This year's TT carnage...

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

julif wrote: 1 year ago
mattia2 wrote: 1 year ago Well, imho i think that sidecars are gone from the island. I'm sad to say it, but 2 crashes in the same point of the track with devastating consequences for both teams is not a coincidence. They're too fast and too unstable on the bumps, even the birchall's almost lost it at ago's leap this year. Either they slow the sidecars down a lot or they will not be there next year.
... But then again if sidecars will be banned, at least there won't be any more fatalities...
Ban the TT would be the underlying motion, as the same could be said about the singles.
It's wrong though because it's an argument against the freedom of choice. But I'm not surprised that the woke cancel culture is up on the fence against it, using health &safety grounds in their favour.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motogp and WSBK + everythin classic
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T
Favourite Driver: Kevin Schwantz
Favourite Circuit: VIR

Post by mattia2 »

Andy wrote: 1 year ago
julif wrote: 1 year ago
mattia2 wrote: 1 year ago Well, imho i think that sidecars are gone from the island. I'm sad to say it, but 2 crashes in the same point of the track with devastating consequences for both teams is not a coincidence. They're too fast and too unstable on the bumps, even the birchall's almost lost it at ago's leap this year. Either they slow the sidecars down a lot or they will not be there next year.
... But then again if sidecars will be banned, at least there won't be any more fatalities...
Ban the TT would be the underlying motion, as the same could be said about the singles.
It's wrong though because it's an argument against the freedom of choice. But I'm not surprised that the woke cancel culture is up on the fence against it, using health &safety grounds in their favour.
Oh no, i'm not talking about the TT itself. I just feel like that sidecars nowadays can't handle the mountain course anymore. This year proves that every bump is a lottery, and if the passenger isn't that experienced it could end easily in a tragedy worst than people can imagine. i just feel like that the TT Organizers need to act about this, one crash is a tragedy two is a problem. And i hope an investigation report will come out soon to udnerstand what happened (even if i'm 100% convinced that the passenger made a mistake on the jump and after that they were gone)
julif
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Nascar, INDYCAR, Le Mans, Rally
Favourite Driver: Helio
Favourite Circuit: Indianapolis

Post by julif »

I don't fancy them banning the sidecars, but they could slow them down to make it "safer" Taking nothing against the freedom of choice that is amazing for those who dream about racing in the TT. They all know how dangerous it is. But maybe it has come to a point where they can look at certain details to improve the safety of the sidecars. With that said however, the TT is never going to be safe, and that's what attracts most people so...
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

julif wrote: 1 year ago I don't fancy them banning the sidecars, but they could slow them down to make it "safer" Taking nothing against the freedom of choice that is amazing for those who dream about racing in the TT. They all know how dangerous it is. But maybe it has come to a point where they can look at certain details to improve the safety of the sidecars. With that said however, the TT is never going to be safe, and that's what attracts most people so...
If Mt Everest would be a Sunday walk, not a lot of people would be wanting to do it.
Of course, it isn't and people, even experienced, die there. Yet no one comes to the conclusion of banning the climb.
How'd you improve safety there? 😉
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
julif
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Nascar, INDYCAR, Le Mans, Rally
Favourite Driver: Helio
Favourite Circuit: Indianapolis

Post by julif »

Andy wrote: 1 year ago
julif wrote: 1 year ago I don't fancy them banning the sidecars, but they could slow them down to make it "safer" Taking nothing against the freedom of choice that is amazing for those who dream about racing in the TT. They all know how dangerous it is. But maybe it has come to a point where they can look at certain details to improve the safety of the sidecars. With that said however, the TT is never going to be safe, and that's what attracts most people so...
If Mt Everest would be a Sunday walk, not a lot of people would be wanting to do it.
Of course, it isn't and people, even experienced, die there. Yet no one comes to the conclusion of banning the climb.
How'd you improve safety there? 😉
I see your point. :wink:
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Andy wrote: 1 year ago How'd you improve safety there? 😉
Install heaters and some piped oxygen :haha:.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago
Why not just install a guard rail or better yet, a stair lift? Maybe a series of escalators?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

DoubleFart wrote: 1 year ago
MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago
Why not just install a guard rail or better yet, a stair lift? Maybe a series of escalators?

"Karen summits Everest during the 2025 climbing season."

Similarly...

"The 2026 Isle of Man TT field tackle the new circuit configuration."
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion