Playstation 4/5 thread

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I was very lucky to get one when I did. I can't believe how bad supply still is.

Also, I've recently gotten GT7. Really enjoying it so far. I find the Menus a bit tedious and I wish I could cut some of the video scenes, but the driving experience is great.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago I was very lucky to get one when I did. I can't believe how bad supply still is.

Also, I've recently gotten GT7. Really enjoying it so far. I find the Menus a bit tedious and I wish I could cut some of the video scenes, but the driving experience is great.
Do want. Using a controller or wheel? I do want a PS4 or 5 and just play some casual racing games with a controller. It's been a while.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

I'm using the controller at the moment as I haven't had the chance to set my wheel up. Still good.
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

So I got a PS4 now. A friend had just upgraded to a PS5 so I took over his old console. Got it for Gran Turismo 7 of course, it's fun but different from what I expected. Last console game I played was GT4 back in 2005, I guess I just expected a HD version of that.

Anyway, last night I spent about 45 minutes with this license test which seemed impossible to get gold at, but I at least got within 0.2s of it before I gave up. Then I logged into Youtube and saw this:

:haha:

Spending 45 m on a glitched test...
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

I have yet to get GT7. I'm waiting until the PS5 prices drop from "INSANE" to "that's alot for a console". I am still enjoying GT Sport on the PS4 for now with my Logitech rig.
However, I've heard the server issues for GT7 are severe right now and the whole multiplayer section is down. Is that just the North American servers or the entire world? Have they communicated when it will be brought back on line?
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

I haven't tackled online yet, so wasn't aware. Hoping to check it out soon, but want to get my wheel set up first.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

I've just completed the offline "storyline" where you tackle the cafe challenges. I've finished up with 2m credits after all of that, as I have spent a few million on some cars for racing against mates online.

The Mercedes AMG GTR is 6.2m credits right now. That would require me spending £36 on credits in the Playstation store. If I don't buy it, the available cars will rotate and who knows when it'll come back.

I really hate how they've made this game so heavily reliant on FOMO and microtransactions. Apparently there are cars for 20m credits, which is £160 if you buy them, or 12 hours of solid grinding on the Fishermans race.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago Apparently there are cars for 20m credits, which is £160 if you buy them, or 12 hours of solid grinding on the Fishermans race.
That's like choosing between shit and manure. iRacing's $12 or whatever for a car seems like nothing in comparison to this.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

It used to be that you could buy a car for £2.99 or similar on gt sport. This is just crazy money.
tip145
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance
Favourite Driver: Jackie Stewart
Favourite Circuit: Le Mans

Post by tip145 »

Most of the vintage racecars are incredibly highly priced on here, 917k is 20mill along with the Shelby Daytona Coupe, GT40 mk1 and mk IV are at least 5 a piece, its a massive grind at times and the conversion rate for the in game store is horrific. Loads of fun though besides the grinding!
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

I stopped playing for 5 months. I've just started again, and it's still a crazy grind to get all of the cars.

I want the McLaren form 88, but it's minimum 5 hours of grinding to get it once you've done the track experiences.