Randy Bernand Fired

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Randy Bernand Fired

Post by theracer120 »

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... rd-meeting

So, after finally telling Tony George to get screwed, and after a week of reports saying the Indycar CEO Bernard was to be fired, all of which were denied by IMS, and here they are, inexplicably firing him. Bernard has brought the series forward after the rejoining quite a fair way. Maybe whoever replaces him might continue on his work, but so far, they don't even really know who will replace him.

Three cheers to the fucking idiots at 16th and Georgetown! :roll:

I have to wonder if Bernard perhaps just wanted to leave, though. I wouldn't blame him.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

I don't get the reasoning behind this... Hiring Randy was always going to be a long-term deal because it was always going to take him time to learn. But I thought he did really well despite pretty much all manner of tough things being thrown at him (everything about the new cars and engines, the TV deal and also what happened at Las Vegas). He brought in fresh ideas, and while not all of them worked he at least tried something new, and if you compare the state of Indycar today to what it was two years ago you can see that he has done an awful lot of good.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Like some have said, this was probably orchestrated by the team owners to get their own puppet in charge. They did not appreciate having someone who had the guts to say no to their self-serving whims.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Hotdogger wrote:..... probably orchestrated by the team owners to get their own puppet in charge. They did not appreciate having someone who had the guts to say no to their self-serving whims.
Yay. Something else I can blame on Chip Ganassi. Talking of self serving twats. :haha:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

For once I don't think Chip was the ring leader.

I'm stunned by this decision. But now RB can go an take a job somewhere else where he'll actually be appreciated.