now, Ogier and VW will be WRC Champions in 2013.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

kals wrote:I'm calling it now, Ogier and VW will be WRC Champions in 2013.
With Loeb only doing another 3 rounds in total this year, the speed straight out of the box of the VW was without doubt impressive, and to win the first stage was mega for the new team. Shame that I think Ogier was driving with a fair bit in hand from half way or so, the management seemed to be more focussed on getting the 2nd place. With Latvala now in the other VW, seeming to be having another nightmare start to a season, never looking that comfortable, and predictably ending in tears, the VW's had to make a good finish with at least one car. With Loeb out of the way for a while I am hoping that we might see some good battles between the likes of Ogier, Hirvonen, Sordo, Latvala and co.

And hopefully a new champion come end of season. It would be embarrassing to all if Loeb was to take out the title again despite only doing a few events. :suspicious:
Is it next year when we get the new lamed down regs? Really not looking forward to that 0-

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

Judging by Monte alone Ogier looks worryingly strong. He has a fair bit more testing under his belt than Latvala does which explains part of the difference (Latvala seemed to be lost with setups throughout the weekend). Hirvonen was not that fast but his strong point has always been consistency and he did rack up decent points, so if he manages to pick up his pace in Sweden and, more importantly, when the circus gets to the regular events he should be strong contender. Sordo could be the dark horse for the title race, and as far as Latvala goes it all depends on whether he manages to ge this his act together. The Ford drivers could spring one-off surprises but I doubt they'd be in contention for the title.
Everso Biggyballies wrote:Is it next year when we get the new lamed down regs? Really not looking forward to that 0-
No big rule changes coming for '14 that I'm aware of...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Sam wrote: Sordo could be the dark horse for the title race, and as far as Latvala goes it all depends on whether he manages to ge this his act together. The Ford drivers could spring one-off surprises but I doubt they'd be in contention for the title.
Sordo might actually get to win a rally with Seb doing so few rounds, and no orders etc..... He just needs to pray for reliability and maybe conquer a couple of demons. I reckon once he racks up #1 then he might get the monkey off of his back and win a few. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:Someone else might actually get to win a rally with Seb doing so few rounds, and no orders etc.....:
Corrected... :whistling: