Onboard cameras

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.

Which one is the best?

The current one (T)
47%
Mid-ninties' one (|)
11%
Early-ninties' one (--)
21%
I have my own suggestion
21%

Total votes: 19

P34
Founder Member
Founder Member

Onboard cameras

Post by P34 »

I assume if the current one and the mid-ninties' could be combined and placed at the cars, it would be cool
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I think the T-Cam is the best one.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
P34
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by P34 »

Well, the current T cam has its owd disadvantages, as well as the | one.
Advantages:
-T cam:
You can see the driver's head shaking :twisted:
-| cam:
Wider recording
The cocpit part is seen clearlier
Disadvantages:
-T cam:
The recording screen is situated on the left side :?
-| cam:
You can't see the driver's head shaking :twisted: :(

Post by Guest »

I like the current one... but the ones in the mid 90's were good to, some really great footages then!!! :D
Catwalk.Imp
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Catwalk.Imp »

Riccardo Patrese had a cool one at Hockenheim 1992... :) ...does anyone know which I mean...?...at his right side and a wide view...you can see the Trees 'passing by' very fast... :)

Post by Guest »

I think the helmet cam is the best, it was shown at the Daytona 500 in Michael Waltrip's car, then in Robby Gordon's car in the Subway 400. I hope it's not a bad omen, because both of them had the most spectacular wrecks of each race!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

I hate the current T-cam...for some reason.

I preferred the one used in 94 on Schumacher's car...similar to the one they used last year during Firman's lap of Monza. It really gives you a true driver's perspective, of the height HE views the track from, also you get a great view of the track itself. Best of all, you get to see the steering wheel movements properly...overall, you feel much more snug than the T-cam... :twisted: But of course, the best thing would be in-helmet cam like CART or NASCAR but Bernie would rather pour his money into useless things.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

My favorite is the Helmet cam but since they don't have that in F1 its the T-cam. the one angle i can't stand is the one on the front wing.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Those in the helmet give you a very nice idea of what the driver sees, or not... i am always amazed when i see those caps.. great stuff
Mäth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mäth »

tbh, I prefer the T-cam, although I like the helmet-cam too :|

I also like the front wing cam, it gives a good idea ofthe real speed, and so does the mirror cam 8)

Post by Guest »

I love the one on the front wing. The closer to the track you can get, the more exciting it is.
Not wild about the driver's side view - the camera looking at the driver from the left-hand side of the cockpit. I wanna see the track!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Whats a T-cam? :cry: :cry:
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

thegr8one wrote:Whats a T-cam? :cry: :cry:
It's the camera on top of the airbox of a grand prix car. The one which is used most for onboard shots and is shaped like a T.
What if?
samoth

Post by samoth »

At first I like all the cams!
But the cam, which you can watch on the drivers side and watch the track too and you can watch the tach and steering wheel is without doubt the best and than they shows you the telemetry dates, this is in my mind best racing footage!
But i have at home onboard footage from 61 nuerburgring lap. Old driver Hermann Lang drove his old W 154 (?) with about 600 HP on the crankshaft. But he droves slow cause the onboard filmer was on his backseat!

Thomas