Historic rallies on Richard Burns Rally Rallysimfans.hu

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Historic rallies on Richard Burns Rally Rallysimfans.hu

Post by Cheeveer »

Hello everyone,

just wanted to mention the rallies I host over on rallysimfans.hu (the easy-to-install RBR mod). Last year I felt the urge to do some rallying with historic cars, and the only way to really set up your own rallies is to use rallysimfans website and do it online. Anyone and everyone can join, but since it was in no way organized or through a community, it was just myself racing against myself, to see if I could survive the challenge.

So I'm throwing it out there, if you want to do some historic rallying on some historic rally stages, look for the rallies I host. It's hosted under my username is Cheeveer, usually 3 legs with 3 or 4 stages each, super rally is on. Cars from group 2, 4, A and B cars are eligible. I usually follow the WRC schedule or whatever historic rally it's "season" for, so today I set up a Monte Carlo rally; just look for "A Monte Carlo Rally" in the online rally list.

https://www.rallysimfans.hu/rbr/rally_online.php

The tentative schedule for this winter is Monte now, an Arctic Finnish rally in a week or so, and a Swedish rally the week leading up to the WRC round. After that it really depends on what is available through the rallysimfans mod, sadly Mexico, Corsica, Portugal, San Remo and Acropolis isn't really worthwhile, but last year I did Safari, Poland, a Swedish summer rally, Estonia, Finland, Czech and RAC.

Would be fun to have some company out on the stages!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Sounds interesting, will sticky the thread so people can check it out. Do you live stream the event?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

PTRACER wrote: 1 year ago Sounds interesting, will sticky the thread so people can check it out. Do you live stream the event?
No, nothing like that. You can take part whenever you like until Monday night. I usually set up so you can drive the rally within a 4 day window. When you have started a leg, you can't exit the game and continue some other time, you need to finish the leg until you can exit to menu and take a longer break.

As for me, I ran the first leg (first 4 stages) without incident, but crashed on stage 2 of leg 2 (stage 6), so will have to miss stage 7 and 8, but can continue from stage 9 under super rally rules. Will continue this afternoon.

Here's the full itinerary: https://www.rallysimfans.hu/rbr/rally_o ... y_id=51557
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

fffffff, crashed on the penultimate stage too...

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

An Arctic Rally Finland is up! Open until Monday!

https://www.rallysimfans.hu/rbr/rally_o ... y_id=52151

Good luck everyone!

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Finished the first 2 legs without major incident! Just the final short leg to go, will do that during the weekend. Weapon of choice is the 1984 Audi Quattro A2.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

I managed to finish the rally without any major incidents, 3rd overall out of 5 non-super-rally finishers, less than a minute behind the winner, so quite happy with that! TBH it is not often I can do these 9-10 stage rally's without writing off at least one car. Getting better all the time! 42 starters for this random event, quite cool!

Oh, and Rally Sweden is up! Open until Monday!

https://www.rallysimfans.hu/rbr/rally_o ... y_id=52379

A bit different format as there are fewer stages to choose from in Sweden. Re-using one of the Finnish stages as it fits the landscape quite well.

Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -

Post by Puhis »

How have I missed these? Been simrallying for a bit now. Any interest in reviving these, maybe hosting a bit of a special event? I can do the roadbook if you want, too. Just lemme know.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

tbh, I didn't host any more rallies. Guess I fell out of love with rallying a bit after Craig Breen's death. Then I have been crazy busy during the summer. We'll see if I'll host some more this autumn.