Road to Indy feeder series discussion

Including the Indy 500 and all junior series leading up to IndyCar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

And is it still one lucky driver will get rewarded with a (relative) bag of peanuts for winning the series, compared to previous winners.... no works assisted drives or the previous sweeteners (pre Penske ownership?) or big chunk of budget to help career progression in another category up the ladder. :idunno:

I just remember Lundqvist I think it was got shafted royally on his feeder series win.

Im hoping that the situation was remedied after that but not holding my breath. I must confess I dont follow the Indy feeder stuff that closely and may be suffering good old fashioned ignorance with this. :suspicious: :whistling:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 months ago And is it still one lucky driver will get rewarded with a (relative) bag of peanuts for winning the series, compared to previous winners.... no works assisted drives or the previous sweeteners (pre Penske ownership?) or big chunk of budget to help career progression in another category up the ladder. :idunno:

I just remember Lundqvist I think it was got shafted royally on his feeder series win.

Im hoping that the situation was remedied after that but not holding my breath. I must confess I dont follow the Indy feeder stuff that closely and may be suffering good old fashioned ignorance with this. :suspicious: :whistling:
Not sure about 2024, but it increased in 2023 since Lundquist won.

https://racer.com/2023/01/12/indy-nxt-prize-increases/

https://formulascout.com/indy-nxt-udpat ... son/102833
A guaranteed $850,000 will be given to the 2023 champion to spend on “an oval test at Texas Motor Speedway, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Open Test/Rookie Orientation Programme, the Indianapolis 500 and an additional 2024 IndyCar event” according to a series representative.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion