Queen Records

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Queen Records

Post by DoubleFault »

So i came across some Queen LP's (Originals) in a shop called "WotNot" which is practically a car boot sale kinda shop.

There was "Greatest Hits" "The Game" "Sheer Heart Attack" "Queen" "Jazz" and another. £2 each! I thought, why not get some LP's aswell? So i checked the surface and found only "Queen" "Sheer Heart Attack" and "The Game" were good, the others had big scores through.

How much are they worth, if anything?
P34
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by P34 »

Go for it! In London, I saw one of original Beatles LP's £90 worth.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

They're worth very little as there's so many of them about. You have to have really special versions of the vinyls to make them worth something. For example, News Of The World green promo vinyl from France is worth £110. The Game on red vinyl from Ecuador is worth nearly £1000, while an Israeli grey vinyl test pressing of the same album is worth over £1200.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

£2 each?! Thats a bargain. I had to pay abot £15 for The Who's Live at Leeds and about the same for the Rollings Stones' Aftermath. Got a Tom Petty EP quite cheap though.
Which album is the best do ya guys think? Would like to hear some more of this very butch band called Queen.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

A Night At The Opera is probably the most varied album. Rock, pop, skiffle/folk, music hall, rock opera, ballad...

News Of The World is a great album if you like different kinds of rock, as it's got We Will Rock You (rock), We Are The Champions (rock ballad), Sheer Heart Attack (punk rock), Spread Your Wings (rock ballad again), Fight From The Inside (heavy rock), Sleeping On The Sidewalk (rock blues), It's Late (heavy rock). It's got some piano blues on there too, if you like that kinda stuff.

A Day At The Races is a very interesting album - heavy rock, power ballads, rock, pop, even a little music hall.

If you like really unusual songs, go for Queen II - it's full of prog. rock.

The Game is mostly rock and ballads, with a few 50s/60s style rock and pop thrown in as well.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

My favourite is probably "The Miracle"

I like Party and Khasshogis ship, "I want it all" is a great song, Scandal and Was it all worth it are two great songs, with Scandal aimed at the press for their bad views against Queen and Brian Mays personal stuff etc, Chinese torture kinda cool lol

4 songs the Greatest Hits collection shouldnt have missed out on are:

1) '39
2) Spread Your Wings
3) Scandal
4) Death on two Legs
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Thanks for the tip
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Spread Your Wings and Dreamer's Ball are fantastic :mrgreen:

Check out Dreamer's Ball live at Paris 1979 (bootleg):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifnpWZ5b ... 27s%20Ball

So good :shock:

'39 live at Hammersmith Odeon 1979:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b8hnZRm ... en%20%2739

Death On Two Legs live at the same concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXlumq7b ... egs%20live

Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) live in Japan 79 (bad quality sound):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqKiMk_L ... 0Torriatte
Last edited by PTRACER 18 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Cool, i quite like Dreamers Ball aswell!
PTfan54
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by PTfan54 »

I like the sister albums A Day at the Races and A Night at the Opera.

Queen was just so damn original throughout their career, that its amazing that there was no "era" that wasn't very good musically. They're like The Beatles in that it doesn't matter what time period the song you're listening to is from, it's always fantastic.
Bernie Ecclestone's Glasses: The Greatest Spectacles in Racing
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Yeh, because there are bands that play music now, have great success but their music isnt appreciated 2 years later, but to play in the spotlight from 1973 to 1991 or 1995 (Wherever you class the end of "Queen") takes something special. But what would Queens records have been like if Freddie hadnt got AIDS - you probably wouldnt have had "Show must go on" and "Was it all worth it" and possibly other songs. Although i DONT believe every other song written by Queen was about AIDS - i was on a forum and the asked if Great King Rats mention of dying from an STD was Freddie speaking about AIDS - it was even known in 73, let alone Freddie knowing he had it!