Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

John wrote: 10 months ago
Meanwhile every time you're in an Indycar thread your complaining how boring it is. It's not your cup of tea and that's fine.
Yes. Then you know how irritating it is to see everyone watching F1 and when it comes to rating: 1 point, 2 points 1 point, 3 points... oh how it sucks.
John wrote: 10 months ago
Racing fans are toxic, just go to any social media post or reddit thread. I prefer Indycar over F1 for mainly three reasons;

- The circuits are for the most part, old school circuits and not manicured Tilkedromes
- When I tune in to a race I have no idea who will win
- The on-track product is vastly superior.

F1 was quite entertaining for the past two years, but you can't deny this year is abhorrent, and all the races being won by arguably the least likeable person in the paddock isn't great either.
This season is not worse or better than the almost 75 years of Grand Prix racing in the past. 2021 was an anomaly.

I find it very amusing, Max is winning a lot. He is egocentric, yes. But there are more of those in the paddock. But they don't win that much. Senna was very egocentric too. Just look what happened in 1990 Suzuka.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

erwin greven wrote: 10 months ago
MonteCristo wrote: 10 months ago
PTRACER wrote: 10 months ago
erwin greven wrote: 10 months ago What do they have to learn?
How to have a good race with plenty of action on a tight street track made of spit and sawdust.
I think the spit and sawdust is what makes it, instead of the billard table smooth surfaces that F1 has - even on street circuits.

Edit: Oh, and not racing land yachts.
Actually, i am not surprised to get these answers. Every time i am in a chatbox on what ever race, there is one thing that is IMMENSELY popular in the chat: Bashing F1. It sucks terrible. How on earth are there people who actually watching it?
But do you not think that F1 would be better if the cars were smaller (more nimble), and the drivers and cars raced on tracks/surfaces that were more unpredictable?
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion