2006 Chinese GP - Driver of the race

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

caneparo wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:
caneparo wrote:he had to turn on the turbo lag, to make it tougher :mrgreen:

About Kubica I had a sheer impression. That Michelin called him back, as the more inexperienced and younger driver, to mount on dry tyres and check if it worked, just as the sacrifice lamb. It screwed his good race.
It happened the same with Rosberg, called back to test dry Bridgestone. Am I the only one thinking about that?
I read on tbk that Kubica himself had asked for the dry tires despite his team suggesting intermediates which later bit him.

Sandeep
I don't read TBK anymore, but if the source (Kubica himself) is correct I can't say nothing if not I had a wrong impression
I saw several sources saying that it was Kubica to ask for dry tyres. Cannot rate him among the drivers of the race at this point
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
CevertAngel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One.
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari (Present) and Tyrell (Past)
Favourite Driver: Francois Cevert (Past) and Kimi.
Favourite Circuit: Monza,Monaco and Spa.
Car(s) Currently Owned: 1987 Ferrari Testa Rossa. 1968 Impa
Location: In Francois Cevert Heaven.Sharing a Cloud with Francois and Uncle Ken.

Post by CevertAngel »

Hotdogger wrote:
FloP wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:Kubica: For that awesome save after losing control, disengaging TC, gassing it around just inches shy of the gravel and getting going instantly brought to my mind Gilles Villeneuve doing the exact same thing in the 1982 US GP West at Long Beach when he was trying to outbrake Rosberg going into the hairpin. :cool:
Gilles also had to disengage TC? ;)
rofl, Gilles would slap you with a trout if you even mentioned TC to him. :tongue:
Gilles slap you around a bit......Yes.
Trout..... :huh: ......... That'd be the least of your problems...... :haha:
Always One Of Great Brilliance on the Track and Great Kindness Of It... - Francois Cevert (1944-1973) .... Loved and Missed Always,
BleedingGums

Post by BleedingGums »

caneparo wrote:
I saw several sources saying that it was Kubica to ask for dry tyres. Cannot rate him among the drivers of the race at this point
Who dares bins!

:roll:
The blues isn't about making yourself feel better, it's about making other people feel worse.