LE MANS 24 hours 2010 TODAY

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I am so looking forward to this weekend. I hope that some kind of giant killer emerges. It would be great for the sport if Audi or Peugeot doesn't win but it is unlikely. Next year should be better when it comes to "David's", when Pescarolo and hopefully a handful more privateers comes back. Now my hopes lies on the Rebellion team. Marco Andretti was the fastest Acura driver a couple of years back at Sebring so he should be a asset for them, if he doesn't break the car. It's kind of a shame that Oreca was given the extra Peugeot. Now they give their biggest effort on that car instead on their own. It would be much more fun to see their own car given a proper effort. And too bad that Kolles haven't scrapped their R10's yet. Those cars aren't competitive anymore.
Finally, I predict that the Mansell car will be the slowest, or second slowest, of the LMP1-cars. They should be glad if they even beat the old Autocon-car. Why are they even there? They can barely get to the grid in the ALMS sprint races. It didn't start at Sebring, and they have been invisible in the other races. The ACO should revise their invitations system for the ALMS. It barely took any effort to finish 3rd in that championship last year, and the 1st and 2nd placed cars didn't even enter Le Mans. ALSO, a shame that Acura didn't make a more Le Mans-friendly version of their LMP1-racer. A bit of a faggot decision to park it after just one season without any proper competition for most of the time when they made such effort to develop the car.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Rainyday
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Post by Rainyday »

Eurosport full 24h coverage = great.

Eurosport not available at my residence = not so great.

I hope there's a stream somewhere.
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Hehehehe Ironically here in Australia we are getting coverage for 22.5 hours of the race..... on Eurosport! :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

Le Mans> That's that funny French race that used to have relevence to road cars huh? :sarcasm:
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Seb Bourdais' Pug's on pole.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Less than 90 minutes to race start now!

Live timing: http://www.thomasbaekdal.com/mini-sites/lemans2010/

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Mansell is out, got the marshalls swarming around the car though, bit odd :dunno:

The fire truck just drove up, I guess it has been called because they might need the jaws of life to cut old Fat Nige, sorry Red Five, out of the car.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

well I'm sure I saw him getting out under his own power, but that's a pretty strange place to crash.
Maybe old age is catching up with him, or the French are even more Health & Safety freaks than us...
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Supposedly caused by a tyre puncture, but he's seemingly ok.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Poor young Mansell's, can't race because their father wants his shits and giggles. But it wasn't a driver error anyway so hard to blame ol' Nige. Just a shame that he is so old and fragile that he couldn't drive the car back to the pits.

McNish is currently faster than the Pug's, but still almost a minute behind.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I take it the race isn't proving that interesting so far?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Puncture on leader Pug! Or a broken suspension arm. Lots of smoke from the right front wheel.

EDIT:
PTRACER wrote:I take it the race isn't proving that interesting so far?
It just got a little bit better

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

NOT a puncture, something more serious on the #3 Peugeot...

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

#3 Peugeot retires because of that.

Drama.

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Bourdais was about to jump in the car as a scheduled stop, he hasn't bothered and has now taken his helmet off. Seems like it will be a long time in the garage, wishbone change taking place at the momenmt.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

DoubleFault wrote:Bourdais was about to jump in the car as a scheduled stop, he hasn't bothered and has now taken his helmet off. Seems like it will be a long time in the garage, wishbone change taking place at the momenmt.
It's definitely out. They have stopped working on the car and put the cover over it. Probably a suspension attachment point to the tub broke.