Good modern bands

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Good modern bands

Post by Cheeveer »

Does anyone know of any? :tongue:

There are few modern acts that constantly put out great music like Beatles, Stones or Tom Petty did for a very long time.

The White Stripes are the closest to do that. Wolfmother are great but they have released one album so who knows what they have in mind for the future. :roll:
Swedish band Mando Diao's first record was great but since then, not as good. The Soundtrack of our Lives were awesome live, but their studio material bore me.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

I like In Flames. That's about as modern as I get. They have/have written some great melodies which I don't hear in music of that genre. For some reason I have not been as "varied" in my listening habits of late. However, I did listen to a Dave Weckl track and some classic Soul/R&B on XM radio at work today.
What if?
PTfan54
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by PTfan54 »

Dragonforce, anyone?

Seriously, there is no good music these days. I only listen to music that's older than I am.
Bernie Ecclestone's Glasses: The Greatest Spectacles in Racing
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Just listened to "Through the Fire and Flames". They sound like a modern day version of Racer X. They are quite talented.
What if?
WilliamsF1

Post by WilliamsF1 »

I've noticed a few good bands making the transition from Garage group, to Album groups based in Australia. One is called "Vandalism" & they're from Melbourne. They don't have an Album out as yet.

Mind you, they're a House/Techno/Rock act.
There is no such thing as a risk, when you don't have EVERYTHING you want
FloP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by FloP »

I like Rise Against, Anti-Flag and many more. Early 90's is as old as it gets for me, so I guess they all count as "modern" for you.

:wave:
PTfan54
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by PTfan54 »

Warren wrote:Just listened to "Through the Fire and Flames". They sound like a modern day version of Racer X. They are quite talented.
The song Fury of the Storm is also quite good.
Bernie Ecclestone's Glasses: The Greatest Spectacles in Racing
crazydude1992
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by crazydude1992 »

I dont wanna say Linkin Park,so I wont say it. :mrgreen:
Ill say...At the hell with this,Linkin Park is the only modern band I listen to :haha:
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Actually, Mando Diao's first album, Bring 'em in, is bloody brilliant all the way through!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Tamusz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tamusz »

Lacuna Coil, Paradise Lost, Nightwish, Evanescence, Muse, Travis, Placebo, Magyar Posse, .
Hungarian ones, not like you care, but still: Eleven Hold, Hiperkarma, Black Out, 6test, Ákos.