3D Modelink, 2D Drawink

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Bottom post of the previous page:

What version?
What if?
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Today, I imported a large assembly STEP file, exported from AutoCAD Inventor 2009 into SolidWorks 2007 SP0. SW transformed all the parts into its own solid parts and assemblies. When finished, I opened the assembly and found that it was invisible. I messed around for a while and found that I needed to resolve each part to make them visible in the assembly. No problem, 2 hours later and I was satisfied. Not everything was resolved, but all I really needed. So, I took this assembly model and inserted it into another larger assembly model. Where the focque is it?!? It was a wee microscopic little thing, in and amongst my large layout that was created in inches. Ahhhhh, that sumbitch I was working on was modeled in millimeters.....mustabeen..... So, if I open the metric model and change the units to Imperial, will that change my model from microscopic to what I need? I'm going to try it, tomorrow. It can't be that simple... Does anyone know?
What if?