Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

2021 Gulf 12 hours Bahrain International Circuit

Post by erwin greven »

The Gulf 12 Hours is a 12-hour annual GT endurance racing event that takes place on a combination of the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. It has been held since 2013. The 2020 event has been moved to Bahrain and been rescheduled to the second weekend of January 2021.
Gulf 12 Hours January 2021 Edition relocates to Bahrain

The Gulf 12 Hours will relocate from Abu Dhabi to Bahrain in January 2021 for a special appearance.

The race renamed the ‘Gulf 12 Hours Bahrain’ will take place on the scheduled date of 9 January 2021.

The celebration of the 10th edition of the traditional Abu Dhabi race will be postponed until 18 December 2021, to take place as usual at Yas Marina Circuit.

Event organisers have looked to accommodate various logistical and organisational requirements, which meant for the January edition, Bahrain would make the better venue and December would be better for the Abu Dhabi 10th edition.
source

Team Parker to race Bentley GT3 in Bahrain

Team Parker Racing will make its debut appearance at the Gulf 12 Hours Bahrain later this week as Derek Pierce, Andy Meyrick, and Euan McKay compete in a second-generation Bentley Continental GT3.

The race will be held at Bahrain International Circuit, in the Sakhir desert, for the first time in its history, moving from its traditional home of Yas Marina Circuit, in the nearby United Arab Emirates.

Derek, a regular with Team Parker Racing, has competed in what was formerly known as the Blancpain Endurance Series (now the GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup) and had planned to race in that series with the team once again in 2020, before having to amend his plans due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
source

Valentino returns to Gulf 12 Hours

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi will return to race at the Gulf 12 Hours on 9 January 2021 at the Bahrain International Circuit.

Rossi made his Gulf 12 Hours debut at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi in 2019 with the Monster VR46 Kessel Racing team, winning the GT3 Pro-Am class and taking third position overall.

He will return alongside team-mates Luca Marini and Alessio Salucci in their Ferrari 488 GT3.
source
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

January 8th

January 9th

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

** Suddenly realises today is the 8th Jan!**.
Qualy in 6 hours from now.... (So in fact half an hour after midnight my time.... ie the 9th Jan) :haha:
I have badly lost track of what day it is this Festive Season I have been a day or two out a couple of times already!. Always gets me when the main days are Friday and Saturday. :haha:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always