2024 WRC and Off Road Discussion *includes 'Dakar' *

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

WRC Monte Carlo: Evans makes perfect start

Evans blitzed the pair of night stages held in dry conditions to open up a 15.1s lead over Hyundai’s Thierry Neuville.

It proved to be a challenging evening for Hyundai as all three of its entries suffered issues. Ott Tanak battled a throttle problem to end the loop in fourth (+22.8s), behind nine-time Monte Carlo winner Sebastien Ogier (+21.6s) in third.

Adrien Fourmaux impressed on his full-time Rally1 return with M-Sport to net fifth (+39.0s) ahead of Toyota’s Takamoto Katsuta (+46.3s), M-Sport’s Gregoire Munster (+1m06.0s) and Hyundai’s new recruit Andreas Mikkelsen (+1m08.8s).

In WRC2, Skoda's Pepe Lopez led the way while Sami Pajari was the best of the new Toyota GR Yaris Rally2 runners sitting fourth in class behind Citroen duo Nikolay Gryazin and Yohan Rossel.

The rally continues on Friday with six stages scheduled, comprising a total distance of 105.72km.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Still very warm weather predicted over the weekend, but if yesterday's two stages is anything to go by it might look a lot like dirt rally this!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Well, there was some icey action this morning, more than whole of last years' rally in one single corner! Tänak lost out big time, but not worse than Katsuta who was stuck in the ditch for 5 minutes. Rest of the day quite static, with Evans leading over Ogier and Neuville, 16 seconds covers the three.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Neuville put on a show on SS9! Beat Ogier with 18 seconds to retake 2nd overall and closed in considerably on Evans.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Cheeveer wrote: 3 months ago Neuville put on a show on SS9! Beat Ogier with 18 seconds to retake 2nd overall and closed in considerably on Evans.
:smiley:
I must admit I would very much like Ogier not to win another MCR. Someone else's turn. Anyone else.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 months ago
Cheeveer wrote: 3 months ago Neuville put on a show on SS9! Beat Ogier with 18 seconds to retake 2nd overall and closed in considerably on Evans.
I must admit I would very much like Ogier not to win another MCR. Someone else's turn. Anyone else.
Neuville did you proud then! The reversed order for Saturday changed the name of the game, as Evans couldn't keep his advantage he'd built on the clean roads on Thursday and Friday. Well deserved win by Neuville, one of his best.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Cheeveer wrote: 2 months ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 months ago
Neuville did you proud then! The reversed order for Saturday changed the name of the game, as Evans couldn't keep his advantage he'd built on the clean roads on Thursday and Friday. Well deserved win by Neuville, one of his best.
Thierry was on fire on Sunday.... looked very comfortable and controlled in the car . Great drive. Just hope it stays reliable, but he has a maximum points under his belt to start the season with.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Rally Sweden this weekend, woooo! Solberg dominated WRC2 on SS1, Rovanperä not surprisingly leads overall. I think it will be between him and Tänak this time around, Toyota looks stronger this year compared to last year.

Tomorrow at 8.25 the rally continues with SS2.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Tänak hurt his nutsack on SS1:
but he will live on to fight another day

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Day 2 saw in Sweden sees a bit of a strange leaderboard by day end.....

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

It's been dramatic, that's for sure! Now Katsuta wrecks on SS10! Leaving Lappi with a 90 sec advantage over Fourmax and Evans.

If Lappi also bins it, he is going to lose his job, lol.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Lappi brings it home safely to score his first win in 6 years. Oliver Solberg meanwhile obliterated the field in WRC2 for the second straight year!

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It seems like Lappi didnt care a toss about bonus Sunday points and risking the win. He was just wanting to control the gap without any heroics. Absolutely nothing wrong with that..... he got the win, left a few points on the table and didnt risk breaking the toys. Good on him. Glad for Fourmax as well. I think he ended up with a similar objective, just wanting to bring it home in a good position rather than another disappointment / fail.